Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tunsil traded to Texans

Lololololol

Awesome for the Jags. 2 first rounders and a second for Tunsil? wth lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Luck retires, the Texans mortgage their entire future...if we can beat a mediocre at best tack team we're all set!

(08-31-2019, 09:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The kid is still improving. He's better than Robinson.

I wonder how long it will take him to learn the blocking schemes, etc.

They announced the trade this afternoon.  He has to get to Houston, get settled, get the playbook, and be prepared to block Cameron Jordan on Sunday, then Ngakoue, Campbell and Allen the next week, then Ingram and Bosa against the Chargers the week after.

He's certainly going to be asked to do a lot in a short period of time. I wouldn't even try to judge what I see from the kid until midseason. Getting trading this close to the start of the season and expecting to learn a new blocking scheme will take some time. I definitely see some hiccups along the way, but in the long run, I see him paying off, as expensive as the deal was.

I wonder if his agent will advice him to holdout without the new deal in place.

Probably won't happen but with the Texans not negotiating that before the trade happened Tunsil has all the leverage to demand a massive contract.

This is a much higher price than the compensation associated with the Non Exclusive Franchise Tag. Great long term trade for the Dolphins.

(08-31-2019, 06:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 06:28 PM)Upper Wrote: No GM really hosing themselves for the future with BoB feeling the heat to win now. That said, they are a pretty scary team.

They are?

They have Watson and DHop sure

They also have:

A still bad OL
An ok RB
An aging JJ Watt
A below average secondary

The only scary part of that team is Watson/Hopkins

Yeah that aging Watt only had 16 sacks last season lol.

(08-31-2019, 11:06 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Luck retires, the Texans mortgage their entire future...if we can beat a mediocre at best tack team we're all set!

The Texans' future is Watson, they made moves to protect their future, did we not just see what happened to Luck and Indy? They overpaid, but the offensive line should be a strength now. Watson was sacked 62 times last season, that can't be allowed to happen anymore.

(09-01-2019, 01:18 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 11:06 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Luck retires, the Texans mortgage their entire future...if we can beat a mediocre at best tack team we're all set!

The Texans' future is Watson, they made moves to protect their future, did we not just see what happened to Luck and Indy? They overpaid, but the offensive line should be a strength now. Watson was sacked 62 times last season, that can't be allowed to happen anymore.

Saying a strength is a stretch........

(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 01:18 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: The Texans' future is Watson, they made moves to protect their future, did we not just see what happened to Luck and Indy? They overpaid, but the offensive line should be a strength now. Watson was sacked 62 times last season, that can't be allowed to happen anymore.

Saying a strength is a stretch........

Their rookies played well in the preseason and they now have good depth.. There's PLENTY of talent along the line.. I just don't trust the line coach. Mike Devlin sucks. It's a poop or get off the pot year for him.. Him and Chin Butthole.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 04:10 PM by Psychop1.)

(09-01-2019, 02:34 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 02:29 PM)nate Wrote: Saying a strength is a stretch........

Their rookies played well in the preseason and they now have good depth.. There's PLENTY of talent along the line.. I just don't trust the line coach. Mike Devlin sucks. It's a poop or get off the pot year for him.. Him and Chin Butthole.

Yeah, they played so well that the Texans decided they don’t need to draft anymore.  Laughing

(08-31-2019, 05:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Josh Allen is really scaring the bejeezus out of our division mates.
Hoping Mariota and Watson retire too!...Actually no would rather have Mariota than Tannyhill...
(08-31-2019, 06:12 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Mortgaged the future fot now. Still a very bad O-line minus LT and no chance to really upgrade the next few years now. I like O’Brien as GM.
Me too, he's killing their future for this season. Hope it implodes.
(08-31-2019, 09:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The kid is still improving. He's better than Robinson.

I wonder how long it will take him to learn the blocking schemes, etc.

They announced the trade this afternoon.  He has to get to Houston, get settled, get the playbook, and be prepared to block Cameron Jordan on Sunday, then Ngakoue, Campbell and Allen the next week, then Ingram and Bosa against the Chargers the week after.
That's a tall ask. Yikes.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-01-2019, 01:09 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 06:35 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They are?

They have Watson and DHop sure

They also have:

A still bad OL
An ok RB
An aging JJ Watt
A below average secondary

The only scary part of that team is Watson/Hopkins

Yeah that aging Watt only had 16 sacks last season lol.

And? He's still aging and past his prime. Didn't say he was bad, but he's not who he once was

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-its-face/

Here's the overall view of the deals.
Spoke to my two sons who live there....
One ...a Jags fan is laughing his butt off....
The other a 'horns fan ......well...lets just say He ain't happy. LoL
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 01:09 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Yeah that aging Watt only had 16 sacks last season lol.

And? He's still aging and past his prime. Didn't say he was bad, but he's not who he once was

And he doesn’t have Clowney to take the heat off of him anymore. He’s still good, but it isn’t like Clowney was in the way and now old man Watt is going to pick up the slack.

The Texans got Mingo in the deal. He's not Clowney, but won't he cushion the blow of the loss?

(08-31-2019, 05:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Josh Allen is really scaring the bejeezus out of our division mates.

I think you're spot on with that.  I couldn't believe our good fortune to get the guy in the draft, and quite frankly, if the preseason glimpses we've seen are any indication, we've got a guy on the line teams are going to have to game plan for, which means the other guys on the line are going to get plenty of opportunities to benefit.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-01-2019, 05:55 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: The Texans got Mingo in the deal.  He's not Clowney, but won't he cushion the blow of the loss?

Mingo is horrible.  He's been on how many teams now?!?  Four?  He's marginal as a pass rusher and even worse against the run.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-01-2019, 06:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 05:55 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: The Texans got Mingo in the deal.  He's not Clowney, but won't he cushion the blow of the loss?

Mingo is horrible.  He's been on how many teams now?!?  Four?  He's marginal as a pass rusher and even worse against the run.

And from what I hear, he wasn't going to make the 53 in Seattle to begin with

Even Belichick and crew couldn't get much out of Mingo. He was likely a cut up there.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Laughing