Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This year’s Jags similar to last year’s....

(09-12-2019, 05:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ramsey played like trash just like the rest of the defense last Sundayy at KC.  Do you really want to pay him 20million a year?  Trade him

They played some bad games last year two.  Yes both starting corners
Ramsey played well outside a few snaps. 
Sorry you missed it. 
The game was in Jacksonville FL BTW.
You are correct it was in Duval but when I rewatched it I got confused with all the red in the crowd. I wish I did miss it cause the Defense didn't show up.  Kc didn't punt until the 4th quarter.  The rare occasion when the defense did something good they shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.  I am saying it loud and clear, this is not an elite defense.  Ramsey is not worth $20 million a year, period.  Sacksonville is no more.  I rather Jacksonville trade Ramsey and use that power to feed the offensive side of the ball.  The winning formula is having a fire power offense and a middle of the road defense.  Paying a CB who is not even a real shutdown corner QB money is just crazy.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2019, 01:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The back seven in our defense plays one really bad game and somehow the takeaway from Vic and his minions is to get rid of the only guy that DIDN’T play like complete dog [BLEEP].

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

I seriously don't understand this fan base sometimes... They same people even entertaining the thought of trading Ramsey, are going to be the same people whining and complaining if it actually happened. Especially when the Defense takes a big step back because of it. Some people think this Defense is bad now, just imagine how god awful it'll be if you get rid of the best player on the team..

We finally have a legit blue chip player and arguably the best in the entire league at his position and people just can't wait to get rid of him... Some people needs their [BLEEP] heads checked.

(09-12-2019, 01:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The back seven in our defense plays one really bad game and somehow the takeaway from Vic and his minions is to get rid of the only guy that DIDN’T play like complete dog [BLEEP].

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

That pretty much sums it up.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-12-2019, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

I seriously don't understand this fan base sometimes... They same people even entertaining the thought of trading Ramsey, are going to be the same people whining and complaining if it actually happened. Especially when the Defense takes a big step back because of it. Some people think this Defense is bad now, just imagine how god awful it'll be if you get rid of the best player on the team..

We finally have a legit blue chip player and arguably the best in the entire league at his position and people just can't wait to get rid of him... Some people needs their [BLEEP] heads checked.

I don't want to see him traded and I'd be disappointed if he was but I'd argue that he's probably not what he seemed possibly to be headed towards his first year (i.e. the GOAT at CB). He's an all-pro no doubt and probably the Jags best defensive player but at a certain point the payoff some people were talking about (two first round picks and a second round pick), you'd be dumb to not at least listen. Especially since he will probably be trying to break the bank next year.

Don't worry though, no one is going to offer those kinds of terms.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It’s a not a judgement call on his talent...it’s the fact that we may be heading, yet again to the system being blown up and a full scale rebuild. And that means the prime years of Ramsay will be wasted, and overall an elite cornerback is not going to be enough of a pendulum swing that pushes this team to a winning record and playoff berth.

As part of an overall strong defense or roster? Sure! You don’t trade him. But this team is going to have a bare cupboard soon. If I was offered two firsts, heck yeah. That could be a franchise QB right there. Although, given this teams history with that....ugh I’ll see myself out. I am way to pessimistic and cynical for my own good lately

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!