Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

Fornett stinks He can’t make anybody miss

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pay the man...

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1196152048481382403

You know that when they put such weird qualifiers as 34.5 and 57 career games that they're trying to hide something, but we don't need an obscurely defined stat like that to know Yan is a boss.

Man this Yan dude is pretty good. Who'da thunk
hahahahaha

And still Fowler has better numbers lolololololololololol
He is tied at #41 in sacks hahaha, yeah, pay him 20+ million per year.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM by Mikey.)

(11-17-2019, 10:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:37 PM)Kane Wrote: Yan has more hurries, hits, pressures, career sacks, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, INTs, def TDs, solo tackles, TFLs, and pro bowl selections.

All in the same number of games played. Laughing

And who is having a better season right now?
Fowler has been better on games that matter, Yan disappears. His best games this season and been vs the worst teams in the league and vs backups  Laughing
Still haven't told me why is it that Fowler did clearly outplayed Yan in the playoffs in 2017. Also Fowler did great in the playoffs for the Rams

Laughing

Because of last year's overwhelmingly successful season, most of our schedule has been games 'vs the worst team in the league'.

Are we really THAT concerned with a dude's performance in one game nearly 2 seasons ago?

If we traded Yan to the Rams instead, are you saying that Fowler would be significantly better (and cheaper, mind you) than the guy who is already out-performing him?

(11-18-2019, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: You know that when they put such weird qualifiers as 34.5 and 57 career games that they're trying to hide something, but we don't need an obscurely defined stat like that to know Yan is a boss.

Yan only has 57 games in his career, so it's not entirely cherry-picked.

It's not like they're only referencing selected stats from specific games, like I don't know, 2017 or something.

(11-18-2019, 11:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 10:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And who is having a better season right now?
Fowler has been better on games that matter, Yan disappears. His best games this season and been vs the worst teams in the league and vs backups  Laughing
Still haven't told me why is it that Fowler did clearly outplayed Yan in the playoffs in 2017. Also Fowler did great in the playoffs for the Rams

Laughing

Because of last year's overwhelmingly successful season, most of our schedule has been games 'vs the worst team in the league'.

Are we really THAT concerned with a dude's performance in one game nearly 2 seasons ago?

If we traded Yan to the Rams instead, are you saying that Fowler would be significantly better (and cheaper, mind you) than the guy who is already out-performing him?

(11-18-2019, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: You know that when they put such weird qualifiers as 34.5 and 57 career games that they're trying to hide something, but we don't need an obscurely defined stat like that to know Yan is a boss.

It's not like they're only referencing selected stats from specific games, like I don't know, 2017 or something.

Fowler is having a better season
There's no much difference between them (I'd take Fowler though)
Neither is a top 10 pass rusher
Neither deserves 20+ million per year
Yan is good, not great

Is that clear enough or should I post it 20 times more?

(11-18-2019, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Because of last year's overwhelmingly successful season, most of our schedule has been games 'vs the worst team in the league'.

Yan is good, not great

Yan ranked 20 spots higher amonf edge defenders than fowler on PFF this year. Try again.

(11-18-2019, 11:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Fowler is having a better season
Yan is good, not great

Yan ranked 20 spots higher amonf edge defenders than fowler on PFF this year. Try again.

@....but what about that playoff game nearly 3 years ago?@

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 10:16 AM by Kane.)

(11-18-2019, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: Because of last year's overwhelmingly successful season, most of our schedule has been games 'vs the worst team in the league'.

Yan is good, not great

Yan is the better player. Period.
Fowler is having a better season now is you trying to move the goal posts on your argument.

But you keep posting the same drivel over and over, no one is paying you no mind.
You're wrong [mod edit]

(11-19-2019, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yan ranked 20 spots higher amonf edge defenders than fowler on PFF this year. Try again.

@....but what about that playoff game nearly 3 years ago?@

What about this season? Who has more sacks?

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 11:51 AM by Kane.)

(11-19-2019, 11:19 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 09:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: @....but what about that playoff game nearly 3 years ago?@

What about this season? Who has more sacks?

but what about what about what about......

just so you know... Fowler is playing WILL linebacker in a 34 front, with aaron donald at DT, Brockers at DE, and Clay Matthews opposite him.

So comparing a 34 rush backer in a different scheme isn't really the same.
But Fowler has 1.5 sacks more this season (that's not a huge difference especially for a 34 rush backer) Yan has more career sacks. FFs, INTs.... pretty much everything.
Yan is the better player (for less money currently to boot)

You keep digging your own hole. You've never been more wrong. Yan is the better player.

(11-19-2019, 11:50 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 11:19 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What about this season? Who has more sacks?

but what about what about what about......

just so you know... Fowler is playing WILL linebacker in a 34 front, with aaron donald at DT, Brockers at DE, and Clay Matthews opposite him.

But Fowler has 1.5 sacks more this season (that's not a huge difference especially for a 34 rush backer) Yan has more career sacks. FFs, INTs.... pretty much everything.

You keep digging your own hole. You've never been more wrong. Yan is the better player.

He sure doesn't show it.

And just LOL at Fowler being a 3-4 will xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This thread is kinda making me hope they pay him like $25m/year lol.

(11-19-2019, 04:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 11:50 AM)Kane Wrote: but what about what about what about......

He sure doesn't show it.

And just LOL at Fowler being a 3-4 will xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well ya know... that's what they list him as... sooooo

(11-19-2019, 05:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: This thread is kinda making me hope they pay him like $25m/year lol.

If the rams pay Fowler that much they're insane.  Yann shouldn't be paid that much but Fowler shouldn't as well.  Whoever does that should be thrown in the dumpter at their respective stadium.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Water isn't wet! I dare you bunch of losers to prove me wrong.

I promise you will lose because I already said "water isn't wet."

(11-20-2019, 03:28 PM)scottyg Wrote: Water isn't wet!  I dare you bunch of losers to prove me wrong.

I promise you will lose because I already said "water isn't wet."

75% of this board right here.

I have not watched Fowler this year. I can’t comment if he is playing better or worse than his stats. From what I’ve seen Yan has applied good pressure (better than his sacks would indicate).

In 9 games he has:
22 solo tackles, 5 sacks, 3PD, 1 Int, 1TD, 2FF

Fowler has in 10 games:
21 solo tackles, 6.5 sacks, 2PD, 0 Int, 1TD*, 1FF
*NFL only shows TD off int for some stupid reason so I fixed this.

They look pretty similar to me statistically. The difference is Fowler is on pace for his best year and Yan is on pace for just an OK year for him. If I were to invest in one I would take the proven commodity and feel good that his production will stay strong.