Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts season ticketholders demand refunds as Andrew Luck retires

(08-28-2019, 06:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 03:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was reported on ESPN that he informed the team he was thinking about retiring months ago and they basically talked him into coming back. Apparently, YOU didn't see that. And I did watch Luck's press conference. All of it.

Why would I watch ESPN for sporting news? They're a laughing stock now when it comes to that stuff. Wrong 99% of the time. Only time I bother watching ESPN is for college football and UFC fights.

I'll believe it from the guy's own mouth, rather than some anonymous "source" from ESPN. The team was informed 1 1/2 -2 weeks ago.

Wrong 99% of the time?

So they were right breaking the news of luck's retirement.   So somewhere in the relevant group of 100 NFL stories, that was the only one ESPN got right?

Seriously?

I get not liking ESPN.  I almost never watch them.  When they delve into opinion, I think they evidence bias against the Jaguars and other less than glamorous teams.

But I am betting that's a bit of exaggeration.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My god you people are all sheep.

I weep for our society...the amount of wasted money that goes into sports and music is honestly horrifying.

(08-29-2019, 03:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: My god you people are all sheep.

I weep for our society...the amount of wasted money that goes into sports and music is honestly horrifying.
What else we gonna do with it? 

I earned it, I'll do what I damn well please with it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-29-2019, 03:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: My god you people are all sheep.

Yet here you are.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2019, 02:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 06:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Why would I watch ESPN for sporting news? They're a laughing stock now when it comes to that stuff. Wrong 99% of the time. Only time I bother watching ESPN is for college football and UFC fights.

I'll believe it from the guy's own mouth, rather than some anonymous "source" from ESPN. The team was informed 1 1/2 -2 weeks ago.

Wrong 99% of the time?

So they were right breaking the news of luck's retirement.   So somewhere in the relevant group of 100 NFL stories, that was the only one  ESPN got right?

Seriously?

I get not liking ESPN.  I almost never watch them.  When they delve into opinion, I think they evidence bias against the Jaguars and other less than glamorous teams.

But I am betting that's a bit of exaggeration.

Obviously it's an exaggeration, but it's not far off honestly. They've completely changed to try and be an entertainment network. Something similar like the WWE now days. 

There's a reason why almost every show they have now is people just screaming/arguing at each other about the dumbest things.

Schefter broke the news about Luck retiring because some scumbag leaked it to him. Schefter might "work" for ESPN, but that's not ESPN breaking the news. Schefter broke the news and ESPN just reported it like 20 minutes later. 

My comment was more along the lines of some anonymous report from ESPN regarding the team knew about Luck retiring in March... If that was truly the case, don't you think they'd have tried harder to look for/acquire a QB in FA/the draft?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As of right now, the Colts have Jacoby Brissett and no backup behind him. They all got cut.

(08-31-2019, 05:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As of right now, the Colts have Jacoby Brissett and no backup behind him. They all got cut.

Tanking.  Done it before, will do it again.