Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tropical Storm Dorian

If the current track holds true, most of the east coast of Florida will suffer fairly significant impact. I feel bad for the business owners who, I’m sure, are still financially recovering from Matthew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All this rain ahead of it is gonna have trees down everywhere. Been raining all day in Mandarin

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Sunday night update, the Bahamas are getting blasted. 

[Image: 220614_5day_cone_with_line.png]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-01-2019, 08:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sunday night update, the Bahamas are getting blasted. 

[Image: 220614_5day_cone_with_line.png]

Reported in the 2100hrs report.....Wind gusts over 220 mph. I cannot even imagine.

(08-31-2019, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 10:51 PM)PSneakers Wrote: So YOU'RE the electricity thief!  That's why my breaker kept tripping...…..I knew I wasn't using that many amps!

Thief is such a strong word. I prefer the term “constructive reappropiator”. 

Btw, leave a full gas can outside and I’ll keep the generator tank topped off. It’s the least I can do.

Sure thing neighbor.  Just to prove there are no hard feeling about the "re-appropriation", I'll also leave some freshly baked treats.

Let's see......I'll need a mixing bowl, baking dish, brownie mix, walnuts, 2 eggs, vegetable oil, a large box of ex-lax...…..
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The COJ is sending out phone messages for a mandatory evacuation for zones A and B beginning today at 8:00 A.M. Not like I would follow the order if it applied to me, but do these idiots really believe people should leave the comforts of their homes to crowd into a noisy, chaotic shelter with no privacy for a little nasty weather that isn't supposed to hit until Wednesday evening?

Current forecast is for sustained Tropical Storm force winds late Tuesday through Wednesday, but still variable.

Online resources at www.readyjax.com

Duval schools closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

City offices closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mandatory evacuation of Zones A and B effective Monday at 8am.

Beaches specific news:

Beaches are now closed. Beaches communities have a mandatory 10pm to 6am curfew effective Monday night. Alcohol sales are banned indefinitely effective 10pm Monday night.

(09-02-2019, 08:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The COJ is sending out phone messages for a mandatory evacuation for zones A and B beginning today at 8:00 A.M. Not like I would follow the order if it applied to me, but do these idiots really believe people should leave the comforts of their homes to crowd into a noisy, chaotic shelter with no privacy for a little nasty weather that isn't supposed to hit until Wednesday evening?

For the current track I will consider bunking the family at mom's place in town only if they announce they are turning the power off on Wednesday. If there's no announcement on that then we'll stay home.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Omg , text received to evacuate Duval county, we are doomed.

(09-02-2019, 08:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The COJ is sending out phone messages for a mandatory evacuation for zones A and B beginning today at 8:00 A.M. Not like I would follow the order if it applied to me, but do these idiots really believe people should leave the comforts of their homes to crowd into a noisy, chaotic shelter with no privacy for a little nasty weather that isn't supposed to hit until Wednesday evening?

I think the issue is if they wait until the weather is bad enough to evacuate then suddenly you have to evacuate everybody while the weather is getting steadily worse. Then you run the risk of people being stuck in their cars when the storm hits. Better to get them out sooner with some discomfort than get them out too late.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM by EricC85.)

Sending wife kids to Sarasota and my parents to palm coast where we have family in regular homes sheriff showed up today and said all mobile homes are under evacuation in Putnam so that’s pretty much the whole county.

(09-02-2019, 11:45 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Sending wife kids to Sarasota and my parents to palm coast where we have family in regular homes sheriff showed up today and said all mobile homes are under evacuation in Putnam so that’s pretty much the whole county.

no idea if the shops closing so I’m here until the end with the dog

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-02-2019, 11:32 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

I think the issue is if they wait until the weather is bad enough to evacuate then suddenly you have to evacuate everybody while the weather is getting steadily worse. Then you run the risk of people being stuck in their cars when the storm hits. Better to get them out sooner with some discomfort than get them out too late.

See also:

Katrina:  Lessons learned.

One more humble anon2112 hurricane preparedness suggestion:

Do your laundry now. All of it.

(09-02-2019, 10:24 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Omg , text received to evacuate Duval county,  we are doomed.

You're an [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Due to its slow crawl, the Bahamas are getting decimated. On the bright side, that means it should reach Jacksonville around July of next year.

(09-02-2019, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Due to its slow crawl, the Bahamas are getting decimated. On the bright side, that means it should reach Jacksonville around July of next year.

I feel horrible for laughing way too hard at this!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It’s taking so long we’re having a hard time figuring out if or when we close the shop. Can’t close to early since we’re the primary service center for FHP and FWC

(09-02-2019, 05:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Due to its slow crawl, the Bahamas are getting decimated. On the bright side, that means it should reach Jacksonville around July of next year.

I feel horrible for laughing way too hard at this!

Me too! Lol

(09-02-2019, 11:32 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

Exactly this. I've been in a small car on the road with tropical storm force winds howling around me. Not fun. Fortunately it was my choice to be out in it so I was able to just go the 3-4 miles back to my dad's house but it was still freakish. I just wanted to see what it was like to drive in those conditions and he lived out in the country. I was in a Geo Storm. 

Yes, I have done some dumb [BLEEP] in my life. Lol.

A Metro? OMG

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

80 miles off coast, pft it won't even be a bad thunderstorm in Clay/Putnam counties so why do I keep getting evacuation messages and warnings on my cell?