Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurricane Dorian's path

(09-09-2019, 02:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 06:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Ok, point taken. Do you see nothing humorous about the whole situation? I don't know what cracks me up more, the POTUS's remarkably thin skin, or his minions' scramble to explain him.

Here's the President of the United States, and he's in a twitter war with Chrissy Tiegen.  

I think another country could do a sort of denial of service attack on the Presidency by having several people insult him.  They could tie him up for weeks, just tweet a few insults at him every day.  It would tie up his entire mental bandwidth.

He hasn't caused any wars, the economy is booming, unemployment is at historic lows. I think we will survive. Besides, nothing he said about Tiegen is false.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 11:50 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 08:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I do think it's humorous, and the usual whargarble response from the Left just makes it more so. Did they have to go out of their way to turn an offhand comment into a pissing match? Yes, because everything he says or does gets under their skin and they have zero capacity for self-reflection or humor, nothing but whargarble over and over again. And he just prods them on like puppets on a string, calling the tune and watching them dance.

pointing out that the president is thin skinned and incapable of self-reflection does not mean that you yourself are thin skinned and uncapable of self-reflection. 
I can only speak for myself, and I'm not on the left, but I will stop pointing out all the instances of petty behavior that I see from POTUS as soon as there is agreement from the right that this petty behavior exists and is a problem. If that comes across as me being petty, I'm sorry. And I understand that a serious reckoning of the man's obvious mental and psychological deficiencies will necessarily turn into a discussion of why he hasn't been removed from office yet and replaced with his seemingly capable vice president. That's the discussion I want to have.

This behavior exists and doesn't matter one iota. It's a great strategy to keep the left and the morons focusing on inconsequentials while the country continues its vertical climb. That you personally expressed what you did in this post shows that it is, in fact, working perfectly.

(09-09-2019, 05:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 02:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's the President of the United States, and he's in a twitter war with Chrissy Tiegen.  

I think another country could do a sort of denial of service attack on the Presidency by having several people insult him.  They could tie him up for weeks, just tweet a few insults at him every day.  It would tie up his entire mental bandwidth.

He hasn't caused any wars, the economy is booming, unemployment is at historic lows. I think we will survive. Besides, nothing he said about Tiegen is false.

"But we don't liiiiiikkkkeeee him!!!!!"

[Image: DiscreteCoarseDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-09-2019, 06:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 11:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: pointing out that the president is thin skinned and incapable of self-reflection does not mean that you yourself are thin skinned and uncapable of self-reflection. 
I can only speak for myself, and I'm not on the left, but I will stop pointing out all the instances of petty behavior that I see from POTUS as soon as there is agreement from the right that this petty behavior exists and is a problem. If that comes across as me being petty, I'm sorry. And I understand that a serious reckoning of the man's obvious mental and psychological deficiencies will necessarily turn into a discussion of why he hasn't been removed from office yet and replaced with his seemingly capable vice president. That's the discussion I want to have.

This behavior exists and doesn't matter one iota. It's a great strategy to keep the left and the morons focusing on inconsequentials while the country continues its vertical climb. That you personally expressed what you did in this post shows that it is, in fact, working perfectly.
One of these days the nonsense he spouts is going to get some first responders killed.  Some commander is going to take his words more literally than another and two parts of the military will move at cross purposes.  A spy's cover will be blown.  His recklessness today is worsening chaos in Afghanistan.
The most powerful man in the world must be more careful with what he says.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-09-2019, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 06:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This behavior exists and doesn't matter one iota. It's a great strategy to keep the left and the morons focusing on inconsequentials while the country continues its vertical climb. That you personally expressed what you did in this post shows that it is, in fact, working perfectly.
One of these days the nonsense he spouts is going to get some first responders killed.  Some commander is going to take his words more literally than another and two parts of the military will move at cross purposes.  A spy's cover will be blown.  His recklessness today is worsening chaos in Afghanistan.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't really mean you're right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2019, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: One of these days the nonsense he spouts is going to get some first responders killed.  Some commander is going to take his words more literally than another and two parts of the military will move at cross purposes.  A spy's cover will be blown.  His recklessness today is worsening chaos in Afghanistan.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't really mean you're right.

Right back atcha, turtle dove!

(09-10-2019, 01:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just because you have an opinion doesn't really mean you're right.

Right back atcha, turtle dove!

Well, well, well..maybe you can learn something. We'll see if it sticks.

(09-06-2019, 11:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ya'll....

He saw the briefing that said "All Bahamas" and thought it said "Alabama."

That is funny !!

(09-09-2019, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 06:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This behavior exists and doesn't matter one iota. It's a great strategy to keep the left and the morons focusing on inconsequentials while the country continues its vertical climb. That you personally expressed what you did in this post shows that it is, in fact, working perfectly.

Trump may say stupid stuff but the media does this on the regular, one of the worst cases being when they exposed SPEC OPS soldiers in Afghanistan with facial hair and riding horses and looking very native to the area. "The people need to know" was complete [BLEEP] and their stupidity completely screwed OPSEC, or operational security. Friggin jackholes.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 10:45 PM by mikesez.)

(09-10-2019, 08:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: One of these days the nonsense he spouts is going to get some first responders killed.  Some commander is going to take his words more literally than another and two parts of the military will move at cross purposes.  A spy's cover will be blown.  His recklessness today is worsening chaos in Afghanistan.

Trump may say stupid stuff but the media does this on the regular, one of the worst cases being when they exposed SPEC OPS soldiers in Afghanistan with facial hair and riding horses and looking very native to the area. "The people need to know" was complete [BLEEP] and their stupidity completely screwed OPSEC, or operational security. Friggin jackholes.

Sure.
They both stink.
People who leak secret info get prosecuted.
What do we do if the President is the leaker?
The answer should be obvious but our co-equal branches lack the cojones.

(09-10-2019, 09:52 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 08:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Trump may say stupid stuff but the media does this on the regular, one of the worst cases being when they exposed SPEC OPS soldiers in Afghanistan with facial hair and riding horses and looking very native to the area. "The people need to know" was complete [BLEEP] and their stupidity completely screwed OPSEC, or operational security. Friggin jackholes.

Sure.
They both stink.
The answer shouldn't be obvious but our co-equal branches lack the cojones.

Lol, you do know that he can do that as the Executive, yes? Nah, you probably don't, hence this post.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 10:52 PM by mikesez.)

(09-10-2019, 09:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 09:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure.
They both stink.
The answer shouldn't be obvious but our co-equal branches lack the cojones.

Lol, you do know that he can do that as the Executive, yes? Nah, you probably don't, hence this post.

Can and should are not the same.
Declassifying information should be done deliberately and quietly.
Not on a whim with an ill-considered tweet.
The president can't be prosecuted, so whether or not he's literally broken a law is not relevant.
Again, you have to go back to the middle English standard of "high crimes and misdemeanors".
It means breach of trust or faith.
It means abuse of power.
It means that your peers have lost their trust in you, or that you've been incompetent or cowardly in battle.

(09-10-2019, 10:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 09:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you do know that he can do that as the Executive, yes? Nah, you probably don't, hence this post.

Can and should are not the same.
The president can't be prosecuted, so whether or not he's literally broken a law is not relevant.
Again, you have to go back to the middle English standard of "high crimes and misdemeanors".
It means abuse of power.
It means that your peers have lost their trust in you, or that you've been incompetent or cowardly in battle.

You really do love your own opinions, fortunately they hold no legal importance.

(09-11-2019, 07:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 10:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Can and should are not the same.
It means abuse of power.

You really do love your own opinions, fortunately they hold no legal importance.

Right, the opinions that "hold legal importance" are those of our elected officials. Mine are only important in the sense that I vote or write pamphlets or protest. Are you an elected official in the federal government? Because if not, you're in the same boat as me. sharing your opinion on a message part even though it holds no legal importance.

(09-11-2019, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 07:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You really do love your own opinions, fortunately they hold no legal importance.

Right, the opinions that "hold legal importance" are those of our elected officials. Mine are only important in the sense that I vote or write pamphlets or protest. Are you an elected official in the federal government? Because if not, you're in the same boat as me. sharing your opinion on a message part even though it holds no legal importance.

Did I put on airs?

(09-11-2019, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: Right, the opinions that "hold legal importance" are those of our elected officials. Mine are only important in the sense that I vote or write pamphlets or protest. Are you an elected official in the federal government? Because if not, you're in the same boat as me. sharing your opinion on a message part even though it holds no legal importance.

Did I put on airs?

No, but neither did I.

(09-11-2019, 03:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 12:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did I put on airs?

No, but neither did I.

Interesting how people's self-perceptions so conflict with reality. Almost Trumpian you are.

(09-11-2019, 06:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 03:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: No, but neither did I.

Interesting how people's self-perceptions so conflict with reality. Almost Trumpian you are.

My self-perception conflicts with your perception of me.

I find it odd that you think you can deduce my mental state and call those deductions reality based on nothing more than text.

I could be an AI bot for all you know.

You’re both crazy.

(09-11-2019, 08:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re both crazy.

Yes.

(09-11-2019, 07:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 06:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Interesting how people's self-perceptions so conflict with reality. Almost Trumpian you are.

My self-perception conflicts with your perception of me.

I find it odd that you think you can deduce my mental state and call those deductions reality based on nothing more than text.

I could be an AI bot for all you know.

Yes, as I said, your self perception conflicts with reality. And you're no bot, they are much harder to identify than the stuff you post.

(09-11-2019, 08:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re both crazy.

That's odd; voices 3, 6, and 33 agree with you. Those guys are usually on the "we're still sane" side of the aisle.