Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Still missing A-Rob

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

Rather have A-Rob than:

Lee (mediocre at best)
Hayden (a lot of money for someone who is not even that good and has been injured most of the time)
Norwell (mediocre)
Jack (has the potential but he is been nothing special)
Linder (always injured)

A Rob would be great with Foles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yep, should have used the tag in 2018, and maybe even 2019 if he wasn't cooperating. Can't let great players just walk with no compensation for the team. The big money for Lee was the insulting part, he's the guy they should have let walk.

(09-06-2019, 09:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yep, should have used the tag in 2018, and maybe even 2019 if he wasn't cooperating. Can't let great players just walk with no compensation for the team. The big money for Lee was the insulting part, he's the guy they should have let walk.

He was never going to re-sign, no matter how much money we threw at him. He did not want to be here.

Would rather have any on your list over Arob. Why? because they all want to play in Jax. Arob did not.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 09:52 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-06-2019, 09:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:47 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yep, should have used the tag in 2018, and maybe even 2019 if he wasn't cooperating. Can't let great players just walk with no compensation for the team. The big money for Lee was the insulting part, he's the guy they should have let walk.

He was never going to re-sign, no matter how much money we threw at him. He did not want to be here.

Where is the proof?

He didn't want to be here because we didn't want to pay him, instead we paid Bortles, Hayden, Lee, Moncrief, Norwell lol

I've seen this a lot, then the Jaguars could have traded him. He got paid so clearly there was interest around the league.

Like I said, not getting something for his rights was dumb, signing Lee for what he got was insulting.

(09-06-2019, 09:51 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was never going to re-sign, no matter how much money we threw at him. He did not want to be here.

Where is the proof?

He didn't want to be here because we didn't want to pay him, instead we paid Bortles, Hayden, Lee, Moncrief, Norwell lol

Well it's hard to get hard proof however it was often reported that he accepted less money to go to Chicago.

He didn't want to play with Bortles is my guess. Probably was a little vocal about it "Keep that s*** in bounds!"

Honestly... his talent is there... but I would have hated for this franchise to do the Jadaveon Clowney dance with the franchise tag and trade nonsense.

But yes, in a vacuum paying Lee and not Arob was dumb.
Pretty sure MOST fans wanted to keep Arob.

It didn't happen though... so time to Elsa that ish.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM by Upper.)

[quote="Kane" pid='1229122' dateline='1567778617']
Well it's hard to get hard proof however it was often reported that he accepted less money to go to Chicago.
/quote]

No one's definitely proved that either, and the math just doesn't make sense. He got what was almost exactly the franchise tag money AAV to sign in Chicago. If we were willing to pay more than that I see no reason why we wouldn't have simply tagged him.

I think the evidence most closely hints that we probably offered him something very similar to what we wound up giving Marqise Lee, and Arob rightfully passed.

And I do agree that he probably didn't want to be here, but again with the franchise tag he wouldn't have had a choice but to play nice for at least last year.

(09-06-2019, 10:11 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:03 AM)Kane Wrote: Well it's hard to get hard proof however it was often reported that he accepted less money to go to Chicago.
/quote]

No one's definitely proved that either, and the math just doesn't make sense. He got what was almost exactly the franchise tag money AAV to sign in Chicago. If we were willing to pay more than that I see no reason why we wouldn't have simply tagged him.

I think the evidence most closely hints that we probably offered him something very similar to what we wound up giving Marqise Lee, and Arob rightfully passed.

And I do agree that he probably didn't want to be here, but again with the franchise tag he wouldn't have had a choice but to play nice for at least last year.
Yeah, we could have tagged him. And disgruntled even more an already disgruntled diva WR.
-shrug- 
Maybe they just thought he was just 'OK' not elite, coming off ACL, and made a tough decision that seemingly was the wrong one.
I mean... we can go on and on about woulda beens and coulda beens.
Digging up stuff like this is really just picking scabs though.

A-Rob got himself a worse version of Blake Bortles who can't throw to the right side of the field. I am guessing A-Rob misses the Jags more at this point of the game.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 10:27 AM by RicoTx.)

Pretty damn easy to look at it in hindsight.   A receiver that just missed an entire year with an ACL.  Gave half effort at times.  Stated, himself, that it was time to move on.  Just went to the AFC Championship Game without him and damn well should have gone to the Super Bowl if not for some overly conservative playing calling on both sides of the ball.   But yeah, let's franchise him.

And how do we know they would have gone for Foles if we still had Robinson?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-06-2019, 10:24 AM)Rico Wrote: And how do we know they would have gone for Foles if we still had Robinson?

Compounding errors, yay.

Exactly.  He wanted out of Jacksonville, so this opining about him leaving a couple of years later is pointless.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-06-2019, 10:51 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:24 AM)Rico Wrote: And how do we know they would have gone for Foles if we still had Robinson?

Compounding errors, yay.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

(09-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Compounding errors, yay.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.
It means we should have paid ARob but instead let him walk.

Then you compound that error with paying Foles when you should have done a better job of drafting the QB position.

(09-06-2019, 12:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.
It means we should have paid ARob but instead let him walk.

Then you compound that error with paying Foles when you should have done a better job of drafting the QB position.

I was merely commenting on the OP.  I have never been a proponent of signing Foles.  

I disagree that we should have re-signed Robinson for all of the reasons that I mentioned.

He wanted out but if they would have rolled out the red carpet for him then he would have stayed.

They handled it wrong. Now we got Foles with scrubs.

I wish I had a crystal ball.