Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Josh Dobbs - Jags QB

Uh oh - the General Managers In Waiting don't seem to like this pick.

As if the pick matters! I love some GMIW mentioning other guys no one has ever heard of. You do realize that if this guy plays the Jags would be down to QB3 and the season would long be over. You have to have someone as backup to the backup. Let's not pretend it's crucial.

And people worried about a fifth round pick in the first half of September? No way to ever get that back I'm sure.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here are some Dobbs preseason highlights from 2018.
Dude is very nifty evading pressure.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxq5wc1OZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxq5wc1OZk

I'm thinking they weren't interrested in spending any money on this. Most of the names we know that are currently on the couch would require bigger contracts.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 02:44 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-09-2019, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Pretty bad QB. Good arm and athletic but that's all.

Going after a practice squad QB would be a much better use of assets imo, no need to give a pick. A 5th for an 8th week rental is bad.

That's not quite all.

He's smart as hell-being a rocket scientist.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-09-2019, 02:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Steelers/status/...85888?s=20

He was 18 of 32 for 0 TD's and 2 INT's. How is that good?

You mean a perfect 4.0 GPA, first in his graduating class Rocket Scientist/Aerospace Engineer.

Welcome to Duval, Josh. Perhaps he'll bring some class and manners to the locker room ?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-09-2019, 02:23 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Uh oh - the General Managers In Waiting don't seem to like this pick.

As if the pick matters! I love some GMIW mentioning other guys no one has ever heard of. You do realize that if this guy plays the Jags would be down to QB3 and the season would long be over. You have to have someone as backup to the backup. Let's not pretend it's crucial.

And people worried about a fifth round pick in the first half of September? No way to ever get that back I'm sure.

Dude a couple of weeks ago people were saying, "Why worry about a backup QB?" See how that went? We needed one, the first game of the season. They also said, "Why worry about backup LT?" Well, we needed to use one of those as well. Have you ever heard of the Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared"? This front office must not have been Boy Scouts, because we weren't prepared for anything and now, we are left scrambling.

I like Dobbs, but I hope he doesnt have to see the field. Think Minshew is going to shock a lot of people.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(09-09-2019, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here are some Dobbs preseason highlights from 2018.

He's athletic and good with his feet. That is not the question. It's his throwing that concerns me.

(09-09-2019, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 02:23 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Uh oh - the General Managers In Waiting don't seem to like this pick.

Dude a couple of weeks ago people were saying, "Why worry about a backup QB?" See how that went? We needed one, the first game of the season. They also said, "Why worry about backup LT?" Well, we needed to use one of those as well. Have you ever heard of the Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared"? This front office must not have been Boy Scouts, because we weren't prepared for anything and now, we are left scrambling.

The backup QB and backup backup LT were arguably two of the best performers on the field yesterday.

(09-09-2019, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dude a couple of weeks ago people were saying, "Why worry about a backup QB?" See how that went? We needed one, the first game of the season. They also said, "Why worry about backup LT?" Well, we needed to use one of those as well. Have you ever heard of the Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared"? This front office must not have been Boy Scouts, because we weren't prepared for anything and now, we are left scrambling.

The backup QB and backup backup LT were arguably two of the best performers on the field yesterday.

Agreed. It was the fact that we needed to use them in game 1. People are now saying, "Who cares about a backup to Minshew?" Well, it happened once, it can happen again. Look how many LT's we went through last year. I'm simply saying these are not issues to just throw aside. We need to be prepared for bad things to happen. They always do with this team.

(09-09-2019, 02:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was 18 of 32 for 0 TD's and 2 INT's. How is that good?

In the preseason...  playing with scrubs... against scrubs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-09-2019, 03:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The backup QB and backup backup LT were arguably two of the best performers on the field yesterday.

Agreed. It was the fact that we needed to use them in game 1. People are now saying, "Who cares about a backup to Minshew?" Well, it happened once, it can happen again. Look how many LT's we went through last year. I'm simply saying these are not issues to just throw aside. We need to be prepared for bad things to happen. They always do with this team.

No one is throwing the issue aside. The front office felt strongly enough about their scouting on Dobbs to spend a 5th round pick on him. That is far from a dismissal of the importance of the roster spot. 

You just happen to disagree with the guy they chose and what they spent on him.

Being an Aerospace Engineer at UT is pretty much equivalent to being a History major at UF .... just sayin'

(09-09-2019, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here are some Dobbs preseason highlights from 2018.

Looks like Randall Cunningham.  If the defense can stop acting like preschool crybabies and play to their talent level.  We can turn this ship around. 

Chaaammmmppppiiioonnnssshhiippppp

(09-09-2019, 03:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Being an Aerospace Engineer at UT is pretty much equivalent to being a History major at UF .... just sayin'

DING DING DING... we have a winner, folks!

Why did we trade for this guy? Hes a practice squad level player.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We should have kicked the tires on Kaep… Just typing..... Oh wait the guy makes more money decrying football and complaining about it. He would lose so much money if he actually joined a NFL team. When you can kick Betsy Ross hundreds of years after she is dead, why would you ever play a game where people can Foles you to the ground. Better to whine and complain and collect the fat, "I'm a victim" money.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-09-2019, 01:20 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: What is it with the Jags and trading 5th rounders? This move is no better than the trade for Carlos Hyde. Fifth rounders can be valuable when trying to trade up for a guy you really covet. Dobbs will likely be history once Foles comes back since they seem to like Minshew so much. I would have gone with Lauletta or just use Chase Litton if Minshew also gets hurt.

This this this. I have no idea why we are trading for scrubs that we end up cutting at the end of the year.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-09-2019, 12:19 PM)jg77 Wrote: Meh. I wanted RG3 but I guess they're comfortable with Minshew starting until Foles is back.

That would’ve been dope