Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 2

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 05:03 AM by Bullseye. Edit Reason: Yexans actually lost last week. D'oh! And I watched them lose! )

You gotta hand it to my Jaguars.  When things go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong.  Last year, the team lost four of the five starting offensive linemen for the season by season's end.  On top of that, the team was reduced to its 4th LT for the second half of the season.  Ereck Flowers, the former bust of a first round pick of the Giants, who started last year as the Giants' RT wound up the Jaguars starting LT by midseason and for the rest of the year.  But with the start of a new year and the return to health of the offensive linemen, the Jaguars are ready to start anew...right?

Not so fast.

After the team being afraid Robinson might not be ready to return from the torn ACL he suffered against the Patriots about a year ago, his injured knee was deemed ready, only for him to hyper extend the other knee in a non contact drill days before the season opener.  His backup, former Bengals bust Ogbuehi, pulled a hamstring in the preseason.  So before a single regular season snap was had, the Jaguars were already down to their 3rd team LT, a guy who hasn't taken a regular season NFL snap and who hasn't played LT since high school.  Not to be deterred from topping that, newly signed free agent QB Nick Foles had his left clavicle broken not even a quarter into the first game of the season, to be lost a minimum of eight games.  To paraphrase a saying from an early childhood favorite Kermit the Frog, "It's not that easy being teal."

Anyway, on to the picks

Jaguars (0-1) at Texans (0-1)-To put a finer point in elaboration on the introduction above, the Jaguars are going into Houston in the Texans' home opener, with guys making their second ever starts at LT and RT, and a rookie making his first start at QB.  The analysis pretty much writes itself.  The Texans will blitz the Jaguars as soon as the team jet lands.  I think the Jaguars defense will have a better performance against Houston than they had against kansas City, but that isn't saying too much.  Watson and Hopkins are still capable of hitting big plays, and the defense has an uphill battle even if they keep the Texans' offense under reasonable control.  Texans win 23-13.

Colts (0-1) at Tacks (1-0)-In a battle of two gritty teams, the Colts continue to try to prove they are more than Andrew Luck as they go to Trashville to take on the tacks.  Tennessee has an uncanny knack for playing well when shorthanded.  Last year, they were missing both of their tackles and Mariota in early games, and they survived that stretch, beating Miami and Jacksonville on the road.  This year, missing their LT due to suspension and going up against a hungry and seemingly loaded Browns team, flat out embarrassed the trendy Browns in Cleveland.  Tennessee isn't the most glamorous team, but damn they epitomize spunk sometimes.  I suspect if I were watching this game without the utter contempt I have for these teams, I would really enjoy the game.  I am rooting for the Colts against the tacks in this game, but Tennessee wins 24-17.

Last week:  2-2
Overall:      2-2

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll take texans and titans.

Jaguars are right back in the toilet after one good year in 2017, nothing else to really be said.

The titans aren't that good but they should be a little better than the colts Sunday.

3-1 last week.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 03:35 PM by Cleatwood.)

Jags and Colts. 

3-1

tinhorns
tacks
Hate this week.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Tinhorns Over Jags
Tacks Over Indy
Last week 3-1
Overall 3-1
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Jags and tacks

2-0 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Texans and Titans.

3-1

Tinhorns
Tacks

3-1

(09-12-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags and Colts. 4 way tie!

My mistake...but this is not possible because the Texans are 0-1, not 1-0 as I erroneously posted.  At least one team is going to be winless after Sunday, so a 4 way tie will be impossible.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

3-1 last week.

I give the tinhorns the nod in our match, only because they are at home, and the Shew will be in his first road test. If our pass rush gets home early and often, I will be overjoyed to have made this call incorrectly.
stinkin tacks over the horsehoes, do the shoes give them a bigger test than the brownies did in week 1? That might say more about the Browns than either of these squads.

2-2 last week.

Jags, clots.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

3-1

tinhorns
flaming thumbtacks

1-3

Tinhorns and tacks

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 04:19 PM by snowwolf776.)

tittians,and texans

no way a team like jags who have no oline wins unless minshew runs for his life super well,and makes huge plays down the field. our qbs have no protection at all just ask foles. the defense is takeing the year off bacisly cause he knew the team was gonna stink. telvin smith is smart. he wasn't the whole defense,but a big part of the leader of the defense. Jags really miss poz more then anyone though. defense has declined since poz retired.

I also went 2-2 last week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Texans over the Jaguars
Colts over tittians

Last week: 4-0
Overall: 4-0
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

3-1 last week

Texans over Jaguars
Titans over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Winshew is going to lead us to glory.

Jags
Tacks

2-2

3-1

Texans over Jags
Titans over Colts
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Last week 2-2

We've wrecked the 'horns openers before....more sacks for our D and Minshew "does his thing" Jags by 7

clots and tacks ....ugh....that's a choice? - tacks i guess
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Texans and Colts.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.