Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Doug Marrone

(09-08-2019, 05:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of really bad play from the linebackers and safeties today, as well as Bouye on a number of plays. LBs and Safeties were easily duped by misdirection and pre-snap motion.
Not sure how much of that is on Marrone, but he definitely has to be in the equation of blame.

^ all true.
But, no mention of Ramsey? He was burnt toast today.

Marrone should definitely be on the hot seat if he can't magically get control of the team and turn this thing around (geez, having to say "turn this thing around" after week 1,,, wow).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-08-2019, 05:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:21 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Agreed. But Coughlin is not the answer. He is out of the loop and irrelevant, he would lose the team.

Lose the team???  Losing this team might be the best thing that could happen.

(09-08-2019, 05:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of really bad play from the linebackers and safeties today, as well as Bouye on a number of plays. LBs and Safeties were easily duped by misdirection and pre-snap motion.
Not sure how much of that is on Marrone, but he definitely has to be in the equation of blame.

The offense was really not so bad, especially with a backup tackle and rookie backup QB. If Fornette doesn't get stripped at the beginning of the third quarter then that offense probably did enough to win the game - had the defense held up its end of the bargain.

The undisciplined stuff like penalties and being out of position is still an ongoing issue that you can certainly lay at Marrone's feet. I'm fine giving him 2019 to fix it. If he can't, then he should be on the hotseat for sure. I could see it going either way.

The lack of playing time for the starters in the preseason was a really bad decision.  Especially when you open with an opponent like KC.  They can do stuff on offense that makes a defense look stupid.

To play devil's advocate, a lot of teams across the league had a lack of playing time for their starters. It was a known fact that teams are playing their starters less every year during preseason.

(09-08-2019, 05:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The offense was really not so bad, especially with a backup tackle and rookie backup QB. If Fornette doesn't get stripped at the beginning of the third quarter then that offense probably did enough to win the game - had the defense held up its end of the bargain.

The undisciplined stuff like penalties and being out of position is still an ongoing issue that you can certainly lay at Marrone's feet. I'm fine giving him 2019 to fix it. If he can't, then he should be on the hotseat for sure. I could see it going either way.

The lack of playing time for the starters in the preseason was a really bad decision.  Especially when you open with an opponent like KC.  They can do stuff on offense that makes a defense look stupid.

The majority of the defensive players on the field today saw quite a bit of preseason action.  I don't see the preseason snap counts for that group as part of the problem.  It was primarily offensive starters that Marrone held out in the preseason.

(09-08-2019, 05:59 PM)jagherd Wrote:

^ all true.

Marrone should definitely be on the hot seat if he can't magically get control of the team and turn this thing around (geez, having to say "turn this thing around" after week 1,,, wow).
I'll have to watch gamepass to know more about Ramsey. From my vantage point in the stadium I saw Bouye on the losing end of matchups with Watkins and Kelce and didn't see Ramsey give up any explosive plays. That's not to say I didn't miss one. 
What specifically did you see?

Just wasted 11 minutes of my life watching that buffoon. Dude is a total moron. Embarrassing face of the program. Just cut the dead wood and get rid of the idiot.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 06:57 PM by Eric1.)

(09-08-2019, 06:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 05:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The majority of the defensive players on the field today saw quite a bit of preseason action.  I don't see the preseason snap counts for that group as part of the problem.  It was primarily offensive starters that Marrone held out in the preseason.

(09-08-2019, 05:59 PM)jagherd Wrote: ^ all true.

I'll have to watch gamepass to know more about Ramsey. From my vantage point in the stadium I saw Bouye on the losing end of matchups with Watkins and Kelce and didn't see Ramsey give up any explosive plays. That's not to say I didn't miss one. 
What specifically did you see?

Ramsey gave up a short catch to Hill early, because he was playing so far off and he gave up that short TD to Watkins late. Watkins definitely pushed off as well. Those are the only stand out plays I can remember he gave up.

Ramsey might have had a chance to make a tackle on Watkins on his first TD (it wasn't his guy though, a hustle play if anything), but that was a busted zone coverage and bad angle by Harrison. He was late and tried to jump up and swipe at the ball leaving Watkins to turn up field and run free.

The 2nd long TD by Watkins was all on one of the Safeties. When you watch it, you'll see Watkins come across the field from the left and Myles Jack gives him a good shove to redirect him as he passes through his zone. Problem is there's literally no safety (or anybody) back there because the one who was playing deep shifted his coverage to the left. Which left Watkins running wide open up the right side of the field. Maybe Jack was supposed to run with him, but I doubt it.

Kelce roasted Jack on one play and Bouye on another play.

That's just what I remember/seen from my live TV broadcast watch on those plays. The narrative that Ramsey was bad today, or that he got roasted is completely false.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 07:50 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I blame Marrone and Wash. Wash has so much talent on defense and he has no clue what to do with it. As far as Marrone, he has proven he is no leader. This team has no discipline what so ever. The penalties were embarrassing and even though many of us stated time and time again, that we lacked depth at OT, the problem went ignored. Now that problem got our QB injured. If we would have had a decent backup LT, Richardson would have been playing RG instead of LT and Cann would have been on the bench, where he belongs, instead of getting run over and allowing his man to flatten Foles. That's on Marrone. He's gotta go. Now, I have a migraine and I blame Marrone for that too.

Agreed completely!

People are advancing an agenda blaming Ramsey for the defensive performance.

Advancing this agenda had nothing to do with the truth of today's game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-08-2019, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed completely!

Yeah. I went through the game on gamepass tonight and reviewed every pass of 20 yards or more and every scorring pass play. 

Ramsey gave up the short TD pass to Watkins. Watkins pushed off and didn't get flagged. 
That was it. He played well.

Bouye, Harrison and Wilson...
... not so much.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 09:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Bouye was straight up trash today, but the off coverage stuff was infuriating. Our pass rush did well today, but Mahomes has such good anticipation and such a quick release, that he was getting the ball away in just the nick of time. He had guys wide open, because our DB's were playing 5-7 yards off the receivers. We should have been playing man to man. You simply cannot give Mahomes that kind of cushion. I'm nothing close to a football coach and I know that. Why the hell didn't Wash make an adjustment? You have what is considered one of the best secondaries in the NFL and you want them to give receivers a 5-7 yard cushion against a guy who is undeniably the best you QB in years? Why? Play tight and make him throw it into smaller windows while under pressure!

(09-08-2019, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 08:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed completely!

Yeah. I went through the game on gamepass tonight and reviewed every pass of 20 yards or more and every scorring pass play. 

Ramsey gave up the short TD pass to Watkins. Watkins pushed off and didn't get flagged. 
That was it. He played well.

Bouye, Harrison and Wilson...
... not so much.
I haven't seen the replay, but the 2nd TD? to Watkins was Ramsey not playing zone. That or the safety thought it was zone and Ramsey was in man.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-08-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Bouye was straight up trash today, but the off coverage stuff was infuriating. Our pass rush did well today, but Mahomes has such good anticipation and such a quick release, that he was getting the ball away in just the nick of time. He had guys wide open, because our DB's were playing 5-7 yards off the receivers. We should have been playing man to man. You simply cannot give Mahomes that kind of cushion. I'm nothing close to a football coach and I know that. Why the hell didn't Wash make an adjustment? You have what is considered one of the best secondaries in the NFL and you want them to give receivers a 5-7 yard cushion against a guy who is undeniably the best you QB in years? Why? Play tight and make him throw it into smaller windows while under pressure!

This is the same thing that happened when we lost to the Patriots for the AFC championship game. I seriously feel Wash should be fire if he can't make adjustments and see that you should switch to man and throw some blitzes at Mahomes to try to get him off his game. He was just to comfortable. Why don't our coaches realize when the zone is not working for us?

As much as I want Marrone gone, Wash needs to literally go like yesterday!!!!! Marrone should of been left in NE when we lost that AFCCG due to him playing like a damn chicken... but Wash has repeatedly shown he has no clue what he is doing.

Sack everyone we lost to one of the Superbowl favourites and didn't shut down the best offence in the NFL. Three quarters with a rookie backup QB.

Unacceptable!

(09-08-2019, 09:54 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sack everyone we lost to one of the Superbowl favourites and didn't shut down the best offence in the NFL. Three quarters with a rookie backup QB.

Unacceptable!

The type of defense that played today will never work, is that not clear? It's been the same product Wash has put out there constantly since he has been here. Is it not enough? Give him the year? Extension? Promotion? 

I truly don't get why so many people here want to keep trash around like it's going to get better. It's trash!

Mike Tomlin just kicked a FG inside the 5 down by 20....
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-08-2019, 10:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 09:54 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sack everyone we lost to one of the Superbowl favourites and didn't shut down the best offence in the NFL. Three quarters with a rookie backup QB.

Unacceptable!

The type of defense that played today will never work, is that not clear? It's been the same product Wash has put out there constantly since he has been here. Is it not enough? Give him the year? Extension? Promotion? 

I truly don't get why so many people here want to keep trash around like it's going to get better. It's trash!

The defence that helped jags to get within a minute of the Superbowl?

(09-08-2019, 10:20 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 10:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The type of defense that played today will never work, is that not clear? It's been the same product Wash has put out there constantly since he has been here. Is it not enough? Give him the year? Extension? Promotion? 

Do you remember the game? The team played soft coverage on defense in the 2nd half and stopped attacking on offense. Grant was completely ignored 2nd half after dominating. 

Myles Jack wasn't down, but coaching 1000000000% lost that game... that isn't even an argument. If anything you are making a case to fire these clowns.

Just wonder if Marrone hired Todd Wash? If not then he doesn't have any control over firing Wash just like he has little to none control over his players.

(09-08-2019, 10:20 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 10:07 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The type of defense that played today will never work, is that not clear? It's been the same product Wash has put out there constantly since he has been here. Is it not enough? Give him the year? Extension? Promotion? 

The same one that couldn't cover butter? Guys running wide open, and couldn't wrap up to save their lives? Yea i would say coaching is the issue. Especially the penalties.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 10:41 PM by lastonealive.)

Anyone have an example of a great defence we need to follow?

Can't see any team that has successfully stopped KC in the mahomes era. A lot of sackings required