Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Texans score predictions

(09-09-2019, 11:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We used to play 'Good Bortles, Bad Bortles' before every game. Now it's 'Good D, Bad D'.

Bradley's first few years, they still played Good D, Bad D; and Bortles broke Jags records with all the garbage time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Houston-42
Jax-14
Gonna be a long day.

in Houston, so give it to them, 24-20

I just hope Houston uses our preseason tape to prepare for Minshew.

No way Jags win this game.

Texans 28
Jags 17
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

24-14 Houston I just pray we don't let Hyde get off like last night. A win for me will be the D stuffing the run, getting a few sacks and holding them under 30. As for offense I'll be happy with a couple scoring drives. Sorry for sounding so defeated but this team has finally beat the kool aid out of me. I can't believe the hype again until they string some wins together.

Jags win BIG!!! 42-10. BOOM!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 10:21 AM by Kane.)

That Houston OL is still not impressive. Watson has a back thing now. Duke Johnson does not impress. And their D has a very good front 7, but their DBs are Jags cast offs and nothing special after watching last night.

That being said...

Houston 22
Jags 17

until I see otherwise, we're not good.

(09-10-2019, 09:44 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: 24-14 Houston I just pray we don't let Hyde get off like last night. A win for me will be the D stuffing the run, getting a few sacks and holding them under 30. As for offense I'll be happy with a couple scoring drives. Sorry for sounding so defeated but this team has finally beat the kool aid out of me. I can't believe the hype again until they string some wins together.

Hyde should be their #1 RB

He good

I believe in the stache so go Jags.

The Jags DLine is going to abuse the Texans. Ramsey will shadow Hopkins and I'm not worried about Hyde at all. I actually think the Jags matchup pretty well with the Texans.

I'll go with the Jags and the score being 27-24.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, it was week 1, against the Chiefs, it's not enough to judge this years team.

But damn did we get a sledgehammer right out the gate. Looks like Foles will be back around week 11. I'm hoping this team can use that as a target to keep us going.

I'd love Minshew to come out and carry on from week 1 but the O has to step up. How many push offs Hopkins can get away with will have an impact.

19-14 Jags. I hope.

I like how the expectations can vary so wildly just based on the last game played. I guess short sight is the best sight for Jag Fan. I believe the defense is capable of playing much better than they did last week (obviously) and are still one of the more talented lineups in the league. It's kind of a pick 'em game I think, with either team capable of winning. I'll say 20-17 Jags just 'cause.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019, 11:30 AM by JAllen#41.)

I think this game will be another tough outing.  Their top 3 WR threats vs our top 3 corners is all fine and good if it's just man coverage across the board, but that's not how it's going to play out.  We'll see how the defense works through its problems when running qtrs coverage.  I also hope Dareus plays because the run defense was not impressive vs KC, particularly when they ran at Bryan and Jones.  So ideally if we are going to go with the 3 man line with Yan standing or Josh alternating in a 3 pt stance vs standing, we need Dareus and Campbell in the middle.

I'm mostly concerned about the Safety play especially when we are playing qtrs coverage.  Another thing to factor here too is Watson's ability to move.  Gotta keep the lanes tight this week.

Offensively, I think this will be a tough outing for Jawaan Taylor.  I would add AJ Cann to that list but every outing is tough for him so this wouldn't be anything new LOL.  I fully anticipate Romeo to run a lot of press man this game to test Mishnew's arm vs tight windows.  While the Texans defense lost Clowney, they actually did a great job of putting the breaks on the Saints offense for the most part.  Romeo cost them the game at the end but they actually played really well vs the Saints and I don't see our offense anywhere near that.  I think it'll be another tough weekend, but we'll see.

I'm staying away from the actual score.. but I'll say:

Minshew gets his first 300 yard game with multiple TD's..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-09-2019, 11:35 PM)MojoKing Wrote: If the Defense can hold them to 13 points wee miiiiight just win 

I predict low scoring game , not gonna say who wins, because what’s the point of being right

No way in hell our current defense does that. Our defense is one of the worst in the NFL. Loaded with talent, but with stars who play emotionally and not cerebrally. And can’t tackle. And a bad DC. Our defense sucks.

(09-10-2019, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ramsey will shadow Hopkins
(09-10-2019, 11:22 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: How many push offs Hopkins can get away with will have an impact.

With Ramsey playing zone most of the time, he won't be close enough to be pushed off. The defensive coverage has to change.

(09-10-2019, 11:28 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I think this game will be another tough outing.  Their top 3 WR threats vs our top 3 corners is all fine and good if it's just man coverage across the board, but that's not how it's going to play out.  We'll see how the defense works through its problems when running qtrs coverage. 

I'm mostly concerned about the Safety play especially when we are playing qtrs coverage.  Another thing to factor here too is Watson's ability to move.  Gotta keep the lanes tight this week.

This is the biggest issue. Watson killed the safeties when they were in zone. They game planned to attack them and if the Jags play the same way, they will be exposed.

28-21 Jags.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

It is on the road so they will play better. Jaguars 21 - Texans 14
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 08:23 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Putting this in my formula

-Jags struggle against mobile Qb

-Jags have major injuries as usual while the texans are really healthy

-Wash keeps sticking with that generic outdated cover 3 scheme

-Jags defense just looked horrendous last week

-Texans just have more talent across the board this us.

-Relying on a 6th round rookie QB in week 2.

I predict a blowout.   Tin horns 45  Jags 20
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Jaguars 27-17

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 06:34 PM by Jags.)

Jags 24
Texans 17

Minshew goes 25/33 290 yds 2 tds 1 int and adds 10 notches on his bed post.

JJ Watt is revealed as being why Dorian never made landfall in Florida.  

Thanks JJ