Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler vs Ngakoue (merged)

I think in fairness Fowler has steadily improved. If we knew Jalen would be gone, maybe we would have kept him. Would still rather have 91 if had to choose though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler has improved and he is playing in a 3-4 defense as a WILL. Put him in a 4-3 as a DE, and he might not be as good as he is right now.

People are too focus on stats, Yan is doing a lot of things that you don't see in stats.

(10-21-2019, 04:25 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Fowler has improved and he is playing in a 3-4 defense as a WILL. Put him in a 4-3 as a DE, and he might not be as good as he is right now.

People are too focus on stats, Yan is doing a lot of things that you don't see in stats.

Hand in the dirt its Yann.  I just dont see him shedding blocks like in years past this season and i was shocked to see him standing up on a handful of plays this year.  I'm like some fans said use Fowler like that with his athleticism and then they try it with Yann who doesnt excel like that.  Another at least they tried scenario but Yann is the DE you want and Dante should've been a LB who blitzes on 3rd standing up since drafted.  Although, even at DE he excelled in the playoffs when called upon with the same help as his counterpart.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I think the biggest thing Yan has going for him is that he plays on the only team I give a [BLEEP] about.

Whatever happens LA is beyond me.

What about Fowler vs Beasley? Wasnt that always the argument about how much better Beasley is? Oh wait

Who cares about Fowler?  We got rid of that locker room cancer a long time ago.  What he does or doesn't do on another team in another division in another conference doesn't really matter.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-21-2019, 06:39 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 31.0 Career Sacks Vs. 18.0 Career Sacks.

I'll take the good locker room and culture guy over the least productive and [BLEEP] starter guy all day.

I know Yannick has been off to a slow start this year. Maybe that ankle injury is still lingering from earlier. Maybe he's playing more carefully with an extension on the line.

Not sure. But he's always been a streaky pass rusher. Sometimes he'll go weeks without a peep and then sometimes he'll show up on the stat sheet two, three weeks in a row with 1.0 - 2.5 sacks per game, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol at giving him an ankle injury now. You guys are ridiculous trying to explain away.

Yan has been overrated by you guys. He's good, not great.
You are right. He is good, not great. I think they pay to much attention to PFF for stats and don't pay attention the actual game enough. We still need to keep Yan if possible

(10-21-2019, 10:39 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 09:23 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: You guys talk to much crap about Fowler.

Doesn't seem to have any problems in LA, hasn't been suspended or anything. Just a reminder, he was 21 when he came in to the league.

Also, you seem to forget Fowler outplayed Yan in the playoffs, you know, those games that matter the most... and then repeated it last year with the Rams, he was excellent in the playoffs.

I like Fowler and agree with your playoff games view but regular season is what we are debating.  Yann has definitely been better in the regular season and Fowler has been meh.  Playoffs is a different story and Yann only had one playoff appearance to do anything and yes he got outplayed by Dante.  Its a toss up at this point but Yann has been less of a headache to the Gene smith character supporters.  He got in what, a fight with dante and another on field scuffle.  Thats 2 incidents and Fowler has more penalties as well.  I'd take Dante with how they are using Yann standing up but hand in the dirt is Yann to this point.

Lol @ Gene Smith character supporters lol. Its like they hate anyone who is extremely confident and passionate. They act like they have to coach these players. 
The choir boy crew doesn't automatically equal wins is what they don't understand. Think you need a good mix of players

(10-21-2019, 05:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Who cares about Fowler?  We got rid of that locker room cancer a long time ago.  What he does or doesn't do on another team in another division in another conference doesn't really matter.

It kind of does. I know it’s becoming the norm for us that we keep trading away top 5 picks, but it’s really pretty pathetic. Just because they (Fowler, BOAT, Ramsey) aren’t on the team, doesn’t mean they aren’t tied to the GM who selected all 3 them. It doesn’t wash his hands clean of the picks.

Thumbs Up 

(10-21-2019, 06:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 05:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Who cares about Fowler?  We got rid of that locker room cancer a long time ago.  What he does or doesn't do on another team in another division in another conference doesn't really matter.

It kind of does. I know it’s becoming the norm for us that we keep trading away top 5 picks, but it’s really pretty pathetic. Just because they (Fowler, BOAT, Ramsey) aren’t on the team, doesn’t mean they aren’t tied to the GM who selected all 3 them. It doesn’t wash his hands clean of the picks.

I'm happy to know we have fans that understand where I am coming from. At one point I was starting to think it was a bunch of people from the organization posting pro whatever decision the team made

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 01:09 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-21-2019, 06:34 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

If anything it reenforces that Caldwell actually makes decent picks that all these guys are still in the league and we got decent compensation for 2 of them.

(10-21-2019, 11:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: Let's take Aaron Donald out of the equation - does Fowler get near the numbers he's gotten this season without that distraction facing the offense?

If two guys are comparably talented (Yan v. Fowler), I go with youth every time, especially when considering that the younger doesn't cause problems on or off the field.

I agree that Donald is a big reason for the improvement, but also, Fowler has gotten better the more he plays.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/11...92162?s=21

Slightly reminiscent of MJD vs Merriman
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-22-2019, 02:52 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/11...92162?s=21

Slightly reminiscent of MJD vs Merriman

Good play no doubt....

but man their QB sucks... Trubisky runs right out of a completely clean pocket.

That was kind of funny looking... Like they were both surprised and they each took about a half a second to realize the play was still going on.

Fowler 6.5 sacks I guess we bailed on him too soon?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-28-2019, 06:01 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Fowler 6.5 sacks I guess we bailed on him too soon?

Nope. 

Glad he's gone. We've upgraded tremendously with Allen.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 04:22 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-21-2019, 06:23 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 10:39 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I like Fowler and agree with your playoff games view but regular season is what we are debating.  Yann has definitely been better in the regular season and Fowler has been meh.  Playoffs is a different story and Yann only had one playoff appearance to do anything and yes he got outplayed by Dante.  Its a toss up at this point but Yann has been less of a headache to the Gene smith character supporters.  He got in what, a fight with dante and another on field scuffle.  Thats 2 incidents and Fowler has more penalties as well.  I'd take Dante with how they are using Yann standing up but hand in the dirt is Yann to this point.

Lol @ Gene Smith character supporters lol. Its like they hate anyone who is extremely confident and passionate. They act like they have to coach these players. 
The choir boy crew doesn't automatically equal wins is what they don't understand. Think you need a good mix of players

We have Yannick now and can only s.o.h. at the release of the 1st rounder(s) we have picked.  Its excused due to Allen, but the fact remains, we used a pick for a DE due to releasing one earlier.  Great pick btw, but we will be doing the same with the trade of Jalen in the coming draft.  Hopefully its another homerun, if not, then we'll see who all switches out on their GM and team support stance.  Its always the half and half with most on this board.  They support but also make it known its only for a tbd period of time.  Its never one side of the fence.  

Either we are doing the right things or it is wrong.  I don't like the staff and wanted a change in the past to OC and got it.  I want a change to DC but haven't yet.  I now want a change to the FO since the coach and DC are still here making questionable decisions, along with the player reactions to said leadership.  i just want fresh faces to see if we can get on one accord.  Doug was brought in to build a competitive and strong team and has failed with the actions of players we see as well as his own decisions as coach during play.  Coughlin was suppose to aid in that discipline, but only caused more turmoil.  I cant make excuses for any of them.  Either we see success from these failures or they need to be gone.  Change shouldn't need to take place as much as it has here.  If we hire the right staff then players should be what we see upgraded regularly and not coaches. Definitely not withing the first 3 years of picking said players or staff.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.