Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson injures knee

Doubtful
not
Out

Sandbag Marrone?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 06:36 PM by ShivanWurm.)

Any word on the MRI or if it’s been made public?

(09-06-2019, 06:00 PM)jagshype Wrote: Doubtful
not
Out

Sandbag Marrone?

Hmmm......opening day drama?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 06:58 PM by jaguarmvp.)

LT has just become a #1 priority for this team. We have a mediocre LT with 2 hurt legs.

I don't get all the panic about Robinson being hurt. He was never good in the first place. He is just the best we had.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-06-2019, 06:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LT has just become a #1 priority for this team. We have a mediocre LT with 2 hurt legs.

after this year, part ways with Norwell and spend that cap space on a LT. have Richardson and Cann play the Guard spots with Linder at C, Jawaan at RT. Problem solved.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-06-2019, 06:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LT has just become a #1 priority for this team. We have a mediocre LT with 2 hurt legs.

I don't get all the panic about Robinson being hurt.  He was never good in the first place.  He is just the best we had.

So the fact that we were 3-1 when he got hurt last means nothing?  OK
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I mean, an 85% Cam would get destroyed by Frank Clark anyway. Now it just means you have to alter your game plan and send extra help there where possible.

(09-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote:

I don't get all the panic about Robinson being hurt.  He was never good in the first place.  He is just the best we had.

So the fact that we were 3-1 when he got hurt last means nothing?  OK

Right, Cam Robinson helped carry this team to a 3-1 record?  Get real Rico
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-06-2019, 08:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote: So the fact that we were 3-1 when he got hurt last means nothing?  OK

When he went down the line fell apart and Bortles could not stay upright, but you believe what you want.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

There is no doubt losing cam hurt. I think an o line could probably be okay if only one of them is gone and the starter wasn't a top player anyway. Essentially if cam is done for the season the Jags are starting off already having used their lifeline. I didn't expect a winning season before, if cam is done I expect this year could lead to house cleaning after a bad losing record, because it's just not realistic to expect no more offensive line injuries.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 08:34 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-06-2019, 08:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Rico Wrote: So the fact that we were 3-1 when he got hurt last means nothing?  OK

Perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem, which doesn't surprise me seeing the quality of your posts.

Per chance you could point out where I said that he carried them.

I was merely pointing out the ignorance in your post that said he was never any good anyway.

See the difference?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Cam Robinson's right knee just gave out without contact? The knee opposite the ACL one. Geez... That don't sound good at all. Guess we got to wait for word, but it's pretty clear this guy is going to have trouble staying healthy this season.

I'd offer a 2nd round pick for Trent Williams for sure, no doubt about it.

(09-06-2019, 08:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 08:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Right, Cam Robinson helped carry this team to a 3-1 record?  Get real Rico

When he went down the line fell apart and Bortles could not stay upright, but you believe what you want.

Nah the other posters were right, the oline didn't fall apart when Cam went down it fell apart when Wells did. It might have actually gotten slightly upgraded when Wells was playing.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 09:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If the Redskins offered Williams for Yan would you do it?

(09-06-2019, 09:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 08:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: When he went down the line fell apart and Bortles could not stay upright, but you believe what you want.

Nah the other posters were right, the oline didn't fall apart when Cam went down it fell apart when Wells did. It might have actually gotten slightly upgraded when Wells was playing.

God no, he was a decent and maybe even better pass protector than Cam but nonwhere close to the run blocker

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 09:19 PM by JagJohn.)

The people that are saying that Cam is an average LT are right. The people that think it doesn't matter to lose him are completely wrong. Most teams are happy to have OL that are at least average... Because the backups are usually significantly below average and severely jeopardize the offensive gameplan ... That's just the way it is in the NFL.

To summarize: Can Robinson = average player
Losing Can Robinson = massive

Damn, we just can't catch a break

(09-06-2019, 09:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If the Redskins offered Williams for Yan would you do it?

(09-06-2019, 09:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Nah the other posters were right, the oline didn't fall apart when Cam went down it fell apart when Wells did. It might have actually gotten slightly upgraded when Wells was playing.

God no, he was a decent and maybe even better pass protector than Cam but nonwhere close to the run blocker

I got to really consider it. Trent Williams when healthy is a top 3 LT. Just turned 31, still has plenty of game left. Problem is he has missed 9 games the past 2 years, 13 the past 3. So I'd have to know he is fully healthy and in shape. I'd also have to consider the shockwave it would have on the team if they traded Ngakoue. I'd offer picks first, but it might take a lot. Tunsil just went for 2 firsts and a second. 

It was also reported the Skins turned down a Clowney for Williams trade, so not sure if they'd take Ngakoue who is around the same level.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 09:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

That is the key. As average as he is, the dropoff we have under him is HUGE. Finding a good swing tackle who has experience at LT SHOULD be a priority this next offseason. It should've been a priority last offseason though and instead, they opted to basically do nothing by bringing in Wester and Ogbuehi off the scrap heap, because nobody wanted them.

(09-06-2019, 06:58 PM)Firesky Wrote:

after this year, part ways with Norwell and spend that cap space on a LT.  have Richardson and Cann play the Guard spots with Linder at C, Jawaan at RT. Problem solved.

Or....... move Robinson inside to LG, so we actually have some versatility on the O-Line. It would be nice to have some interchangeable pieces who have experience at OT and OG. Keep who ever loses the starting RG job, for depth.

Yan trade, ridiculous.

(09-06-2019, 05:28 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Phillip Heilman, beat writer for The Athletic might be overreacting. He's suggesting we trade Ngokue for Trent Williams. Can we get Williams with a second round pick?

If there is any chance at all, that we can re-sign Ngakoue, I don't trade him, even for Williams. The only way I even consider such a trade, is if there is no hope what so ever of re-signing Yannick. I still believe he will be a Jaguar for years to come. I wanna keep him. Trent Williams would be great, but not if it means sacrificing Ngakoue. I'm just praying Robinson's injury isn't serious.