Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

(09-29-2019, 10:09 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This organization doesn't reward players that hold out, act like divas, make it about themselves. If he'd have just been a pro he would have been paid by now.

The dispute isn't because he is holding out or acting like a diva. The stalemate is because Yan and the organization are off by $1-2 million/year. Either way, he is hurting his value with his lack of production this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-29-2019, 10:09 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: This organization doesn't reward players that hold out, act like divas, make it about themselves. If he'd have just been a pro he would have been paid by now.

He turned down a great offer. If he was just smart he'd have been paid.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2019, 10:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

He turned down a great offer. If he was just smart he'd have been paid.

did you get details on the structure, money at signing and fully guaranteed money in the end

And until today Von Miller hadn't done anything either. That's how it can go for EDGEs.

We should all stay talking [BLEEP]. I hope they do see this [BLEEP]. Whatever works. I'll nitpick anybody even if they put up a 50 burger on a team that was in the Superbowl back in February.

There's always room for improvement. Do your job. Conley quit on his route on that opening drive. Could have been a 90+ yard franchise setting receiving record.

Herndon played like [BLEEP]. The offensive tackles played like [BLEEP]. Fournette needs to run his [BLEEP] through people and finish in the endzone instead of selling us short. He dropped weight for what? He was faster with the weight on him two years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-29-2019, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He turned down a great offer. If he was just smart he'd have been paid.

did you get details on the structure, money at signing and fully guaranteed money in the end

If he blew off a reasonable offer, while he's spending another year at a 3rd round pick salary, then the two sides have to be very far apart.   

For example, if we had offered $18 million a year, and right now I'm assuming he's making less than a million a year, then he's blowing off $17 million.  Spread that over a hypothetical 4 year deal, and it's over $4 million a year.  So if everyone is thinking logically, then the two sides have to be over $4 million per year apart.  

For example, 18 + 18 + 18 + 18 = 72
                     1 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 61

I don't understand how he could have turned down a reasonable deal, when the alternative is to stay on his rookie contract for another year.

Yan was never as good as you all made him out to be, so this comes as no surprise. And spare me the 'he's injured' crap. This team is always extra careful with hamstring injuries, so they'd never send him out there if there was any doubt about his health there.

(10-01-2019, 06:34 AM)rocdee Wrote: Yan was never as good as you all made him out to be, so this comes as no surprise. And spare me the 'he's injured' crap. This team is always extra careful with hamstring injuries, so they'd never send him out there if there was any doubt about his health there.
hahahahah You serious, Clark?

They rushed Fournette back last year and then he re-injured it.

If this was week 9 i would be concerned.

For all the Wanabee GM’s who criticize the front office for paying Bortles after he appeared to take the next step and insecure the starting position, Are you ready to eat some crow now that you screamed at the front office for not paying Yan? I’m not defending the Bortles contract I’m just saying these things happen and it’s not always the general managers fault they did offer Yan a 19 mill contract and if he took it and continue to play like he has once again it would’ve backfired on them . Yan’s agent should’ve told him to take the contract the same money may not be on the table should his season be less productive this year. I hope Yan Get his game back on track and receive a contract appropriate for his play.

I love stupid takes like this from people who don't watch football.

(10-01-2019, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 06:34 AM)rocdee Wrote: Yan was never as good as you all made him out to be, so this comes as no surprise. And spare me the 'he's injured' crap. This team is always extra careful with hamstring injuries, so they'd never send him out there if there was any doubt about his health there.

The history of this regime is to be very careful with the Hamstring muscle. Marqise Lee, Josh Oliver, etc. etc. Fournette is the outlier.

No matter what, in the back of Yans mind there is the haunting knowledge that he could have been making 19 million this year and instead he is making 2. I believe that will impact ones play at a sub conscience level.

He really should fire his agent and then sue him for blatant incompetence.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-01-2019, 09:29 AM)Jagwired Wrote: No matter what, in the back of Yans mind there is the haunting knowledge that he could have been making 19 million this year and instead he is making 2. I believe that will impact ones play at a sub conscience level.

He really should fire his agent and then sue him for blatant incompetence.

Agreed, bro. He balked at 19 million. That's wild.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 09:57 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-29-2019, 10:24 PM)Upper Wrote: And until today Von Miller hadn't done anything either. That's how it can go for EDGEs.

Except 

Miller has 2 sacks now
Miller has 7 seasons with 10+ sacks (Yan has one lol)
Miller has 4 seasons with 13+ sacks (Yan has none)
Miller had 18.5 sacks in his second year

Yan is good, not great.

19 million was way too much for him anyway. He is not top 10, maybe not even top 15 pass rusher in the league.

He's not even the best pass rusher on his own team and he balked @ 19 million.

I thought Ngakoue was a saint and a true pro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRarbJuWBVk

And Fowler, while not doing great, is still having a better season than Yan lol.

(10-01-2019, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

More to the point, you can't "play through" a hamstring issue without injuring it more severely.  Same with a calf strain.  If he's playing and it hasn't blown up, his hamstring is fine.

(10-01-2019, 09:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:24 PM)Upper Wrote: And until today Von Miller hadn't done anything either. That's how it can go for EDGEs.

Except 

Miller has 2 sacks now
Miller has 7 seasons with 10+ sacks (Yan has one lol)
Miller has 4 seasons with 13+ sacks (Yan has none)
Miller had 18.5 sacks in his second year

Yan is good, not great.

19 million was way too much for him anyway. He is not top 10, maybe not even top 15 pass rusher in the league.

Mostly agree although last year there was an argument for top 10. This year it's looking like he may have cost himself a lot of money in his next contract. Either he got some really bad advice from his agent or he has an inflated sense of his ability. Still, I'd rather have him than not, he's a good player.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-01-2019, 10:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I thought Ngakoue was a saint and a true pro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRarbJuWBVk

And Fowler, while not doing great, is still having a better season than Yan lol.

I wanted fowler to stay but the majority said he was a cancer and yann was better and picked later.  I'm still keeping an eye on him with LA but the season is just getting started.  Yann has to prove it for himself and for his pay upgrade, we'll see.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.