Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Luck retiring!!!!

Also, tell me if I'm wrong:

Career Playoff Wins:

Bortles: 2

Luck: 2

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2019, 10:07 PM)nate Wrote: That's what you get colt fans for tanking to get him to begin with!!!   HanabhahahahahanabanabajabababababanNannananananananNnNnNnnNnnnNsnanNnnn

That's one of the first things I thought. As they say, karma is a bleep!

Their fan base in a nutshell:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut....-news/amp/
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(08-24-2019, 10:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I went over to the Colts message board to read their thoughts. That board is melting down! Many people are blaming Ryan Grigson for not fixing the O-Line and running game.

Yeah.  It's pretty ugly.  Most of them are being kind of vicious.  But, I get it.  It's going to knock them out of contention for years when they thought they had a legit shot at the SB.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-24-2019, 10:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We destroyed Brissett in 2017. Anyone remember?

I do. He didn't look like he belonged in the league in those two games.

Back to Luck, I was wondering if it was 2017 all over again. I don't think he practiced yet this year. Another lingering injury.

(08-24-2019, 09:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 09:47 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: This is essentially two wins added to our final results now this season

My thing is we matched up well with the Colts going back to 2015.  We're 5-3 against them during that stretch, and truth be told, we outplayed them the three games we lost.

We shut them out with Luck last year.

Now?  They are better than they were in 2017, but still don't match up well against us.  We should sweep them again this year.

The last time Luck was out a season (2017) we swept them with a combined score of 57-10 haaaa

Tanking for Trevor Lawrence

I feel bad for Luck, not the Colts
Also bad for the league in general as he had his moments.
Truly shocked but I guess I shouldn't be.
Bust? I feel if he kept playing, he would've eventually won a ring. And isn't the Colts OL looking the best it has in years this season?
Just wow
With Luck in the picture, this division could be anybody's. With him out, it is most definitely Colts last place

This is why you wait until just a few days before the regular season starts to have your fantasy football draft. Thank God, mine isn't until next week.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 12:20 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

How is it that the Colts always loose a great QB when the next QB class coming out is very strong? We always draft QB's high in years when the class sucks. The 2003, 2011 and 2014 classes sucked.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 12:20 AM by knarnn.)

(08-24-2019, 09:53 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the news.  I never held anything against the guy, and if we can't beat the colts with Luck at the helm, we have no right contending for the Super Bowl.  Besides, some of us around here never thought he was a game changer anyway.

Well, he was.  Good luck in all endeavors, and hate to see you go, Mr. Luck.

Indy will still be competitive, and actually has a sneaky good defense.  Brisset is no Luck, but he seems to have no trouble beating us from time to time.  Now, can you imagine if they really do suck, and Trevor Lawrence lands in their lap?  This board would probably explode.

Been there. Done that.

[Image: BYE_FELICIA.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Someone stated earlier Luck and Telvin stepping away, add Gronk to that list.

Some big names stepping away quite early. Top players are earning enough to step away early and they've all had injury problems. 

The XFL is going to be stacked next year tho!

This was the best team Luck ever had in his career, wow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...retirement

Crazy turn of events.
Neckbeard no go. I want to feel bad for Luck and the fans, but I just can't manage to make it happen.

Jaguars new divisional mantra has now morphed into "just beat the stinkin' tacks and we good."

(08-25-2019, 01:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...retirement

Crazy turn of events.

Neckbeard no go. I want to feel bad for Luck and the fans, but I just can't manage to make it happen.

Surely it's ever fans worst nightmare. You wait 9 months, media hyping you up and 2 weeks before kick off, the franchise QB retires.

The fact its Luck and the Colts....yeah I cant help smiling. Hes got millions in the bank, hes married with a kid on the way, he'll be fine.

I could only imagine this place if it happened to us!

Whoa, well good for us sux for the clots. Gif poster put that evil dude from the Simpson's going. Buahahahaha.

What a crazy thing to wake up too.

On one hand, all of this amazing for the jags and the content is very good funny.

On the other it's pretty awful news for the NFL as a whole, and getting booed off the field must have been tough

While Luck's retirement is a huge development, it may not be all candy and sunshine for us.

We already matched up well with the Colts even with Luck. Now that he's gone, it will likely even be a bigger matchup edge-with one small caveat. If we have a defensive weakness, it's stopping the run. If they rely more on the running game, to the extent they can run the ball, they may be tougher for us to beat.

But the bigger concern is the impact Luck's retirement has on our divisional rivals.

In his entire career, Andrew Luck is 8-4 against Houston, and a whopping 12-0 against Tennessee. The only wins Tennessee got against Indy since 2012 were in 2017-the year Luck missed.

We could reliably count on the Colts handing the tacks 2 losses a year, and more often than not, the Texans too.

The problem is, as well as we match up with the Colts, we have had problems with Houston and Tennessee.

If we don't take care of business against Houston and Tennessee, we will need help- help we could use from a Luck led Colts team that we likely won't get without Luck.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It's looking like another good QB draft next year, let's see if the colts play the suck for x game again.

(08-24-2019, 10:25 PM)nate Wrote: He retired of his own volition.  Not like celebrating an injury or some misfortune.  They have the worst owner, and the worst fans in the league, booing Manning in his prime and Luck as well.

They ABSOLUTELY DESERVE THIS as they tanked to begin with to get him.

Not an OUNCE of sympathy here.

I agree with this for sure and with the idea of Grigson not protecting him with an OL. Remember the year he chose a small WR (Dorsett) in the first round instead of a G/T? Unbelievable. That 2nd round is littered with G/Ts still in the league.

We are losers as well as we never got to see this potentially great QB develop into what he could be. Say what you want about Peyton Manning, you loved seeing him bring his circus to town. Same with Patrick Mahomes in 2 weeks, who's not looking forward to that? 

I have more sympathy for NFL fans than I do for Indianapolis fans- they do deserve this and now watch what they'll do this year, they'll tank big time and land one of the big three. They will likely benefit from this in the long run- avoid QB purgatory and start over with another stud. They actually make out pretty good in all this.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile