Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Luck retiring!!!!

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 02:29 AM by lastonealive.)

When you turn the ball over a lot the otherer team will likely score more right?

Happy for you to argue how he was elite?

If he was elite, then it shows elite QBs aren't that important as they struggled to make the playoffs most years.

(08-26-2019, 11:57 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

It is a shame that it all ends for him this way. Even though they are division rivals, he is a hard guy to hate.

Don't even bother with that clown. He rode Borts jock until the day he left town and has always been a Luck hater. Some people just refuse to acknowledge greatness if its on a rival team. He probably doesnt think Peyton was great either.

Bortles was a decent QB here. You will be running Foles out of town next. Then the guy after then the guy after that.

Unless we hit on a Brady type.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-27-2019, 02:27 AM)lastonealive Wrote: When you turn the ball over a lot the otherer team will likely score more right?

Happy for you to argue how he was elite?

If he was elite, then it shows elite QBs aren't that important as they struggled to make the playoffs most years.

(08-26-2019, 11:57 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Don't even bother with that clown. He rode Borts jock until the day he left town and has always been a Luck hater. Some people just refuse to acknowledge greatness if its on a rival team. He probably doesnt think Peyton was great either.

Bortles was a decent QB here. You will be running Foles out of town next. Then the guy after then the guy after that.

Unless we hit on a Brady type.

His combined interception rates bar his injury shortened year are at a league average rate. 

I've always mocked Luck for being bad in the playoffs albeit with very little support. Philip Rivers as been an elite QB while also being pretty poor in the playoffs. 

Also Bortles was an awful QB here for a majority of the time.

(08-26-2019, 12:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Seeing the Colts fans boo Luck off the field.

What a classy fanbase. Made in the image of their owner. Cant wait to beat them.

We've boo'd for almost every possible scenario.  I wouldn't throw stones...ijs

Simply not true.  That is a particularly pathetic fanbase, which is generally not very smart on top of it.  

Would this fanbase boo Manning if he had a bad half or quarter?  

I think this fanbase would have a little more insight and at least “wait and see” before we’d boo our long time star player the last time he walks off the field.

I’m throwing boulders.  That moment will go down as a defining moment for that fanbase, like Philly booing Santa...only that had a “we are living up to our cremudgonness” aspect to it.  

Indy fans will just be remembered as jerks.

(08-26-2019, 11:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

It is a shame that it all ends for him this way. Even though they are division rivals, he is a hard guy to hate.
He also turned it over a lot and was often shut out early in games and put up huge numbers while way down in games. He actually turned it over more than bortles, particularly so in playoffs.

A decent to good QB. Wasn't close to elite though. In fact they actually did better when Hasselbeck filled in for him one year.
Wait wait wait.... What? Hasselbeck?!

Luck is elite due to the fact that he basically wins 10-11 games every season and when he doesn't play, they are the worst team in the league. Good try though bud.

Colts will get another #1 QB this coming draft.

I choose to believe that Andrew Luck gave everything he could this training camp to prepare himself for the season. When he realized he couldn't do it (and likely didn't want to at some point), he decided to walk away healthy. I also choose to believe that Coach Reich was made aware of this possibility at some point and worked with Luck to avoid this alternative.

As for Mr. Irsay, it is quite likely that he is completely unaware of the workings of the football team, they tell him whatever they want.

I also agree and side with the poster who remains bitter about their cheesy midnight move out of Baltimore in 1984 and especially about their taking the logo, colors and history with them.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Late to the party, but I felt bad for Andy in all this.

Schefter deserves a punch in the mouthhole for tweeting that out before the team, or Luck himself had a chance to make the announcement. Saying that he was mentally worn down without any acknoweldgement of the physical wear and tear painted Luck in a poor light. I understand how fans whose only information was schefty's 140-odd character scoop might boo. (remember how we reacted to Telvin?)

I kinda hated to see the news. I want to beat the best the division has to offer. Knock on wood, but Andy was never the kryptonite that Peyton seemed to be. That may be more a testament that more often than not, Andy was playing hurt or on the sideline those games, rather than we simply had his number.

In a few years, they will put his number in their ring of honor, and hopefully fans will have simmered down by then, and recognize him for the efforts he gave them.

Now if they end up stinking up the joint this year and falling into yet another all-NFL QB, I might end up in the ER after trying to smash my head through a brick wall.

(08-27-2019, 11:56 AM)Mikey Wrote: Now if they end up stinking up the joint this year and falling into yet another all-NFL QB, I might end up in the ER after trying to smash my head through a brick wall.

Tankin' for Tua!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-27-2019, 01:28 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 11:56 AM)Mikey Wrote: Now if they end up stinking up the joint this year and falling into yet another all-NFL QB, I might end up in the ER after trying to smash my head through a brick wall.

Tankin' for Tua!

I hope so.  I don't see him as any sure-fire bet.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When I first heard all the Colts fans booing Andrew Luck, I could not believe it.
Then I started to wonder....

Did they just pipe that crowd noise in?

Indianapolis Colts
2019 AFC South Participants

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(08-27-2019, 04:02 PM)ferocious Wrote: When I first heard all the Colts fans booing Andrew Luck, I could not believe it.

Indianapolis Colts

Classic !!!

(08-27-2019, 04:02 PM)ferocious Wrote: When I first heard all the Colts fans booing Andrew Luck, I could not believe it.

Indianapolis Colts

top to bottom, this is a heckuva post.

Indianapolis Colts

*slow clap*

(08-26-2019, 12:24 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Seeing the Colts fans boo Luck off the field.

What a classy fanbase. Made in the image of their owner. Cant wait to beat them.

We've boo'd for almost every possible scenario.  I wouldn't throw stones...ijs

So that's their only choice? How about remembering the guy still trying to help them win when they had a D that gave up 500+ yards passing every week, a team that drafted WR after WR instead of getting him any O line help.

He lacerated his kidney, shoulder issues, ankle issues, the guy put it out there for the team. But no, he wants to still be able to walk at 50 and play with his kids so lets boo him. 

Theres something called respect and gratitude. You also cant buy class.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 06:41 PM by ferocious.)

Maybe a little off topic, but oh well, here I go....

Everybody on this board has a favorite Colts moment.
Here is mine.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nt-fiasco/
I had a youtube clip, but apparently I can't post it...

Search Youtube for "The Worst Play in NFL History"

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

God I miss the +1 button
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]