Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
P&R vs The Office

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 02:33 PM by Cleatwood.)

My friends and I argue quite often about which one is better.

I think The Office is better because at it's peak, it was untouchable. Yes, when Michael left, it lost a thing or two but it still had great moments.

My friend claims that Park and Rec had zero bad seasons and it's secondary characters were better.

I would love to get other opinions on this as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’ve seen both, and I prefer The Office, but, in my opinion, the original The Office was better than the American remake.

Huge Office fan here. I've tried watching tons of Parks and Rec episodes and I just don't find it funny.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 07:01 AM by PF*.)

IMO, The Office was light years better and I disagree with your friend on both his/her points-
- the last season of P/R was awful, I never even finished it
- its secondary characters weren't better than the Office ones.

Some other thoughts on P/R:
- Amy Poehler isn't even funny, probably as bad as Rob Schneider
- Nick Offerman's character was interesting but ultimately irritating
- I could watch Rashida Jones in anything. I never knew she was Peggy Lipton's (Mod Squad) daughter
- Chris Pratt carried that show, He was excellent.
- Aubrey Plaza's character (April) was borderline pathetic
- Tom was good (real name Anizzi Asarni or something)
- Adam Scott is smarmy. The whole marriage thing to Amy Poehler was ugh
- Rob Lowe was good, Rob Lowe is always good

Office thoughts:
- The Robert California (James Spader) year (2 years?) was terrible
- agree...it did lose a lot when Steve Carell left
- Loved Dwight and Mose and the whole beet farm thing
- I think I liked every character except...hmmm, I think I liked every character

There were more memorable scenes from Office than from P/R. I can rattle off several Office ones but virtually none from P/R.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I don't drink PBR at the office. If I'm gonna get fired it will be for good beer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-05-2019, 07:24 PM)PF* Wrote: IMO, The Office was light years better and I disagree with your friend on both his/her points-

- I could watch Rashida Jones in anything. I never knew she was Peggy Lipton's (Mod Squad) daughter

Office thoughts:
  - The Robert California  (James Spader) year (2 years?) was terrible
  - I think I liked every character except...hmmm, I think I liked every character

There were more memorable scenes from Office than from P/R. I can rattle off several Office ones but virtually none from P/R.
These were some of the thoughts I was making as well. However, I love Ron Swanson, Jon Ralphio and Tom. I think the secondary characters on The Office trump just every single show. Creed, Kevin, Andy (in the early years), Oscar and Toby are so hilarious and their one liners are quoted so often. 

I do find Parks and Rec funny but I don't think it's on the same level as the office.

(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 07:24 PM)PF* Wrote: IMO, The Office was light years better and I disagree with your friend on both his/her points-

Office thoughts:
  - The Robert California  (James Spader) year (2 years?) was terrible

These were some of the thoughts I was making as well. However, I love Ron Swanson, Jon Ralphio and Tom. I think the secondary characters on The Office trump just every single show. Creed, Kevin, Andy (in the early years), Oscar and Toby are so hilarious and their one liners are quoted so often. 

I do find Parks and Rec funny but I don't think it's on the same level as the office.

The Office isn't funny. At all.

Steve Carrell is an awful one-note actor. I've never laughed once at that show and people keep trying to get me to watch it as if it's some comedy genius.

It's definitely made for mass appeal to morons.

(09-06-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: These were some of the thoughts I was making as well. However, I love Ron Swanson, Jon Ralphio and Tom. I think the secondary characters on The Office trump just every single show. Creed, Kevin, Andy (in the early years), Oscar and Toby are so hilarious and their one liners are quoted so often. 

Steve Carrell is an awful one-note actor. I've never laughed once at that show and people keep trying to get me to watch it as if it's some comedy genius.

You are the most miserable person on the planet. You have to be a troll.

PnR can't hold Dwight's jock. Much less the rest of the office.

Pf* pretty much nailed my sentiments except I love Ron Swanson.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I watched both and really enjoyed both, but I wouldn't consider either among my very favorite shows. With that said, I gotta give the nod to The Office, simply because of Dwight Schrute. That character is iconic. My favorite characters on PnR were Ron, April and Andy, but none compared to Dwight Schrute.

(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: These were some of the thoughts I was making as well. However, I love Ron Swanson, Jon Ralphio and Tom. I think the secondary characters on The Office trump just every single show. Creed, Kevin, Andy (in the early years), Oscar and Toby are so hilarious and their one liners are quoted so often. 

Just for giggles, what's a funny TV show to you?

I don't know how you can watch the scene where Kevin comes in and spills his chili and then not laugh. It's impossible.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-06-2019, 12:30 PM)Brett Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The Office isn't funny. At all.

It's simple to me - the Office felt like a natural funny (right up until Michael left - but I did like Robert California's character), and P&R felt like it tried too hard. Love & hate characters from both shows, but the wife & I only reboot one show of the two (take a guess).
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Just as hot as Jan. But in a different way.

(09-16-2019, 11:34 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Just as hot as Jan. But in a different way.
[Image: 2019-01-21_melora-hardin-on-the-office.jpg]