Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

How does a coach have a 250 pound bruiser that runs a 4.5 only give him the ball 11 times????

How?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2019, 02:47 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: How does a coach have a 250 pound bruiser that runs a 4.5 only give him the ball 11 times????

How?

They gave him the ball 16 times technically, but they also got behind on the scoreboard and had to pass more often in the second half. 

It's funny because the gameday thread was littered with people losing their minds every time he took a handoff.

I would have leaned on 27 more today. 11 carries for the 2nd leading rusher in the league...that’s just absurd. This OC Guy was awful today.

(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have leaned on 27 more today. 11 carries for the 2nd leading rusher in the league...that’s just absurd. This OC Guy was awful today.

The problem wasn't that they didn't give it to him enough. They put themselves in a 2nd down and 9 hole many times thanks to giving it to Fournette.

(11-03-2019, 03:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have leaned on 27 more today. 11 carries for the 2nd leading rusher in the league...that’s just absurd. This OC Guy was awful today.

The problem wasn't that they didn't give it to him enough. They put themselves in a 2nd down and 9 hole many times thanks to giving it to Fournette.

Twice, if you bother to count. 

Fournette ran for less than 3 yards 4 times and two of those were for 1 yard.

(11-03-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 03:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The problem wasn't that they didn't give it to him enough. They put themselves in a 2nd down and 9 hole many times thanks to giving it to Fournette.

It sure felt like it was a million.

(11-03-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 03:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The problem wasn't that they didn't give it to him enough. They put themselves in a 2nd down and 9 hole many times thanks to giving it to Fournette.

I’m with you, I actually think he looked sharp today, just the play calling was soooo bad...it’s just constantly down the middle...

It’s not on Fournette. He’s not gaining the 1 yarders bc he’s bad. They can’t run off the right side for nothing. All of his big runs are to the left.

RG and RT needs to step it up. It’s killing our offensive rhythm.

(11-03-2019, 05:20 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 03:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Twice, if you bother to count. 

I’m with you, I actually think he looked sharp today, just the play calling was soooo bad...it’s just constantly down the middle...

I like DeFilippo and think he's getting too much flack for today's game in general, but if I have a complaint it's that his run playbook doesn't feature enough misdirection and they do occasionally "go to the well" a bit too often with certain Fournette run plays.

It's that stubborn "impose your will" approach that I think may be a Marrone trait and it's awesome when it works, incredibly frustrating when it doesn't.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 06:08 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(11-03-2019, 03:09 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

They are teeing off on Fournette bc they know flip ain’t gonna do anything sexy on first down.

Hey diddle diddle Leonard up the middle. 

Where’s the reverses, the screens, WR screens, motion, RPO etc. ?

So frustrating man. Put Minshew in the gun and RPO like Texans do with Watson. Like Seattle does with Russ.

I hate to say this but Flip is the reason we didn’t beat Houston the first time.

How about the toss sweep on the one yard line vs Jets. That was almost a disaster but Minshew found Chark for a TD the next play.

Flip had a bad day today. We will see how he rebounds.

(11-03-2019, 06:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

They are teeing off on Fournette bc they know flip ain’t gonna do anything sexy on first down.

Hey diddle diddle Leonard up the middle. 

Where’s the reverses, the screens, WR screens, motion, RPO etc. ?

So frustrating man. Put Minshew in the gun and RPO like Texans do with Watson. Like Seattle does with Russ.

How many times do you think they ran Leonard up the middle on first down today? 

(it was 5 if we count everything between the tackles and three of those five were for acceptable yardage. 4, 5 and 11 yards)

Have you not seen the WR screens the past three weeks? There have been quite a few.

I guess his timing is off. Like the toss sweep vs the Jets. Up in Houston I’d like to have that play call back to win the game.

Wheres the love?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.