Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AB being AB

I'd take the chance. Hes still the best WR. Put a clause in the contract that he can be cut at any time if AB acts up and will void his guarantees

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 09:00 AM by RicoTx.)

LOL...of course you would.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 11:17 AM by Cleatwood.)

(02-18-2020, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take the chance.  Hes still the best WR.  Put a clause in the contract that he can be cut at any time if AB acts up and will void his guarantees
Hahahaha Shocker Special.

AB hasn't played in a year, won't have Ben (which he would have struggled last year regardless) and yet he's still the best? He's not better than Michael Thomas, Julio, Adams, Mike Evans, Hopkins.... I would take all those dudes over AB next season and probably more.

(02-18-2020, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes still the best WR. 

Nah...
Nuke, Thomas, and Evans are better.

(02-18-2020, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take the chance.  Hes still the best WR.  Put a clause in the contract that he can be cut at any time if AB acts up and will void his guarantees

LOL

We'd have Tim Tebow, VHIII, and Antonio Loco on this roster right now worthlessly chewing up cap if you were GM. 

Wow

(02-19-2020, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

LOL

We'd have Tim Tebow, VHIII, and Antonio Loco on this roster right now worthlessly chewing up cap if you were GM. 

Wow

Well to be fair I was a VHIII fan coming out too (even wanted to take a chance when he was released.)

None of us are professional GMs. We're all MB GMs.... and none of us are batting 1.000

(02-20-2020, 01:07 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Wow

Well to be fair I was a VHIII fan coming out too (even wanted to take a chance when he was released.)

None of us are professional GMs. We're all MB GMs.... and none of us are batting 1.000
Speak for yourself.

(02-20-2020, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:07 PM)Kane Wrote: Well to be fair I was a VHIII fan coming out too (even wanted to take a chance when he was released.)

Speak for yourself.

pssssh c'mon man lol

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 01:49 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-20-2020, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:07 PM)Kane Wrote: Well to be fair I was a VHIII fan coming out too (even wanted to take a chance when he was released.)

Speak for yourself.

I am at least .366 career average wise around here when it comes to the 1st round. Ty Cobb would be proud. I think I have been posting on here since I was 15 years old. So a solid 16 years. We've all had our fair share of debates over the years. Especially around draft time. 

I don't think I was on here in 2003. Didn't speak on the Leftwich draft. But we obviously missed out there. But this is exactly what I wanted in each draft's first round since 2004 or if I missed it I missed it.

2004 - Kenechi Udeze - DE - Career cut short due to disease.
2005 - Heath Miller - TE - Excellent player for the Steelers.
2006 - DeAngelo Williams - RB - Carolina drafted him before we could. Lewis was a nice pick - up. MJD was fine at RB in RD2. 
2007 - No comment - Can't remember if I had the ban hammer for awhile this year. LOL. 
2008 - No comment - Can't remember again. 
2009 - Was high on Alex Mack or Michael Crabtree that year. Was okay with Eugene Monroe. 
2010 - Liked C.J Spiller, Brandon Graham & JPP that year. Alualu was overdrafted by a country mile. 
2011 - Was sold on Ryan Kerrigan that year. He's no J.J Watt. But he sure as hell plays better than Blaine "Sunshine" Gabbert did at QB. 
2012 - I was high on Luke Kuechly and Fletcher Cox that year. Womp. Womp. Womp. We got the DUI fueled Blackmon instead. Waste of talent. 
2013 - Wanted Ziggy Ansah at DE that year. Didn't like Jokel at LT. 
2014 - I liked Mike Evans or Jake Matthews that year. Didn't know who Bortles was honestly. 
2015 - Wanted Amari Cooper or Leonard Williams. They took the tweener instead and shipped him off to L.A. 
2016 - Ramsey was and still is the best pick there. Even though he's in L.A now. 
2017 - Wanted CMC or Watson over Fournette. Either option would have been better. 
2018 - Wanted Michel, Chubb or Lamar Jackson. Didn't know who Bryan was honestly. 
2019 - Liked Josh Jacobs which I knew was unrealistic then. Was convinced we would land either Ed Oliver or T.J Hockenson or select a QB maybe. Happy Josh Allen fell.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-20-2020, 01:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Speak for yourself.

I am at least .366 career average wise around here when it comes to the 1st round. Ty Cobb would be proud. I think I have been posting on here since I was 15 years old. So a solid 16 years. We've all had our fair share of debates over the years. Especially around draft time. 

I don't think I was on here in 2003. Didn't speak on the Leftwich draft. But we obviously missed out there. But this is exactly what I wanted in each draft's first round since 2004 or if I missed it I missed it.

2006 - DeAngelo Williams - RB - Carolina drafted him before we could. Lewis was a nice pick - up. MJD was fine at RB in RD2. 
2007 - No comment - Can't remember if I had the ban hammer for awhile this year. LOL. 
2009 - Was high on Alex Mack or Michael Crabtree that year. Was okay with Eugene Monroe. 
2010 - Liked C.J Spiller, Brandon Graham & JPP that year. Alualu was overdrafted by a country mile. 
2011 - Was sold on Ryan Kerrigan that year. He's no J.J Watt. But he sure as hell plays better than Blaine "Sunshine" Gabbert did at QB. 
2012 - I was high on Luke Kuechly and Fletcher Cox that year. Womp. Womp. Womp. We got the DUI fueled Blackmon instead. Waste of talent. 
2014 - I liked Mike Evans or Jake Matthews that year. Didn't know who Bortles was honestly. 
2015 - Wanted Amari Cooper or Leonard Williams. They took the tweener instead and shipped him off to L.A. 
2016 - Ramsey was and still is the best pick there. Even though he's in L.A now. 
2017 - Wanted CMC or Watson over Fournette. Either option would have been better. 
2018 - Wanted Michel, Chubb or Lamar Jackson. Didn't know who Bryan was honestly. 
2019 - Liked Josh Jacobs which I knew was unrealistic then. Was convinced we would land either Ed Oliver or T.J Hockenson or select a QB maybe. Happy Josh Allen fell.

I honestly didn't follow the draft that closely until 2008 (when we traded away everything for 2 failed pass rushers). I really would have to do some digging to find all the picks I liked or wanted but I remember thinking in 2011 sitting at 16 iirc and getting Kerrigan would have been nice...Instead we traded up and missed on Gabbert. Definitely remember liking Cooper in '15 but also defended the Fowler pick.
In 2016 I called getting Jack in the 2nd after his injury (whether that was a good thing or not remains to be seen lol) Also remember saying Yan would be a nice pick in the 3rd round.... which has worked out well so far.
As far as first rounders go... I think I was on the Khalil Mack train the Bortles year.
I definitely wanted CmC in 17
Some of my big misses of recent years was Watson is a dud. Mason Rudolph is gonna be a stud. And any defense I ever had of any Gene pick lol

I think anyone who isn't actually in the football biz that can guess a good career on a football player anywhere near 25% is doing pretty good. Most professional GMs are probably closer to 50% than they are to 100... With many bombing in their careers.
That's because it's a bit of a crapshoot. Injuries, legal troubles, scheme, coaching, draft position etc all goes into whether that player turns out to be a success or not.

(02-20-2020, 04:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 01:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am at least .366 career average wise around here when it comes to the 1st round. Ty Cobb would be proud. I think I have been posting on here since I was 15 years old. So a solid 16 years. We've all had our fair share of debates over the years. Especially around draft time. 

I honestly didn't follow the draft that closely until 2008 (when we traded away everything for 2 failed pass rushers). I really would have to do some digging to find all the picks I liked or wanted but I remember thinking in 2011 sitting at 16 iirc and getting Kerrigan would have been nice...Instead we traded up and missed on Gabbert. Definitely remember liking Cooper in '15 but also defended the Fowler pick.
In 2016 I called getting Jack in the 2nd after his injury (whether that was a good thing or not remains to be seen lol) Also remember saying Yan would be a nice pick in the 3rd round.... which has worked out well so far.
As far as first rounders go... I think I was on the Khalil Mack train the Bortles year.
I definitely wanted CmC in 17
Some of my big misses of recent years was Watson is a dud. Mason Rudolph is gonna be a stud. And any defense I ever had of any Gene pick lol

I think anyone who isn't actually in the football biz that can guess a good career on a football player anywhere near 25% is doing pretty good. Most professional GMs are probably closer to 50% than they are to 100... With many bombing in their careers.
That's because it's a bit of a crapshoot. Injuries, legal troubles, scheme, coaching, draft position etc all goes into whether that player turns out to be a success or not.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8251967]

It's anyone's guess at the end of the day. A lot of my opinions are honestly a combination of what the heavy hitters in the media say and then I'll dig into things on my own. YouTube makes things a lot easier with a lot of mom and pop type channels having dedicated highlight film and then you have some decent sources of information outside of just the NFL and ESPN every year to get more breakdowns. 

I usually look to Scott Wright's NFLDraftCountDown website. Been a fan of that since I was a kid actually. And then there's this new spot I like called Drafttek.com and they have some really, really good breakdowns beyond just the basic positional stuff. They'll grade players at a role player level or specific type of position like the Slot for receivers, Scat Back for runners, 1Tech Vs. 3Tech for tackles, etc. 

Once the combine and free agency runs it's course it's really easy to narrow it down for most teams in the first round. Every now and then a team will reach or make a head scratching move that shakes up the draft board. Kind of like us landing Josh Allen last year when the Raiders got cute and reached for Ferrell. 

For me it does come down to that though. Highlight reels, the college football reference website to break down the key things that I look for like consistency on the stat sheet, games played, situational play between 1st and 2nd half results (Good indicator to gauge whether a player has a true nonstop motor). Look at pass rushers with big numbers in 2nd half blow outs. Did they pack it in or did they keep getting after the passer? 

I always look for these types of details. I only watch the big college games here and there when it's on the major networks as well. But there's some gems out there on YouTube. Harrison Bryant at TE is one of those gems this year. Definitely worth watching on YouTube.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Anyone see AB get hit in the head by the weight machine? I know that didnt help his CTE

(02-20-2020, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone see AB get hit in the head by the weight machine? I know that didnt help his CTE

I heard it was The Burfict Home Gym..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-21-2020, 03:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone see AB get hit in the head by the weight machine?  I know that didnt help his CTE

Gold.

(02-21-2020, 03:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 10:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone see AB get hit in the head by the weight machine?  I know that didnt help his CTE

Dude I cried laughing on this one.