Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It’s Caldwell always has been

(09-10-2019, 03:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 02:36 AM)JackCity Wrote: For sure but you know how these situations go..it's like when a new HC keeps one of the coordinators, then he can scapegoat him in a year or two and get "his" guy. 

I think Coughlin was more than happy with Doug as HC (past relationship was strong and I'd imagine he was part of the hiring process) but I think he can sell Khan on there needing to be a total culture change, especially if this teams looks so undisclpined. I think he'll get to pick his own underling GM and will pick a strict HC he knows and try turn things around

There's not going to be a single worthy GM prospect that's willing to come here if they have to default to Coughlin every time... So you're basically wanting him to find some intern sheep who will follow his every demand. 

Then you want him to pick some strict homeboy buddy he knows to be a HC... That has disaster written all over it.

Yeh that's exactly who he'll hire. It would likely be one of his pals or he'll promote someone into the role.

Like I said, it's an awful plan and purely fantasy. I just can see it happening as Coughlin has one last gasp to get things right

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2019, 03:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 03:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: There's not going to be a single worthy GM prospect that's willing to come here if they have to default to Coughlin every time... So you're basically wanting him to find some intern sheep who will follow his every demand. 

Then you want him to pick some strict homeboy buddy he knows to be a HC... That has disaster written all over it.

Yeh that's exactly who he'll hire. It would likely be one of his pals or he'll promote someone into the role.

Like I said, it's an awful plan and purely fantasy. I just can see it happening as Coughlin has one last gasp to get things right

Oh I can see it happening as well man and wouldn't be surprised one bit.

(09-10-2019, 02:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Much of what happened in the game Sunday had to do with lack of depth.

Our 3rd LT was supposed to be playing RG.  His backup allowed the hit on Foles.

LB cupboard is bare beyond the starters.  Starting safeties should be backups.  CB2 looked unprepared and bewildered.  RB cupboard is bare behind the starter.  We have too little depth.

Richardson and Cann were virtually tied in the RG competition. At least that's what the depth chart said. Cann was not depth. And neither were Harrison, Wilson, and Bouye.

And you can't say the RB cupboard is bare. Armstead had one carry for seven yards. The fact that the Jags overused Fournette is more about coaching than depth.

Or was your post sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to tell.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"