Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Josh Dobbs - Jags QB

(09-09-2019, 03:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Being an Aerospace Engineer at UT is pretty much equivalent to being a History major at UF .... just sayin'

A big NOPE!

Being an Aerospace Engineer != History major.  Not even close.  The guy is intelligent.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 03:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here are some Dobbs preseason highlights from 2018.
Dude is very nifty evading pressure.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxq5wc1OZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxq5wc1OZk

Looks like Randall Cunningham.  If the defense can stop acting like preschool crybabies and play to their talent level.  We can turn this ship around. 

Chaaammmmppppiiioonnnssshhiippppp

Bouye played like hot garbage and we didnt help them by playing 10 yards off receivers so mahomes could dink and dunk through pressure.  Andy knew this and killed us with crossers underneath all game.  Its horribly bad when non NFL coaches can call this out and the ones paid are acting dumb
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Yeah I don’t understand this move at all. Unless they are planning on keeping 3 QBs on the roster once Foles returns this is just a complete waste of a 5th rounder. It’ll be pretty funny if after 8 weeks we cut the guy and the Steelers pick him back up.

(09-09-2019, 01:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Why waste a pick? They could have just signed Kaepernick.

Let us all assume for just a second that Kap is good.  Even under this hypothetical situation, what the hell do you think a guy out of the league for 3 years is going to do?

(09-09-2019, 12:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm so sick of the boneheaded moves by this front office! Joshua Dobbs? This guy is terrible! The only positive plays he makes are with his feet. He has poor accuracy, terrible anticipation and he holds the ball too long. On top of that, we wasted a 5th round pick on the guy? Geez! We would have been much better off just promoting Chase Litton from our own practice squad. Dobbs was 18 of 32 with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks in the preseason. That's what a 5th rounder buys nowadays? I'm ready to start cleaning house in the front office and coaching staffs.

Translation: "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO WHAT I SAID!?!?!?!?!?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-09-2019, 07:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm so sick of the boneheaded moves by this front office! Joshua Dobbs? This guy is terrible! The only positive plays he makes are with his feet. He has poor accuracy, terrible anticipation and he holds the ball too long. On top of that, we wasted a 5th round pick on the guy? Geez! We would have been much better off just promoting Chase Litton from our own practice squad. Dobbs was 18 of 32 with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks in the preseason. That's what a 5th rounder buys nowadays? I'm ready to start cleaning house in the front office and coaching staffs.

Translation: "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO WHAT I SAID!?!?!?!?!?"

Yes! At least some version of what I said that wouldn't cost us a 5th round draft pick.

They really just wasted a 5th round pick on this bum.... Pathetic  Wallbash

(09-09-2019, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He ain’t got no eyebrows.

Lol! Your avatar + this comment, tho
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 08:34 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Here's my only complaint: The current front office has not drafted a QB higher than a 6th round pick, with the exception of Bortles. Allen, Lee, and Minshew were all 6th round draft picks. They only used a 7th to trade for Kessler. Now, the Jaguars spend "big" (at least in comparison to previous moves), for a guy that doesn't seemed to be markedly different than quarterbacks available on other teams' practice squads. I don't like moves that seem out of character for the organization. From an outside perspective, it seems panicky. Unless he can supplant Minshew, I don't see the value in trading a 5th for him. I hope I'm wrong about this.

(09-09-2019, 06:31 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Why waste a pick? They could have just signed Kaepernick.

Let us all assume for just a second that Kap is good.  Even under this hypothetical situation, what the hell do you think a guy out of the league for 3 years is going to do?

So you don't want a good QB that has almost won a Superbowl and doesn't cost draft picks going to a rival?

We traded up in the 1st for Blaine. I guess before that it was Leftwich.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-09-2019, 08:25 PM)Last42min Wrote: Here's my only complaint: The current front office has not drafted a QB higher than a 6th round pick, with the exception of Bortles. Allen, Lee, and Minshew were all 6th round draft picks. They only used a 7th to trade for Kessler. Now, the Jaguars spend "big" (at least in comparison to previous moves), for a guy that doesn't seemed to be markedly different than quarterbacks available on other teams' practice squads. I don't like moves that seem out of character for the organization. From an outside perspective, it seems panicky. Unless he can supplant Minshew, I don't see the value in trading a 5th for him. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Pretty sure it was a 6th rounder they traded for Kessler, but yea, this move seems terrible. Unless Foles' injury is really that serious, Dobbs probably doesn't even stay on this roster for the whole year.

(09-09-2019, 08:27 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 06:31 PM)Jags Wrote: Let us all assume for just a second that Kap is good.  Even under this hypothetical situation, what the hell do you think a guy out of the league for 3 years is going to do?

So you don't want a good QB that has almost won a Superbowl and doesn't cost draft picks going to a rival?

That Superbowl was 7 years ago.......... And Kaep hasn't played a single down of football in 3 years. Hes done dude, get over it lol.

(09-09-2019, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:25 PM)Last42min Wrote: Here's my only complaint: The current front office has not drafted a QB higher than a 6th round pick, with the exception of Bortles. Allen, Lee, and Minshew were all 6th round draft picks. They only used a 7th to trade for Kessler. Now, the Jaguars spend "big" (at least in comparison to previous moves), for a guy that doesn't seemed to be markedly different than quarterbacks available on other teams' practice squads. I don't like moves that seem out of character for the organization. From an outside perspective, it seems panicky. Unless he can supplant Minshew, I don't see the value in trading a 5th for him. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Pretty sure it was a 6th rounder they traded for Kessler, but yea, this move seems terrible. Unless Foles' injury is really that serious, Dobbs probably doesn't even stay on this roster for the whole year.

(09-09-2019, 08:27 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So you don't want a good QB that has almost won a Superbowl and doesn't cost draft picks going to a rival?

That Superbowl was 7 years ago.......... And Kaep hasn't played a single down of football in 3 years. Hes done dude, get over it lol.

Maybe they contacted him and didn't like the contract he wants or something. In any case I think he'd be worth consideration, but it might be that NFL teams are more interested in politics than winning games. It's sad.

Fanspeak drafting will be less fun without that 5th round pick.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Dave Caldwell: Pfffft, 5th round picks, are we talking about 5th round picks!!! Who needs em. I da man. Now shaddup.

Fans: Dern Dave we would like to have one again sometime!!!! Why u always gotta be so stuuuupid?

Hilarious

Hyde
Dobbs
the Qb from Cleveland, already forgot his name lol

Why not pick up a FA ? OR a practice squad guy? I hate seeing our picks wasted on guys we know are not long term role players or starters. Ugh.

(09-09-2019, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

(09-09-2019, 08:27 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So you don't want a good QB that has almost won a Superbowl and doesn't cost draft picks going to a rival?

Quote: Cleveland is trading Cody Kessler to Jacksonville in exchange for a 2019 conditional seventh-round draft pick, both teams announced Wednesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-by-browns
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Steelers FB page was kind of funny --- 2 extracted comments:

* Can we throw Tomlin into the trade.
* Perhaps we should have traded Big Ben instead as he's used to throwing to Jaguars players.

(09-09-2019, 08:49 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Pretty sure it was a 6th rounder they traded for Kessler, but yea, this move seems terrible. Unless Foles' injury is really that serious, Dobbs probably doesn't even stay on this roster for the whole year.

Maybe they contacted him and didn't like the contract he wants or something. In any case I think he'd be worth consideration, but it might be that NFL teams are more interested in politics than winning games. It's sad.

If Kap was good enough. He'd have a job.

Eric Reid does