Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This year’s Jags similar to last year’s....

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM by Rockman1966. Edit Reason: Corrected grammar )

http://espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguar...e-returned

DiRocco article compares 2019 start to 2018 debacle.   It’s all too familiar.  
Didn’t realize Jags have led the league in discipline penalties; I should have.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is a definite lack of discipline or accountability on this team an it is an embarrassment.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

If we’re worse than 3-4 at the mid season mark expect coach bologna to be lacking his stuff. I like Doug but he straight up has to make sure we have better game plans/ strategies. Just feels like he’s on autopilot.

(09-11-2019, 12:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: If we’re worse than 3-4 at the mid season mark expect coach bologna to be lacking his stuff. I like Doug but he straight up has to make sure we have better game plans/ strategies. Just feels like he’s on autopilot.

I'd think 3 and 4 would be a positive outcome for the first 7 weeks. If we're 4 and 5 when Foles comes back I'd be ecstatic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

lose the next 2 games, definitely game over.

Too early for me to freak out right now. It’s one game.

I don’t think the safeties and linebackers are going to miss 18 tackles a game this year, or be constantly baited out of position by pre-snap motion.
They can and likely will tighten that [BLEEP] up.
The penalties need to go away as well and I suspect they will.

Likely a 0-3 start which ends this season

Yeah need to start 2-2 at worst.

Vic Ketchman says to get rid of Ramsey now:

Alex from Orlando, FL
Be straight with me, Vic. Is the Jags' season likely over?

If I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm now accepting trade offers for Jalen Ramsey. Let's start the bidding at two ones.

(09-12-2019, 09:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic Ketchman says to get rid of Ramsey now:

Alex from Orlando, FL

If I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm now accepting trade offers for Jalen Ramsey. Let's start the bidding at two ones.
Yes please.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-12-2019, 09:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Vic Ketchman says to get rid of Ramsey now:

Alex from Orlando, FL

Not so long ago, this might be considered sacrilege, but if they could get two ones, who wouldn't? Or even a high one and a second. Not that I consider the season over by a long shot.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Calias says they need that edge and that's who they are. They need to be undisciplined thugs who lose big.

Alex from Orlando, FL

[BLEEP] that

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 12:39 PM by MoJagFan.)

(09-12-2019, 10:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Alex from Orlando, FL

[BLEEP] that

I don't know based on what we have as coaches and how we play, I think he is going to be the replacement for AR discussions.  If you were him, would you resign here?  If they tagged you, would you report?  We have big issues and a new CBA headache coming soon.  I don't think he likes playing zone and that is a continual plan by the DC.  It might not be a good fit with the way they run things.

How many times has the team waited too long to do things and end up with the zero?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-12-2019, 09:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm now accepting trade offers for Jalen Ramsey. Let's start the bidding at two ones.

Would you take 2 first round picks from the Patriots (which could be the #32 pick the next few years)?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 12:51 PM by jagsfan06.)

Starting the bidding @ 2 1st round picks could provide for quite a substantial haul.

(09-12-2019, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 09:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: If I'm Tom Coughlin, I'm now accepting trade offers for Jalen Ramsey. Let's start the bidding at two ones.

Would you take 2 first round picks from the Patriots (which could be the #32 pick the next few years)?
No, but I would accept 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks from the Patriots.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

The back seven in our defense plays one really bad game and somehow the takeaway from Vic and his minions is to get rid of the only guy that DIDN’T play like complete dog [BLEEP].

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 05:16 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Ramsey played like trash just like the rest of the defense last Sundayy at KC. Do you really want to pay him 20million a year? Trade him

(09-12-2019, 01:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The back seven in our defense plays one really bad game and somehow the takeaway from Vic and his minions is to get rid of the only guy that DIDN’T play like complete dog [BLEEP].

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

They played some bad games last year two.  Yes both starting corners
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-12-2019, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ramsey played like trash just like the rest of the defense last Sundayy at KC.  Do you really want to pay him 20million a year?  Trade him

I don't want to trade him... my comments are basically that if the organization isn't committed to him and isn't going to ring up plays that take advantage of his skillset then they should get something for him when he has big value.  I hope the DC adjusts and does better.  It hasn't been proven that it will occur.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-12-2019, 05:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ramsey played like trash just like the rest of the defense last Sundayy at KC.  Do you really want to pay him 20million a year?  Trade him

(09-12-2019, 01:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The back seven in our defense plays one really bad game and somehow the takeaway from Vic and his minions is to get rid of the only guy that DIDN’T play like complete dog [BLEEP].

[BLEEP] unbelievable.

They played some bad games last year two.  Yes both starting corners
Ramsey played well outside a few snaps. 
Sorry you missed it. 
The game was in Jacksonville FL BTW.