Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 11:48 AM by Hurricane.)

ITS WEEK 4!

Everyone freaks out so quickly. Week 4 and Yan has sat out a game. Big deal. Theres a long season left.

Miller and Chubb neither had done anything until this past week. People have bad games. Judge the proven players at the end of the season, not at the beginning.
In Dougie I Trust!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm still hopeful that Yan will sign the deal if it's still on the table. My guess is his hammy is hindering him the most but that lost payday sure ain't helping.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He might show up on the stat sheet this Sunday against Carolina. I wouldn't panic with him. He's too good of a worker in the off season not to eventually make an impact. Kyle Allen put the ball on the ground three times during their win over the tinhorns on Sunday and he lost all three of them. Credit to Carolina's defense though for holding Watson and the tinhorns to 10 points.

This is going to be a slug fest. I can't wait for kick-off already. It'll be a good test to go up against McCaffrey and it'll be a tough test for Minshew against this defense. Just hope the pass protection gets shored up during practice this week. That's got to be fixed quickly.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...03296?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 12:53 PM by JackCity.)

(10-01-2019, 06:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: did you get details on the structure, money at signing and fully guaranteed money in the end

If he blew off a reasonable offer, while he's spending another year at a 3rd round pick salary, then the two sides have to be very far apart.   

For example, if we had offered $18 million a year, and right now I'm assuming he's making less than a million a year, then he's blowing off $17 million.  Spread that over a hypothetical 4 year deal, and it's over $4 million a year.  So if everyone is thinking logically, then the two sides have to be over $4 million per year apart.  

For example, 18 + 18 + 18 + 18 = 72
                     1 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 61

I don't understand how he could have turned down a reasonable deal, when the alternative is to stay on his rookie contract for another year.

That's why all of those details above matter. For all we know the contract they offered was a 2 year deal with a team option and less favourable terms on the last year's. That'd be a good reason not to sign any deal. Or the money up front could have been awful, which would be fairly disrespectful in terms of contract talk.  

We don't actually have any idea if what he was offered was fair or not.

NFL fans saying players turned down a great deal without actually knowing anything important about the deal offered <<<

All we know is what was rumored. If the rumor was true he made a mistake not taking it

When was the last time Yan made a game-changing play? Even last year he had very few strip-sacks.

If I was the FO I'd be thinking about a modest extension for Smoot and just let Yan walk next year. Not paying a giant contract to Yan lets us keep Calias in 2020 also.

(10-01-2019, 12:01 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...03296?s=21

I see the double team on him and it was a quick strike play.  Either he gets a sack, or flacco throws it out the end zone over his receiver.  He did provide pressure and the pocket closed quickly.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-01-2019, 12:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All we know is what was rumored.  If the rumor was true he made a mistake not taking it

We didn't even get the important details in the rumoured offer

Doesnt matter, the rumor was over 19 mil a year over 50 mil in the first 2 years. He should of took that if true

(10-01-2019, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Doesnt matter, the rumor was over 19 mil a year over 50 mil in the first 2 years.  He should of took that if true

Try telling any agent or player it doesn't matter what the total structure, total guarantees , money up front or offsets are.

(10-01-2019, 01:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Doesnt matter, the rumor was over 19 mil a year over 50 mil in the first 2 years.  He should of took that if true

Try telling any agent or player it doesn't matter what the total structure, total guarantees , money up front or offsets are.

So basically you're assuming that we were lowballing him and trying to give him a deal with horrible guarantees and/or upfront money.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(10-01-2019, 01:28 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Try telling any agent or player it doesn't matter what the total structure, total guarantees , money up front or offsets are.

So basically you're assuming that we were lowballing him and trying to give him a deal with horrible guarantees and/or upfront money.

Nope. 

I'm saying its impossible to judge how good of an offer it was without those important details.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 02:58 PM by The Real Marty.)

(10-01-2019, 01:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:28 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: So basically you're assuming that we were lowballing him and trying to give him a deal with horrible guarantees and/or upfront money.

Nope. 

I'm saying its impossible to judge how good of an offer it was without those important details.

That's why I said IF he turned down the rumored offer, then the two sides have to be very far apart, because mathematically, it makes no sense to turn it down.  Unless there are some huge differences somewhere.

(10-01-2019, 12:01 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...03296?s=21

Yep. They were just a few seconds shy from getting him. Allen and Ngakoue got close. Wish Hayden would have [BLEEP] clobbered him on his free blitz for a turnover. We're getting closer. Maybe it's just the altitude in Denver. Carolina should be a little bit easier on them. My main concerns is just gap control and not over pursuing. I think Norv Turner is already looking to take advantage of Williams and Jack's speed. I expect counter runs, quick screens and slant / drag routes (pick plays too if Ramsey is cleared to play) to free them up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He should fire his agent. What a stupid person.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-01-2019, 02:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 01:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nope. 

That's why I said IF he turned down the rumored offer, then the two sides have to be very far apart, because mathematically, it makes no sense to turn it down.  Unless there are some huge differences somewhere.

We don't even know if the rumoured offer makes sense mathematically without those details. And I'd say its likely it was the team who leaked the offer making it even more nebulous again. 

We'll find out what's up in the offseason

(10-01-2019, 03:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 02:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's why I said IF he turned down the rumored offer, then the two sides have to be very far apart, because mathematically, it makes no sense to turn it down.  Unless there are some huge differences somewhere.

We don't even know if the rumoured offer makes sense mathematically without those details. And I'd say its likely it was the team who leaked the offer making it even more nebulous again. 

Considering the contract that Jack just got, you can't convince me that Yan got a crappy offer.

(10-01-2019, 03:50 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 03:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: We don't even know if the rumoured offer makes sense mathematically without those details. And I'd say its likely it was the team who leaked the offer making it even more nebulous again. 

Considering the contract that Jack just got, you can't convince me that Yan got a crappy offer.

He's not trying to convince anyone of that.

Jack City is dead right, without knowing the actual details of the offered contract, nobody can definitively say whether it was good or bad.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-01-2019, 04:30 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 03:50 PM)scottyg Wrote: Considering the contract that Jack just got, you can't convince me that Yan got a crappy offer.

He's not trying to convince anyone of that.

Jack City is dead right, without knowing the actual details of the offered contract, nobody can definitively say whether it was good or bad.

History tells us that this FO doesn't play games with contracts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato