Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tropical Storm Dorian

5am update, track continues to shift to the East.

[Image: 090017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2019, 06:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 5am update, track continues to shift to the East.

Sure hoping that trend continues!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 08:23 AM by homebiscuit.)

(08-30-2019, 10:51 PM)PSneakers Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've bought several 100' extension cords. If the power goes out, I'll stand outside and listen for the closest generator.

So YOU'RE the electricity thief!  That's why my breaker kept tripping...…..I knew I wasn't using that many amps!

Thief is such a strong word. I prefer the term “constructive reappropiator”. 

Btw, leave a full gas can outside and I’ll keep the generator tank topped off. It’s the least I can do.

(08-31-2019, 06:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 5am update, track continues to shift to the East.

It’s like we have a personal grudge against South Carolina.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 08:56 AM by americus 2.0.)

(08-31-2019, 06:34 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Sure hoping that trend continues!

Those of us here in the Carolinas disagree.

(08-30-2019, 09:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 04:49 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Looks like you gonna be driving through it...

As of now my workplace is operational on Tuesday. Depending on the weekend updates I might be headed north when I get done that afternoon and just find a place to stop up in the Carolinas.

I'd invite you to our place to hunker down but you may not survive it. We'd kill each other and my husband would not find that a good thing.  Laughing

It’ll be a nothingburger here but the Carolinas should be nervous now
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The trend continued. Hope it keeps it up and goes out to sea.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Wishing you the Best of Luck and to Stay Safe from the Hurricane

Jaguar Fan in Maryland
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(08-31-2019, 08:52 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 06:34 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Sure hoping that trend continues!

Well to be fair, what I meant by continues was that it continues on out to the Atlantic and misses the coast completely.  Cool
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-31-2019, 10:08 AM)EricC85 Wrote: It’ll be a nothingburger here but the Carolinas should be nervous now

We're keeping an eye on it here in south central NC. I'm almost not worried about it but we stay prepared and alert just in case. My husband works an hour away, an hour closer to the coast, so we have to think about that too.

(08-31-2019, 01:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 10:08 AM)EricC85 Wrote: It’ll be a nothingburger here but the Carolinas should be nervous now

We're keeping an eye on it here in south central NC. I'm almost not worried about it but we stay prepared and alert just in case. My husband works an hour away, an hour closer to the coast, so we have to think about that too.

I’ve got about 50 cans of soup (thanks mom! Rolleyes ) and a crockpot full of boiled peanuts if you need supplies! Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-31-2019, 03:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 01:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're keeping an eye on it here in south central NC. I'm almost not worried about it but we stay prepared and alert just in case. My husband works an hour away, an hour closer to the coast, so we have to think about that too.

I’ve got about 50 cans of soup (thanks mom! Rolleyes ) and a crockpot full of boiled peanuts if you need supplies! Big Grin

If the drive wasn't eight hours one way (give or take) I'd be so there!

(08-31-2019, 01:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Just do what us Floridians do.  Buy a [BLEEP] ton of water, batteries, canned goods, generator, gas, and alcohol, then wait for it to shift out towards the Atlantic.   Then watch the Jags/Chiefs game.  

Wishing you and all others impacted the best.  Stay safe

(08-31-2019, 06:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 01:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're keeping an eye on it here in south central NC. I'm almost not worried about it but we stay prepared and alert just in case. My husband works an hour away, an hour closer to the coast, so we have to think about that too.

Just do what us Floridians do.  Buy a [BLEEP] ton of water, batteries, canned goods, generator, gas, and alcohol, then wait for it to shift out towards the Atlantic.   Then watch the Jags/Chiefs game.  

Wishing you and all others impacted the best.  Stay safe
Thanks!

(08-31-2019, 08:52 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 06:34 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Sure hoping that trend continues!

(08-30-2019, 09:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As of now my workplace is operational on Tuesday. Depending on the weekend updates I might be headed north when I get done that afternoon and just find a place to stop up in the Carolinas.

I'd invite you to our place to hunker down but you may not survive it. We'd kill each other and my husband would not find that a good thing.  Laughing

+1
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Saturday night update. Looks like NE Florida will have TS force winds and 4 to 6 inches of rain some time Tuesday into Wednesday.

[Image: 030615_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png]

What if they are wrong about the timing of the turn, the degree of turn, cat 3, we are doomed.

Cat 5 when I woke up this morning and. Shift west. I don’t trust these projections right now. Not with a cat 5. Wife’s packing a go bag just in case no way we ride out anything close to a cat 5 in a mobile home if it shifts west again.

(09-01-2019, 09:08 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: What if they are wrong about the timing of the turn,  the degree of turn, cat 3,  we are doomed.

[Image: JadedHiddenIbis-small.gif]

(09-01-2019, 09:08 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: What if they are wrong about the timing of the turn,  the degree of turn, cat 3,  we are doomed.

Cat 3 in-convinced yes doomed no cat 5 that’s doomed

Even if not a direct hit, a cat 5 skirting the coast will bring significant rain, wind, and storm surge. Not all of the beaches have fully recovered from the last one. Not that anyone usually cries for those with beach houses but there have been a few, especially in Vilano, that have been on danger of going for awhile. Would hate to see serious flooding anywhere in jax beach as well.