Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson injures knee

More like trade Calais for Trent. Much closer in age and similar contract situations.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I understand people thinking its crazy to trade Ngakoue, but some of you are really underestimating and undervaluing just how good Williams is. Reality is we have literally no other trade pieces, I guess that's why Ngakoue's name is being floated around. I don't see Dave ponying up two firsts and a second, he doesn't really trade our picks like that or at least hasn't shown to.

Having Will RIchardson out there at LT is scary as hell. It's week 1 and if Foles goes down, well... we'll be lucky to win 2 games.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 10:17 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-06-2019, 09:20 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Damn, we just can't catch a break
Well, us fans certainly can't catch a break. But this offensive lineman group seems to catch breaks all the time.

Linder at Center is the next concern now. If Richardson can hold it down they may not need to change the gameplan though.

Would give him a series or two on his own to test his dependability. [I know, it's risky, I bet a lot of you probably [BLEEP] your parents when you read that].

But, we'll see soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(09-06-2019, 10:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I understand people thinking its crazy to trade Ngakoue, but some of you are really underestimating and undervaluing just how good Williams is. Reality is we have literally no other trade pieces, I guess that's why Ngakoue's name is being floated around. I don't see Dave ponying up two firsts and a second, he doesn't really trade our picks like that or at least hasn't shown to.

Having Will RIchardson out there at LT is scary as hell. It's week 1 and if Foles goes down, well... we'll be lucky to win 2 games.
I dont think you trade Ngakoue at 24 who was top 5 in pressures last year for a 31 year old Left Tackle.

Doesn't look good on paper.

That's a literal knee jerk reaction for a knee injury.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-06-2019, 10:00 PM)Upper Wrote: More like trade Calais for Trent. Much closer in age and similar contract situations.

I really don't wanna trade Calais either. Having Yan, Calais and Allen allows us to do so many different things on defense. We can switch in and out of 4-3 and 3-4 schemes and really keep opposing offenses on their toes. What makes me mad, is that we had several chances over the past couple of years to add depth to the O-Line and we passed it up, opting to use UDFA's as depth and it hasn't worked out. I'm all for making a trade to get OT depth, but not at the expense of losing one of our best defensive players. Trent is a great player, but his price tag is just too high. I'd look for a cheaper alternative. Someone that we may be able to acquire for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I don't know if they would go for it, but the Eagles spent a 1st round pick on LT Dillard, maybe they might be willing to part with veteran Jason Peters for a mid round pick. That's where I would look to first.

(09-06-2019, 10:04 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I understand people thinking its crazy to trade Ngakoue, but some of you are really underestimating and undervaluing just how good Williams is. Reality is we have literally no other trade pieces, I guess that's why Ngakoue's name is being floated around. I don't see Dave ponying up two firsts and a second, he doesn't really trade our picks like that or at least hasn't shown to.

I agree. Richardson is a much better OG, than he is an OT, but the front office put us in this mess. IMO, good, young pass rushers are just too hard to come by. Instead of going after Williams, who will likely costs us someone like Yan or Calais, why not go after a cheaper alternative? There are other LT's out there who may not be as good, but they would be good enough to get us through a season or two and we can address the LT situation in the offseason. Robinson is a middle of the road type of LT. If we could find another middle of the road type of guy, I'd be more than satisfied. We don't need to go after a star.

Yep, we’re done this year. 4-12.

(09-07-2019, 12:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I agree. Richardson is a much better OG, than he is an OT, but the front office put us in this mess. IMO, good, young pass rushers are just too hard to come by. Instead of going after Williams, who will likely costs us someone like Yan or Calais, why not go after a cheaper alternative? There are other LT's out there who may not be as good, but they would be good enough to get us through a season or two and we can address the LT situation in the offseason. Robinson is a middle of the road type of LT. If we could find another middle of the road type of guy, I'd be more than satisfied. We don't need to go after a star.

That’s very true and I agree. I personally wasn’t suggesting we should trade Yan for Williams, the idea was brought up earlier. I don’t see any other valuable asset they’d consider that the Jags have. 
Ramsey is off the table completely clearly. No doubt. I totally agree we should go after a middle of the road guy. 

Hell, that should of been done in FA if we are being honest.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 04:37 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I thought we'd at least make it to the first game before the OL started dropping like flies... sheesh.

Trade Ngakoue and a mid round pick for Williams if at all possible. This offensive line is a mess.
No pain, no gain.

I think they are going to be forced to make a move for a LT if cam is out for an extended period

I think Richardson will fail to live up to the revisionist history of how Robinson has played, but will be just as good as the actual play Robinson has given us. It will be hard to be that much worse than Cam's league leading pressure and near league leading penalty total.

I am fine with a move being made. So long that it does not involve moving any key pieces away from our defense.

I really think we're overeacting. We dont know exactly the extent of his injury. We still have Taylor who could potentially move to LT with Richardson at RT and Cann back at RG as well.

Too early to worry right now. Just hope the other four starters hold up. Ill start [BLEEP] bricks when it's Linder and/or Taylor out too.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

And I know it's early. But if we're talking LT's for next year? Take my boy Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. He's a thumper!

(09-07-2019, 10:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And I know it's early. But if we're talking LT's for next year? Take my boy Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. He's a thumper!

We'd have to pick top 5 to get him.

(09-07-2019, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 10:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And I know it's early. But if we're talking LT's for next year? Take my boy Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. He's a thumper!

We'd have to pick top 5 to get him.
Trade up?

We'll see. If the "sky is falling" folks around here are right we'll probably have a top three pick.

Relax! Taylors healthy and can hold up on the right. You run the ball more and help richardson on pass plays. U can survive one injury to a tackle. You get another one....

(09-07-2019, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'd have to pick top 5 to get him.
Trade up?

We'll see. If the "sky is falling" folks around here are right we'll probably have a top three pick.

If we're gonna pick that high, in a good QB class, you gotta go QB. Again Thomas is the "cream of the crop" when it comes to LT's. We don't need the next Tony Boselli, we just need a guy who can keep our QB safe and open some running lanes. There will be other LT's we can draft later that would give us a lot of insurance. I like both OT's for Iowa and Trey Adams of Washington. Others should emerge as the season plays out as well.

(09-07-2019, 11:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Trade up?

If we're gonna pick that high, in a good QB class, you gotta go QB. Again Thomas is the "cream of the crop" when it comes to LT's. We don't need the next Tony Boselli, we just need a guy who can keep our QB safe and open some running lanes. There will be other LT's we can draft later that would give us a lot of insurance. I like both OT's for Iowa and Trey Adams of Washington. Others should emerge as the season plays out as well.
True. Here's to hoping for the best I guess.

It would be nice to get some of those Bulldog OL men ....they handle other D's
and maybe the QB too ...bet Fromm comes out after this year
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-07-2019, 10:42 AM)Upper Wrote: I think Richardson will fail to live up to the revisionist history of how Robinson has played, but will be just as good as the actual play Robinson has given us. It will be hard to be that much worse than Cam's league leading pressure and near league leading penalty total.

'Revision history'.  I'd love to say what I think of your know-it-all attitude, but I'd get a warning and you aren't worth it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The fact is, he was the STARTER so he's clearly the best LT we have.

He's hurt, we're playing a guy who hasn't played there. AS FAR AS US FANS KNOW.

We'll find out tomorrow @ 1pm. Everyone calm your [BLEEP].
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]