Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Josh Dobbs - Jags QB

I hope hes used to getting cluberd by defesive players cauase he will need it with this o-line. this jags team stinks all the way around.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 12:47 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I hope hes used to getting cluberd by defesive players cauase he will need it with this o-line. this jags team stinks all the way around.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Why waste a pick? They could have just signed Kaepernick.

(09-09-2019, 01:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Why waste a pick? They could have just signed Kaepernick.

You’re not going to give up, are you?

This trade is meh...

And yeah why waste a pick when you could of had Kap try out why the heck not?
No Fun

(09-09-2019, 01:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Why waste a pick? They could have just signed Kaepernick.

(09-09-2019, 01:09 PM)nhiverson Wrote: This trade is meh...

This is a question for the political forum page....lmbo
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-09-2019, 01:09 PM)nhiverson Wrote: This trade is meh...

Because you would lose half your fan base and still have a trash qb.
[Image: giphy.gif]

What is it with the Jags and trading 5th rounders? This move is no better than the trade for Carlos Hyde. Fifth rounders can be valuable when trying to trade up for a guy you really covet. Dobbs will likely be history once Foles comes back since they seem to like Minshew so much. I would have gone with Lauletta or just use Chase Litton if Minshew also gets hurt.

(09-09-2019, 12:43 PM)roycee Wrote: It's a 5th round pick for a backup QB. It's not like there's just a ton of quality backups hanging around right now.

On what planet is he a quality backup? The Steelers made every attempt to let him win the backup job and he stunk up the place every time. He has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL and his preseason games were flat out terrible. He's no better than a practice squad player and those guys would've cost us nothing. This is just another boneheaded moves by the Jags add to a long list of bad moves. The guy is an 8 week rental for God's sake!

Why waste a pick for a trash QB that has no experience? You want to trade for a backup with experience playing, fine. You can't waste a pick on a temporary backup QB who would need to be replaced if he had to play. Did you see the Safeties and backup LBs play, they all need to be replaced and draft picks help that.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

[Image: image.jpg]

Welcome to Duval, prepare to get hit.

This is a head scratching move as far as I'm concerned. Minshew is the guy. But you need someone who's been around the block in case things go south. Dobbs is not that guy. I'd much rather had a practice squad guy like Sloter then Dobbs. This move makes no sense to me.

(09-09-2019, 01:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:43 PM)roycee Wrote: It's a 5th round pick for a backup QB. It's not like there's just a ton of quality backups hanging around right now.

On what planet is he a quality backup? The Steelers made every attempt to let him win the backup job and he stunk up the place every time. He has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL and his preseason games were flat out terrible. He's no better than a practice squad player and those guys would've cost us nothing. This is just another boneheaded moves by the Jags add to a long list of bad moves. The guy is an 8 week rental for God's sake!
Sounds exactly like your take on Minshew. How'd he look with the starters?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-09-2019, 01:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: On what planet is he a quality backup? The Steelers made every attempt to let him win the backup job and he stunk up the place every time. He has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL and his preseason games were flat out terrible. He's no better than a practice squad player and those guys would've cost us nothing. This is just another boneheaded moves by the Jags add to a long list of bad moves. The guy is an 8 week rental for God's sake!
Sounds exactly like your take on Minshew. How'd he look with the starters?

There is a big difference. Minshew is a rookie and Dobbs has been in the league for several years. Dobbs has never looked good in that time. Have you seen him play with Pittsburgh? If you did, I bet you'd have the same opinion. It's obvious. He has poor accuracy, no anticipation and holds the ball too long. Those are way worse issues than Minshew showed in the preseason. As far as Minshew, I had no issue with the team developing him. I just wanted a more experienced player to serve as the backup in case something bad happened. Minshew looked pretty good on Sunday, but I was understandably distracted by all the bad things that were going on. Now, he has the next 8 weeks to lead this team. I'm going to reserve judgement and see how he does. Hopefully, he develops quickly and the team's decision to keep him as a backup will work out and I will be proven wrong. I really hope that happens. As far as Dobbs, I know what he can do and I want him nowhere near the starting job, but given our complete lack of depth on the O-Line, I'm scared for Minshew's health. At least we know that Richardson looks like he can handle himself at OT.

Lighting another 5th round pick on fire, yay.

(09-09-2019, 01:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Sounds exactly like your take on Minshew. How'd he look with the starters?

There is a big difference. Minshew is a rookie and Dobbs has been in the league for several years. Dobbs has never looked good in that time. Have you seen him play with Pittsburgh? If you did, I bet you'd have the same opinion. It's obvious. He has poor accuracy, no anticipation and holds the ball too long. Those are way worse issues than Minshew showed in the preseason. As far as Minshew, I had no issue with the team developing him. I just wanted a more experienced player to serve as the backup in case something bad happened. Minshew looked pretty good on Sunday, but I was understandably distracted by all the bad things that were going on. Now, he has the next 8 weeks to lead this team. I'm going to reserve judgement and see how he does. Hopefully, he develops quickly and the team's decision to keep him as a backup will work out and I will be proven wrong. I really hope that happens. As far as Dobbs, I know what he can do and I want him nowhere near the starting job, but given our complete lack of depth on the O-Line, I'm scared for Minshew's health. At least we know that Richardson looks like he can handle himself at OT.

C'mon now. You REALLY didn't like the guy.

(09-09-2019, 01:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is a big difference. Minshew is a rookie and Dobbs has been in the league for several years. Dobbs has never looked good in that time. Have you seen him play with Pittsburgh? If you did, I bet you'd have the same opinion. It's obvious. He has poor accuracy, no anticipation and holds the ball too long. Those are way worse issues than Minshew showed in the preseason. As far as Minshew, I had no issue with the team developing him. I just wanted a more experienced player to serve as the backup in case something bad happened. Minshew looked pretty good on Sunday, but I was understandably distracted by all the bad things that were going on. Now, he has the next 8 weeks to lead this team. I'm going to reserve judgement and see how he does. Hopefully, he develops quickly and the team's decision to keep him as a backup will work out and I will be proven wrong. I really hope that happens. As far as Dobbs, I know what he can do and I want him nowhere near the starting job, but given our complete lack of depth on the O-Line, I'm scared for Minshew's health. At least we know that Richardson looks like he can handle himself at OT.

C'mon now. You REALLY didn't like the guy.

I didn't like him as a backup. Can you blame me? We sign a fairly fragile QB to a huge contract and back him up with a 6th round rookie who never lead the team to a touchdown in the preseason. Given the situation and as good as he played on Sunday, I still don't want him starting. I believe he should have been in a 3rd string role, where he can try and develop into an eventual backup. The situation has changed now. Given the option between Minshew and Dobbs, I'll take Minshew. Dobbs has had time to develop and he has failed. I'll take the unknown over the failure.

Coughlin and Caldwell getting desperate and trying to screw the organization over before they inevitably get canned. These two just keep on making great moves.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up