Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

(10-01-2019, 04:30 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 03:50 PM)scottyg Wrote: Considering the contract that Jack just got, you can't convince me that Yan got a crappy offer.

He's not trying to convince anyone of that.

Jack City is dead right, without knowing the actual details of the offered contract, nobody can definitively say whether it was good or bad.

Yes we can.

He is being paid $2 million. Whatever the terms of the deal, he isn't making up the money he lost this season. Even if the deal had $0 in guaranteed money, it was stupid to not sign.

Just sign and then holdout to get a different deal the next year. He won't ever make up the money he lost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Jags made another offer during this season that will be just a tad sweeter. Maybe an additional year in length. Money will probably remain at the same or a wee bit higher scale. Maybe a really easy incentive to reach.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-01-2019, 07:58 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Jags made another offer during this season that will be just a tad sweeter. Maybe an additional year  in length. Money will probably remain at the same or a wee bit higher scale. Maybe a really easy incentive to reach.

Hurt or not, he has to live up to it first

(10-01-2019, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 07:58 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I would not be surprised in the slightest if the Jags made another offer during this season that will be just a tad sweeter. Maybe an additional year  in length. Money will probably remain at the same or a wee bit higher scale. Maybe a really easy incentive to reach.

Hurt or not, he has to live up to it first

Nah.  He's played well for us up until the last 4 games.  He's earned a good contract.  And signing him helps mitigate any bad narrative among players created by the Ramsey saga.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-01-2019, 08:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hurt or not, he has to live up to it first

Nah.  He's played well for us up until the last 4 games.  He's earned a good contract.  And signing him helps mitigate any bad narrative among players created by the Ramsey saga.

So give him a 20+ mil extension no matter how he plays this year because he played good the last few years for us?  That's not how it works.  And we arent going to sign a player just to try to look for other players lol.  They are going to have to earn it.

(10-01-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Nah.  He's played well for us up until the last 4 games.  He's earned a good contract.  And signing him helps mitigate any bad narrative among players created by the Ramsey saga.

So give him a 20+ mil extension no matter how he plays this year because he played good the last few years for us?  That's not how it works.  And we arent going to sign a player just to try to look for other players lol.  They are going to have to earn it.

Until we know that his ho-hum performance is not attributable to injury, we have to believe he's the same guy he's been.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-01-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 08:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Nah.  He's played well for us up until the last 4 games.  He's earned a good contract.  And signing him helps mitigate any bad narrative among players created by the Ramsey saga.

I hear you.  Some of these fans get drunk off the koolaid.  If he ends up having a mediocre year it's no doubt going to cost him money.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-01-2019, 09:23 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So give him a 20+ mil extension no matter how he plays this year because he played good the last few years for us?  That's not how it works.  And we arent going to sign a player just to try to look for other players lol.  They are going to have to earn it.

Until we know that his ho-hum performance is not attributable to injury, we have to believe he's the same guy he's been.

Because usually he gets a sack every game right? oh wait he only got 9.5 sacks last year and he got outplayed in the playoffs by Fowler...

even with a hamstring injury, there was one play that was a screen to the RB that he chases down with pure hustle and saved what would have been a HUGE gain with the Broncos already at midfield. I don't buy the argument he hasn't been playing well. He could've easily let someone else make the play but his motor always runs hot, he plays with heart, he gets better and better at pass rush moves, he's been beyond productive, he deserves to be given the bag along with Ramsey; that should've been priority 2 and 3 last offseason after inking Foles.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We all pretty much agree sacks isn't the best indicator at telling if the player is rushing the passer well. Pressures is very important. Ngakoue has played 3 games and in those 3 games has a grand total of 3 pressures. Allen leads the team with 15, with Calais backing him up with 11. Surprisingly at 3 is Bryan with 9 pressures. He is playing well. Ngakoue though, is not playing well at all. Last season, Ngakoue ended #4 in the league with 51 pressures. Could be a big mistake on his part not taking the contract (although we have no idea what the actual contract looked like).

Source for statistics incase anyone is interested: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...vanced.htm

(10-02-2019, 04:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We all pretty much agree sacks isn't the best indicator at telling if the player is rushing the passer well. Pressures is very important. Ngakoue has played 3 games and in those 3 games has a grand total of 3 pressures. Allen leads the team with 15, with Calais backing him up with 11. Surprisingly at 3 is Bryan with 9 pressures. He is playing well. Ngakoue though, is not playing well at all. Last season, Ngakoue ended #4 in the league with 51 pressures. Could be a big mistake on his part not taking the contract (although we have no idea what the actual contract looked like).

Source for statistics incase anyone is interested: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...vanced.htm

That's pathetic lol.

Yet he wants 20+ millions per year Rolleyes

(10-02-2019, 04:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: We all pretty much agree sacks isn't the best indicator at telling if the player is rushing the passer well. Pressures is very important. Ngakoue has played 3 games and in those 3 games has a grand total of 3 pressures. Allen leads the team with 15, with Calais backing him up with 11. Surprisingly at 3 is Bryan with 9 pressures. He is playing well. Ngakoue though, is not playing well at all. Last season, Ngakoue ended #4 in the league with 51 pressures. Could be a big mistake on his part not taking the contract (although we have no idea what the actual contract looked like).

This, it's not about the sack number

He will get about 16 million a year with his decline in free agency. 19 million a year is generous for sub elite level pass rusher in the likes of Ryan Kerrigan .

He's probably pressing at this point. He swatted a pass last game and celebrated like it was a sack fumble. I think he's feeling the pressure. I really hope he gets back to form because right now the front four haven't looked that formidable other than against the tacks.

(10-02-2019, 08:06 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: He will get about 16 million a year with his decline in free agency. 19 million a year is generous for sub elite level pass rusher in the likes of Ryan Kerrigan .

They way he's played the first 4 games, 16 mil would be a stretch. I know he's a little banged up and he has made a couple of nice plays but he's not impressing anyone this year so far. My guess is he ultimately resigns with the Jags for 4 years, < 50 million with 20 guaranteed. He should have taken the off-season offer.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 01:34 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Tyson Alualu has more sacks than Ngakoue this year. It will stay that way as long as we're playing soft zone coverage and just rushing the front 4. We get somewhat close but Flacco's first read was open all day.
No pain, no gain.

Bump for 2 weeks in a row of OP anti-jinxing players.

(10-07-2019, 07:37 PM)rufftime Wrote: Bump for 2 weeks in a row of OP anti-jinxing players.

Doubt he gets more than 10 sacks for the season

(10-08-2019, 12:42 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 07:37 PM)rufftime Wrote: Bump for 2 weeks in a row of OP anti-jinxing players.

Doubt he gets more than 10 sacks for the season

Maybe not, but why dog a player that has given us good production over his career in Jax? I think in general you have tendency to make extreme and often negative statements.

Would you rather be wrong and have Fournette and Yan Have great years or they have terrible years but you’re right about it?

(10-08-2019, 03:47 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:42 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Doubt he gets more than 10 sacks for the season

Maybe not, but why dog a player that has given us good production over his career in Jax?  I think in general you have tendency to make extreme and often negative statements.  

Would you rather be wrong and have Fournette and Yan Have great years or they have terrible years but you’re right about it?

Far from it. I am a realist and call it as it is.

Gene Smith was garbage
JDR was mediocre
Caldwell is average
Marrone is average
Wash is garbage
Yan is good, not great, should get 16 million per year at most
Fournette has been mediocre for most of his career. He's had 2 good games this year, I hope he keeps it up but it is clear he was a reach and not even the 2nd best RB in his class.
Jack didn't deserve a big extension yet
Lee is mediocre
Westbrook is average
Chark is good maybe he can be great
Minshew looks awesome could become a top 5 QB
DeFilippo has been great

2017 You didn't see me complain a lot because the team was good, I supported the team on the playoffs especially because Bortles did play good enough in those games, I didn't talk crap about him at that time.

I am not gonna cheer for mediocre players, not gonna stay quiet when someone sucks (like Norwell who is getting paid a lot and just flat out sucks).