Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Allies Target Journalists Hostile to WH

(08-29-2019, 03:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 11:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If journalists report on Trump relentlessly it's because he brings it on himself, either by  a Twitter barrage of [BLEEP], being a crook or incompetence. It's impossible to not report on him.

That is 1000% true but they are relentless in every single thing about him. And they practically revel in it like pigs in mud. It's disgusting.

Which is fine, as long as they're accurate and unbiased, but we all know it's far from that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2019, 04:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 03:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That is 1000% true but they are relentless in every single thing about him. And they practically revel in it like pigs in mud. It's disgusting.

Which is fine, as long as they're accurate and unbiased, but we all know it's far from that.

Exactly.

(08-28-2019, 11:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If journalists report on Trump relentlessly it's because he brings it on himself, either by  a Twitter barrage of [BLEEP], being a crook or incompetence. It's impossible to not report on him.

I have not seen any credible evidence regarding the part in bold.  The twitter stuff, yes I can agree on that, but I fail to see anything as far as "being a crook" or incompetence.  Quite frankly, I think that he is doing very well on the "trade war" with China.  Despite what is reported in the MSM, you don't see much regarding Apple moving production from China as well as other companies also leaving China.  Yes the tariffs cause immediate pain to some industries, but it hurts China more than it hurts us.

The thing is, the media for the most part is desperately trying to paint The President in a negative way by ignoring the positive things that he is doing.  They seem to concentrate more on his tweets rather than looking at the big picture.  He is basically playing them like a fiddle and most people don't realize it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Only reason to have AT&T Uverse was One America News.

I miss it.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-29-2019, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I have not seen any credible evidence regarding the part in bold.  The twitter stuff, yes I can agree on that, but I fail to see anything as far as "being a crook" or incompetence.  Quite frankly, I think that he is doing very well on the "trade war" with China.  Despite what is reported in the MSM, you don't see much regarding Apple moving production from China as well as other companies also leaving China.  Yes the tariffs cause immediate pain to some industries, but it hurts China more than it hurts us.

The thing is, the media for the most part is desperately trying to paint The President in a negative way by ignoring the positive things that he is doing.  They seem to concentrate more on his tweets rather than looking at the big picture.  He is basically playing them like a fiddle and most people don't realize it.

There is more to Trump than his trade war with China, and my conversations with area farmers and local reporting do not lead me to agree with the part in bold. His tax cuts helped no one I know, who are lower middle class economically. They are all still working multiple jobs with no pay raises since he took office.

But hey, if it was good for you, I guess it was good for the country, right?

As for his incompetence, we will have to wait and see. His past financial dealings are proof enough, but time will tell on his actions as POTUS. But he sure doesn't sound to me like a man who knows what he's talking about.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2019, 05:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have not seen any credible evidence regarding the part in bold.  The twitter stuff, yes I can agree on that, but I fail to see anything as far as "being a crook" or incompetence.  Quite frankly, I think that he is doing very well on the "trade war" with China.  Despite what is reported in the MSM, you don't see much regarding Apple moving production from China as well as other companies also leaving China.  Yes the tariffs cause immediate pain to some industries, but it hurts China more than it hurts us.

There is more to Trump than his trade war with China, and my conversations with area farmers and local reporting do not lead me to agree with the part in bold. His tax cuts helped no one I know, who are lower middle class economically. They are all still working multiple jobs with no pay raises since he took office.

As for his incompetence, we will have to wait and see. His past financial dealings are proof enough, but time will tell on his actions as POTUS. But he sure doesn't sound to me like a man who knows what he's talking about.

Low unemployment means a strong market for those with marketable skills. Is it too much to ask all those people you know to get out and look for jobs that pay better? Or are they just expecting more compensation today for the same type and amount of work they did yesterday? Because that's not how it works. What I do know is that I've had to increase starting salaries to attract quality candidates because the competition to recruit them is quite strong. But hey, if it's good for literally hundreds of workers in the North Florida region (a significant portion of them being minorities btw) it must not be good for anyone, right?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-30-2019, 09:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 05:29 PM)rollerjag Wrote: There is more to Trump than his trade war with China, and my conversations with area farmers and local reporting do not lead me to agree with the part in bold. His tax cuts helped no one I know, who are lower middle class economically. They are all still working multiple jobs with no pay raises since he took office.

Low unemployment means a strong market for those with marketable skills. Is it too much to ask all those people you know to get out and look for jobs that pay better? Or are they just expecting more compensation today for the same type and amount of work they did yesterday? Because that's not how it works. What I do know is that I've had to increase starting salaries to attract quality candidates because the competition to recruit them is quite strong. But hey, if it's good for literally hundreds of workers in the North Florida region (a significant portion of them being minorities btw) it must not be good for anyone, right?

This is true. Mrs. Malabar's former employer is losing good employees left and right (including Mrs. Malabar), while still treating their remaining employees as if it were the 2014 Obama economy. I wonder if they'll figure out their problem in time to avoid closing down. Anyway, the harder workers are benefiting by leaving for other jobs, and i guess the slackers are benefiting from better job security.

And let me add that the corporate tax cut was not intended to be a short-term fix. It was needed to stop the bleeding of large corporations leaving the US for lower taxes elsewhere. That we currently have a more competitive jobs market is just a coincidence, but this was a crucial long-term change.

The changes to personal tax rates, specifically the doubling of the standard deduction, is a huge benefit to the lower middle class, so either RJ is lying, his friends are lying, or they are paying way too much in property taxes which implies they chose to live in a mansion they can't afford.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"