Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injury Updates Week 2

(09-12-2019, 07:02 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 04:06 PM)rocdee Wrote: honestly, even if Robinson is healthy, I'd use him as the 6th OL and keep Richardson as starter at LT. he did great on Frank Clark and whoever else was lined up against him.

if Robinson's healthy i'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather him play LT, and have Richardson play RG, what gets overlooked about last week is that Cann got absolutely whipped by Chris Jones which led to the hit on Foles that broke his collarbone.

Cann on the play bent at the waist and understandable got tossed, idk how he got an extension and continues to hold on to a starting job while his technique has not improved at all since he was drafted.
Cann got beat on most plays and if Linder didn't help, it would have been worse.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2019, 06:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: On his radio show, Brent Martineau says he saw Dareus hanging out at the practice field with a pretty substantial brace on his elbow. Martineau speculates Dareus will not play Sunday.

Wasn't Dareus practicing on a limited basis this week?

[Image: source.gif]

We have a chance with a couple of quick turnaround divisional games to make or break the first half of the season here already. We need to put our best foot forward and play some good ball if this season is going to amount to anything.
No pain, no gain.

(09-11-2019, 04:06 PM)rocdee Wrote: honestly, even if Robinson is healthy, I'd use him as the 6th OL and keep Richardson as starter at LT. he did great on Frank Clark and whoever else was lined up against him.

If Robinson can play, he needs to be our LT and Richardson should replace A.J. Cann @ RG. He gave up that pressure to which got NF7 injured.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-12-2019, 06:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: On his radio show, Brent Martineau says he saw Dareus hanging out at the practice field with a pretty substantial brace on his elbow. Martineau speculates Dareus will not play Sunday.

Wasn't Dareus practicing on a limited basis this week?
Hindsight 20-20: Dareus should’ve been cut and Gipson should’ve been retained.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

How does a lineman tweak a hamstring?

(09-13-2019, 08:41 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 06:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wasn't Dareus practicing on a limited basis this week?
Dareus cut? Strongly disagree.

He is by far our best run stopper.

(09-13-2019, 08:41 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 06:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Wasn't Dareus practicing on a limited basis this week?

I think you need a new prescription.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yan out. Bouye most likely out. Cam being held out.

Not the start you're hoping for.

(09-13-2019, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yan out. Bouye most likely out. Cam being held out.

This is directly the fault of Marrone for his weak [BLEEP] little training camp.

(09-13-2019, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yan out. Bouye most likely out. Cam being held out.

Cam is not out, he just isn't starting.

I hope Yannick isn't taking it easy. He did basically nothing in week 1 and now he has a soft tissue injury so who knows if he plays again this season.

Well, [BLEEP].

Oh man. This isn't how it was meant to start. The plan was to have everyone healthy, already missing 4 key players.

We need guys to step up. Allen, Bryan, Richardson, Cann. Time to earn that roster spot.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Cam is not out, he just isn't starting.

I hope Yannick isn't taking it easy. He did basically nothing in week 1 and now he has a soft tissue injury so who knows if he plays again this season.
[font=Times New Roman]
[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]@ESPNdirocco
[/font]
[/font]

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said that LT Cam Robinson (knee) is cleared to play but he will hold him out against the Texans. CB A.J. Bouye (hip), WR Marqise Lee (knee) are questionable.

(09-13-2019, 01:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Cam is not out, he just isn't starting.

[font=Times New Roman]
[/font]
[/font]

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said that LT Cam Robinson (knee) is cleared to play but he will hold him out against the Texans. CB A.J. Bouye (hip), WR Marqise Lee (knee) are questionable.

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...4919178241

who knows which is right

(09-13-2019, 01:42 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [font=Times New Roman]
[/font]
[/font]

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...4919178241

who knows which is right
I know DiRocco is right because the OLine is not the Dline. You don't just roll guys in and out of the lineup. If you don't start the game for the OLine, you don't come in unless someone is injured.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 02:03 PM by knarnn.)

Well at least Dareus is back?

As an aside: Yannick should’ve taken the extension offer.

Contract year + bum hamstring = no $$$
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So basically, on defense we get Dareus back but lose Ngakoue and Bouye.

On offense we are still stuck with Richardson and Cann at LT and RG respectively, and possibly without Lee. ( Oliver still out as well.)

Jags secondary will have its hands full Sunday in Houston. Hope they can establish a run game early and eat some clock in between taking shots at Houston’s suspect secondary. I think keeping Watson and his now healthy group of receivers off the field would be a good strategy.

(09-13-2019, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 01:42 PM)p_rushing Wrote: https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...4919178241

who knows which is right
I know DiRocco is right because the OLine is not the Dline. You don't just roll guys in and out of the lineup. If you don't start the game for the OLine, you don't come in unless someone is injured.

If Cann struggles, they could out him at LT to fix the RG position