Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Receiving Corps in League?

The lesson to be learned from this is ust because a player does not produce as a rookie, doesn't mean he is doomed to be a complete bust.

If there is a sub lesson, it's a lack of production in preseason does not necessarily mean he is forever precluded from producing in the regular season.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I honestly don’t care about Lee. He won’t be a Jag next season so I would give all the reps to Chark, Conley and Westbrook. Wish they had brought up Keelan Doss too.

Hopefully Oliver comes back healthy and you have a pretty decent nucleus of pass catchers.

I'm sure that's the plan going forward.

I read somewhere that said Dede, Chark and Conley all had like 40+ snaps in the game.

Cole and Lee both had like 14 each. I don't see much changing going forward, barring injury to those first 3.

Marrone commented to the contrary. Saying that Lee is being gradually worked into a larger role. 

He did make 3 nice blocks yesterday that I noticed while rewatching on gamepass. 
That seems to be his role until he gets some practice reps with the ones.

(09-10-2019, 12:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm sure that's the plan going forward.

I read somewhere that said Dede, Chark and Conley all had like 40+ snaps in the game.

Cole and Lee both had like 14 each. I don't see much changing going forward, barring injury to those first 3.

Marrone commented to the contrary. Saying that Lee is being gradually worked into a larger role. 

He did make 3 nice blocks yesterday that I noticed while rewatching on gamepass. 
That seems to be his role until he gets some practice reps with the ones.

I know they're working Lee back slowly, but unless Dede, Chark or Conley get the case of the dropsies, or just completely fall off a cliff in the next couple weeks. There's no reason to rush Lee back into things. Hes always been a pretty solid blocking WR though and should be used as such.

I’m OK with the WRs. The TEs are at the bottom of the pile.
The guy from DEN sucked. The guy from the Jets sucked. Mercedes could block. Brady was serviceable. Pete Mitchell May be the best pass catching TE in Jags history; just let that sink in for a minute.
Every [BLEEP] year Frank Wychek would be all by himself in the back of the end zone catching TDs every time we played the Tacks. Maddening.
Maybe the rookie, when he’s fully recovered, will ran a seam route, catch a pass, and stun us all.

Man I hate Frank Wychek. This team has been historically bad against TEs
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Friggin Maddening!!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I think once Lee is reasonably healthy and back up to game speed we'll be ok. Chark seems to have been waiting to turn loose. Westbrook/Conley seem stable. No one has had the drops yet. Right now most eyes are on the defense trying to figure out if it was just a bad showing combined with an elite opponent or if we are a lot worse than expected on that side of the ball. The offense kept us in the game and perhaps could have made it a nail biter if that Fournette play would have been flagged instead of a fumble.
No pain, no gain.

Lee need to be the slot WR imo

(09-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I honestly don’t care about Lee. He won’t be a Jag next season so I would give all the reps to Chark, Conley and Westbrook. Wish they had brought up Keelan Doss too.

Hopefully Oliver comes back healthy and you have a pretty decent nucleus of pass catchers.

I'm sure that's the plan going forward.

Trade Lee to Pittsburgh to be their #2. I'm sure they have buyer's remorse with Moncrief.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-12-2019, 08:08 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm sure that's the plan going forward.

Trade Lee to Pittsburgh to be their #2. I'm sure they have buyer's remorse with Moncrief.
EWWWWWWWW

Moncreif is absolutely terrible.

Two games, two good performances from the wideouts.

Chark has taken that next step and Conley looks good (bar that bad drop)

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

WRs are decent, we need a real RB

(09-15-2019, 04:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: WRs are decent, we need a real RB

That and we need Oliver to get healthy.

(09-15-2019, 04:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Two games, two good performances from the wideouts.

Eh, I don't really think that Conley dropped that. It was good he got a finger on it or that was an interception. 

I do agree though that the WRs look great. Hopefully we dial up more plays for Chark. That kid is impressing.

(09-15-2019, 05:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 04:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Two games, two good performances from the wideouts.

Eh, I don't really think that Conley dropped that. It was good he got a finger on it or that was an interception. 

I do agree though that the WRs look great. Hopefully we dial up more plays for Chark. That kid is impressing.

What? That was a pretty definitive drop imo, he had both hands on it

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 06:13 PM by Jags.)

(09-15-2019, 06:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 05:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Eh, I don't really think that Conley dropped that. It was good he got a finger on it or that was an interception. 

From what I saw, it wasn’t the best pass by Minshew.  It was behind him.  Conley had to stop momentum and stretch backwards.   He’ll of an effort really.   Just couldn’t get it brought in.  I’d say it was one of Minshew’s few bad passes.

(09-15-2019, 06:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 05:56 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Eh, I don't really think that Conley dropped that. It was good he got a finger on it or that was an interception. 

I thought so too at first, then they showed a replay and it looked like it was more on the QB. Nonetheless that sideline catch by Conley was a beauty. I feel pretty damn good with Chark, Dede, and Conley moving forward right now.

yeah, it was just out of reach through Conley's finger tips

I think Chark is emerging as that #1 we were looking for

Chark went from stone hands to Hopkins hands. Crazy