Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

Jordan Howard blows but I was repeatedly told he’s light years better than 3.0nnette or whatever stupid name they had for him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

4nette is ballin right now. Running very hard. Hopefully we can lock him down and be solid at the rb position

Here’s Upper’s crystal clear 2019 projection lolol

Yes I would absolutely take Cohen/Montgomery, Carson/Penny/McKissic, Howard/Sanders, and Mixon/Bernard over what we have

Not a single one of those has been better

(10-20-2019, 11:57 PM)JNev Wrote: Here’s Upper’s crystal clear 2019 projection lolol

Yes I would absolutely take Cohen/Montgomery, Carson/Penny/McKissic, Howard/Sanders, and Mixon/Bernard over what we have

Montgomery blows, Carson is pretty talented, but I think your right. He's producing.

(10-20-2019, 11:57 PM)JNev Wrote: Here’s Upper’s crystal clear 2019 projection lolol

They must not have read their spider charts.

(10-20-2019, 11:48 PM)D-Money Wrote: 4nette is ballin right now. Running very hard. Hopefully we can lock him down and be solid at the rb position

I would hesitate to give a 2nd contract to a RB.  Especially one who runs the way Fournette does.  He will not have a long career the way he runs.  

Besides, isn't this just his 3rd season?  He has one more year on his contract after this season, and then if we want we can franchise him.  By then, he will have had so many hard collisions...

Where's the TDs?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 08:04 AM by Eric1.)

(10-21-2019, 06:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 11:48 PM)D-Money Wrote: 4nette is ballin right now. Running very hard. Hopefully we can lock him down and be solid at the rb position

I would hesitate to give a 2nd contract to a RB.  Especially one who runs the way Fournette does.  He will not have a long career the way he runs.  

Besides, isn't this just his 3rd season?  He has one more year on his contract after this season, and then if we want we can franchise him.  By then, he will have had so many hard collisions...

Fournette has the rest of this year, which he's making over $7m.

He also has next year, which he's set to make over $8m.

Then we have the 5th year option.. Which he could make another huge amount of money.

There's no reason to pay/re-sign Fournette any time soon. He's already making a lot of money.. With the 5th year option, we got him for another 2 1/2 seasons. There's no reason to give him a new deal. Run his [BLEEP] into the ground and address the situation in 2 1/2 years, if it gets that far/he proves it.

You left out about 10 other backs but you nailed it lol

I would try my hardest trade him while he has value. My eyes don’t see a dynamic running back built for long term success.

(10-21-2019, 09:22 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: I would try my hardest trade him while he has value. My eyes don’t see a dynamic running back built for long term success.

I don't entirely disagree, I don't see a game changing generational back, but right now he's a very good downhill bruiser.   He's on track for 1500 plus yards and will only benefit from the chark effect.  That's quality from a starter even if it's not LT free Taylor's quality.

(10-21-2019, 09:22 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: I would try my hardest trade him while he has value. My eyes don’t see a dynamic running back built for long term success.

Sure, he has value.  But he has value to us, too.  Why trade a guy when you're just going to have to replace him?  We have him for at least 1-1/2 more years, and maybe 2-1/2.

Youre better off letting him walk after the 5th year and getting whatever comp pick then trying to trade him.

His play for 2.5 years + comp pick has more value than what you can get in a trade.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 09:59 AM by Jags32250.)

(10-21-2019, 09:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Sure, he has value.  But he has value to us, too.  Why trade a guy when you're just going to have to replace him?  We have him for at least 1-1/2 more years, and maybe 2-1/2.
Honestly, because we aren’t winning the super bowl this year and that’s the eventual goal! The way I see it through my armchair GM eyes.

(10-21-2019, 09:40 AM)jagshype Wrote: Youre better off letting him walk after the 5th year and getting whatever comp pick then trying to trade him.

His play for 2.5 years + comp pick has more value than what you can get in a trade.

I guess I don’t have faith he’ll be good/healthy for 2.5 years. But I understand your point.

(10-21-2019, 09:58 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 09:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, he has value.  But he has value to us, too.  Why trade a guy when you're just going to have to replace him?  We have him for at least 1-1/2 more years, and maybe 2-1/2.
Honestly, because we aren’t winning the super bowl this year and that’s the eventual goal! The way I see it through my armchair GM eyes.

(10-21-2019, 09:40 AM)jagshype Wrote: Youre better off letting him walk after the 5th year and getting whatever comp pick then trying to trade him.

I guess I don’t have faith he’ll be good/healthy for 2.5 years. But I understand your point.

Physically/conditioning he looks fantastic.
As long he leads that offensive line and holds them accountable for giving him some room, he will produce. Its good to see Fournette have a high demand of his OLine and recognizing he needs their help.
I noticed he was making protection calls. Really enjoying him taking his game to another level physically and mentally

He wont play on the 5th year, it will be a holdout for a new contract. The "talk" of it will start next offseason/preseason. Nothing bad there, as its probably what 99% of players would do.

https://twitter.com/hayscarlyon/status/1...61920?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-21-2019, 10:34 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/hayscarlyon/status/1...61920?s=21

Fournette is exceeding my personal expectations right now. I think he is probably underrated by most fans. He has been carrying a lot of weight for this offense, both in rushing and pass protection.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 10:51 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

We are 2 games out of the Division lead and play Indy 2 more times this season.

You mean you want to pretty much throw away this season by turning the critical RB duties over a less than average RB in  Ryquell Armstead and some dude named Tyler Ervin ?

Glad you're not our GM.  You obviously are not a season ticket holder because nobody vested in this team wants to tank the season when they are 2 games out and only 40% into the season.  If you're going to trade him, do it in the offseason when we can prepare to replace him with a veteran RB (Kareem Hunt) and a 2nd year Armstead

(10-21-2019, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

We are 2 games out of the Division lead and play Indy 2 more times this season.

You mean you want to pretty much throw away this season by turning the critical RB duties over a less than average RB in  Ryquell Armstead and some dude named Tyler Ervin ?

Glad you're not our GM
This team isn’t that good, bring this thread up in April.