Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democratic Debate in Houston

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 11:04 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

• Former Vice President Joe Biden
  • New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
  • South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg 
  • Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
  • California Sen. Kamala Harris
  • Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
  • Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
  • Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders 
  • Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren 
  • Andrew Yang, businessman

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2019, 11:04 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden
  • New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
  • South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg 
  • Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro
  • California Sen. Kamala Harris
  • Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
  • Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
  • Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders 
  • Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren 
  • Andrew Yang, businessman

And here's the group photo!

[Image: 3d00d384984886fcca9f38ff4318b61d.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They made sure Tulsi wouldn't be around to knee-cap another "top-tier candidate". She took down Kamala in like 2 minutes.

I guess this is supposed to be Liz Warren's big night. She's got her first lead in many polls and this is the first time she faces Uncle Joe and some of the other notable clowns.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 02:11 PM by mikesez.)

(09-12-2019, 02:00 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: They made sure Tulsi wouldn't be around to knee-cap another "top-tier candidate".  She took down Kamala in like 2 minutes.  

I guess this is supposed to be Liz Warren's big night.  She's got her first lead in many polls and this is the first time she faces Uncle Joe and some of the other notable clowns.

I think it's going to be Warren and Biden at the end, but I don't see that either of them has any incentive to rush to the end.

Both of them have a target on their backs, and the other 8 will be attacking them. The smart play for both Warren and Biden is to work behind the scenes to get more of the attacks from the other 8 focused on the other one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Will Elizabeth drink a beer before it?

I might try to stomach the "tax the rich" and "free stuff" rhetoric for a bit, but likely not for long.  There's a game on tonight.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Was a single question about the economy asked tonight? Asking for a friend.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 12:31 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-12-2019, 11:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Was a single question about the economy asked tonight? Asking for a friend.

They can't run/win on that so they'll avoid it like the plague and just promise you more "free" crap.

I had to turn it off early, after the 2nd blatant lie told about El Paso.  They blamed it on "Trump's racist rhetoric", but anyone who read the "manifesto" knew the shooter specifically said it was not about Trump and he felt this way long before Trump came along.  THE SHOOTER SAID WHAT TRIGGERED HIM WAS WATCHING 10 HANDS GO UP ON THE DEBATE STAGE WHEN THE QUESTION WAS ASKED, "WOULD YOUR HEALTH CARE PLAN COVER ILLEGAL ALIENS".  Now, I didn't really expect "Beto" to acknowledge that it was HIS TREASON that motivated the shooter, but it was sickening to watch him blame those deaths on a political enemy he KNEW was not the cause.

Of course Kamala assumed it was all about HER.  In her opening statement she spoke not to the moderators, candidates, people in the audience or even voters across the nation.  No, she is so triggered about Trump she believed Trump had tuned in just to watch her browbeat him, and once she did that she was now going to allow Trump to change the channel.  Later she had an elaborate build-up to an unfunny punchline about Trump being a "very small man", but the only one triggered was tiny moderator Stephanopoulos.

Eh, it doesn’t matter what Kamala or Beta says at this point. The Indian gal is getting the nomination.

(09-13-2019, 07:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Eh, it doesn’t matter what Kamala or Beta says at this point. The Indian gal is getting the nomination.

Help us Shrillary wan Clintoni! You're our only hope!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2019, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 07:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Eh, it doesn’t matter what Kamala or Beta says at this point. The Indian gal is getting the nomination.

“Of course. All it requires is a sizable donation to the Clintoni Death Star Foundation. Just reregister your support. Unfortunately, your old information was lost after our electronic records were accidentally acid washed and pulverized with a sledgehammer.”

(09-13-2019, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

This is the exact plan. Hillary will declare at the 11th hour, noting that the pre-primary campaign is a "getting-to-know-you" part of the race for lesser candidates, which she of course didn't need since she is so famous. Now Hillary and Warren have been conspiring in private. I can imagine how that went. Hillary says let's team up, with me as Prez and you as the Veep. Liz says why should I be the Veep when I'm the leading candidate and you aren't even in the race? Hillary says because you won't be the leading candidate the minute I announce my campaign. You can ride with me or get run over. Besides, I control the DNC. You want to end up like Bernie in 2016, cheated in every race and forced to endorse me at the convention? I will make a pledge to serve only 1 term, so you'll actually be the President-In-Waiting. We'll frame the narrative so that even the Deplorables will be too scared to vote against us.

(09-13-2019, 09:25 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Help us Shrillary wan Clintoni! You're our only hope!"

This is the exact plan.  Hillary will declare at the 11th hour, noting that the pre-primary campaign is a "getting-to-know-you" part of the race for lesser candidates, which she of course didn't need since she is so famous.  Now Hillary and Warren have been conspiring in private.  I can imagine how that went.  Hillary says let's team up, with me as Prez and you as the Veep.  Liz says why should I be the Veep when I'm the leading candidate and you aren't even in the race?  Hillary says because you won't be the leading candidate the minute I announce my campaign.  You can ride with me or get run over.  Besides, I control the DNC.  You want to end up like Bernie in 2016, cheated in every race and forced to endorse me at the convention?  I will make a pledge to serve only 1 term, so you'll actually be the President-In-Waiting.  We'll frame the narrative so that even the Deplorables will be too scared to vote against us.

I don’t think the Clintons are in the good graces of the left any longer. But then again, I don’t believe, at least Bill, want anything to do with the current fanaticism on display.

(09-13-2019, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:25 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: This is the exact plan.  Hillary will declare at the 11th hour, noting that the pre-primary campaign is a "getting-to-know-you" part of the race for lesser candidates, which she of course didn't need since she is so famous.  Now Hillary and Warren have been conspiring in private.  I can imagine how that went.  Hillary says let's team up, with me as Prez and you as the Veep.  Liz says why should I be the Veep when I'm the leading candidate and you aren't even in the race?  Hillary says because you won't be the leading candidate the minute I announce my campaign.  You can ride with me or get run over.  Besides, I control the DNC.  You want to end up like Bernie in 2016, cheated in every race and forced to endorse me at the convention?  I will make a pledge to serve only 1 term, so you'll actually be the President-In-Waiting.  We'll frame the narrative so that even the Deplorables will be too scared to vote against us.

I don’t think the Clintons are in the good graces of the left any longer. But then again, I don’t believe, at least Bill, want anything to do with the current fanaticism on display.

Do you think Clinton cares what "woke" Millennials want? She counts them as already on the plantation, a captured demographic. If it's a Clinton - Warren ticket, who will the hipsters vote for - Trump? Nope, they'll dutifully line up to vote for the old gasbag, if only to avoid the social stigma of not doing so.

O'Roarke is a complete joke. He is determined to start a civil war by stealing people's guns that they bought legally. That crap won't fly! If you start trying to steal guns from law abiding citizens, you're going to create a lot more bloodshed. You can't punish law abiding citizens for what a few nutbags do. He is just burying himself deeper and deeper. He has no clue.

(09-13-2019, 09:25 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Help us Shrillary wan Clintoni! You're our only hope!"

This is the exact plan.  Hillary will declare at the 11th hour, noting that the pre-primary campaign is a "getting-to-know-you" part of the race for lesser candidates, which she of course didn't need since she is so famous.  Now Hillary and Warren have been conspiring in private.  I can imagine how that went.  Hillary says let's team up, with me as Prez and you as the Veep.  Liz says why should I be the Veep when I'm the leading candidate and you aren't even in the race?  Hillary says because you won't be the leading candidate the minute I announce my campaign.  You can ride with me or get run over.  Besides, I control the DNC.  You want to end up like Bernie in 2016, cheated in every race and forced to endorse me at the convention?  I will make a pledge to serve only 1 term, so you'll actually be the President-In-Waiting.  We'll frame the narrative so that even the Deplorables will be too scared to vote against us.

Clinton is done for real this time.  She put her hat in early in 2008 and 2016.  Putting it in late this time around would be out of character for her.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I agree Clinton is done. The problem is that SHE doesn't agree.

I didn't watch it but I did record it just in case I ever got in the mood to watch it. Based on the analysis of the media outlets, I don't foresee myself watching it in the near future.