Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump ousts National Security Adviser John Bolton

Trump ousts National Security Adviser John Bolton, says they 'disagreed strongly' on policy

President Trump announced Tuesday that he has fired National Security Adviser John Bolton, saying he “disagreed strongly” with his suggestions on a range of issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-f...cy-matters
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Trump was right about keeping our forces out of Venezuela and Iran, but Bolton was right about not taking meetings with KJU.

It'd be nice if people could disagree within the executive branch and be professional about it. I don't know which of the two allowed disagreements to become distractions, but honestly, it would be in-character for both of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Now Bolton can go back to making real money

"In 2018, the White House reported that Bolton's total income for 2017 had been $2.2 million which included $569,000 from Fox News and $747,000 in speaking fees from, among others, the Victor Pinchuk Foundation (a Ukrainian NGO), Deutsche Bank, and HSBC."

If only Trump could get back Mattis. I have suspected Bolton played a role in his departure. Not directly, of course, but by working to push him out. I think Mattis was the best of all Trump's appointees.

(09-10-2019, 09:16 PM)Last42min Wrote: If only Trump could get back Mattis. I have suspected Bolton played a role in his departure. Not directly, of course, but by working to push him out. I think Mattis was the best of all Trump's appointees.

You're probably right about all of that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bolton destroyed everything he touched, which was of course his agenda. The last straw was leaking Trump's diplomatic attempt to end the Afghan war.