Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is FSU's problem? It's embarrassing...

(09-23-2019, 04:17 PM)Kane Wrote: I'd love for someone to do the work to find out how many of today's NFL stars were 5* recruits out of high school.

This will give you a good idea

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...ft-history

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1938...ng-the-nfl

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-...117819292/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 04:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 10:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jimbo Fisher left FSU with the #3 recruiting class in 2015, the #2 recruiting class in 2016, and the #5 recruiting class in 2017.   He actually left the cupboard full of (37) 4 star and (10) 5 star recruits.  This was vastly greater than Boise State, ULM, and Virginia recruited during that period in time.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2015/...s/football

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2016/...s/football

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017/...s/football

I remember when Jeff Driskel was a 5* recruit for UF

I'd love for someone to do the work to find out how many of today's NFL stars were 5* recruits out of high school.

I mean... the coach staff still has to utilize and develop these kids correctly otherwise, their rankings comin' out of high school mean diddly squat.

Driskel sucked for UF but I don't think it was all his fault.

Florida State is quickly turning into the Tennessee of the ACC. Taggart sucks. That's there problem.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-28-2019, 09:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Florida State is quickly turning into the Tennessee of the ACC. Taggart sucks. That's there problem.

FSU has a long way to go to be UT.  They played hard the last two games.  Definitely more physical, ask Hockman.  I think theyll play Clemson close for a half, then who knows.

Florida State is a mediocre program that breeds divas and quitters. No college athlete worth half a damn should ever even consider playing at that dump. Cool uniforms though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not once has Taggart been seen coaching up a player during this game. Not once.
I’m tired of his emotionless, deer in the headlights posture during this or any other game. [BLEEP] chew someone’s [BLEEP]. Players, coaches, officials....ANYBODY!!!!!

The announcers are crucifying FSU, the talent, the coaches, the effort, the schemes, the culture, etc.

These boys need to get in the weight room. That means EVERYONE. This team was s playing hard. Light years better than last year.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 08:29 AM by BigJohn98.)

You really can't narrow it down to one thing. There are several reasons why FSU is in the position they are in today.

1. The administration is a joke.

Complete disfunction at the top. You don't have anyone in the administration who has a football-first mentality.

2. Jimbo Fisher

Yes, he helped resurrect this program, but he also drove it into the ground. After FSU won it all in 2013, he lost the fire. There was no more accountability within the program. He refused to make the necessary coaching changes. When Jeremy Pruitt left in the middle of the night, he panicked and promoted LB coach Charles Kelly to DC. That was mistake one. Mistake number two was not replacing Rick Trickett with a competent OL coach.

Fisher also refused to adapt to the times. He was stuck running an offense that belonged in the 90s. He refused to hire an OC, and refused to change any aspect of his offense. He was going to do things his way, regardless of if it worked or not.

His marital problems also threw a wrench into things, and I believe after that happened, he was just ready for a change.

During his last season, he had stopped recruiting, and you could tell he didn't really give a damn anymore. FSU's APR dropped to dead last in the country, as kids were not being held accountable for skipping class. There are rumors that he had been in contact with Texas A&M as early as the spring of 2017, months before the season even started. Once the season ended when Deondre Francois went down against Alabama, Fisher checked out.

3. Striking out at the most important positions in recruiting

It's no secret, FSU has struck out big time when it comes to finding a QB and finding offensive linemen. DeAndre Johnson was dismissed for punching a girl in the face. Deondre Johnson was a piece of crap, as was Malik Henry. That's three highly touted QBs and FSU went 0-3, which is why we are stuck with James Blackman and Alex Hornibrook. The OL struggles have been going on for years. For whatever reason, FSU just can not recruit elite OL, and never really developed linemen either.

4. Hiring Willie Taggart

Yes, Jimbo Fisher put FSU in this mess, but Taggart has done very little to improve on it. Yes, he's turned crappy programs around, but this hire is nothing short of a complete disaster. He had to scramble to hire coaches when he first got the job, and as a result, made terrible hires.

More often than not, this team has looked completely lost and outmatched. 96 year old Mack Brown had UNC one play away from beating the defending national champs. FSU has more talent than UNC, and looked like a high school team going up against Clemson. These players are not getting coached and developed properly. The overall team discipline is terrible, and our players have almost zero situational awareness. Dabo Swinney was tearing into a kicker for missing a chip shot when Clemson was up 28-0. Willie Taggart just stands there looking clueless.

Taggart seems like a great guy and I would love to see him right the ship, but if FSU doesn't fire him, it will cost them more money in the long run.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 02:13 PM by p_rushing.)

Fisher killed the program because he tried to do it all himself and refused to make the changes needed. Coaches left and he couldn't find replacements because the word was out on how he treated everyone. A&M is already starting to show signs of not being happy. Fisher's offense doesn't work without a top QB and his recruiting doesn't matter if he doesn't use the players talents or improve them. Fisher would have been fired if Dalvin Cook didn't make the terrible OLs he put out there look serviceable.

While WT hasn't been great, he has been willing to admit mistakes and make changes where needed. He didn't get the coaches he wanted and that hurt the performance a lot. The players were also so undisciplined that it took the whole year to change that. He also couldn't cut the players that were causing problems because of the APR. Cutting them would have pushed FSU into punishment range, so that's one of the reasons the QB issue was like that last year.

Leavitt has the defense playing better even though injuries are killing them.

WT isn't going to go anywhere because FSU doesn't have the buyout money. Leavitt will take over next season and that will be the true test next year. He will also have QBs that fit the offense.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk