Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
iPhone user sues Apple after claiming device turned him gay

(10-05-2019, 07:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 06:27 PM)Jags Wrote: If I didn’t already know you drove a ford, I’d be thinking “here we go! Another SilveRAYdo” owner.  I had so much respect for you.  Now, you tell me you are an android guy.  Idk how to feel about this.

LOL.  I look at it from a different perspective than the "average person".  You have to understand computer stuff and software to "get" my point-of-view.

Windows or anything Micro$oft is the devil.

I like and use Linux on my personal computer and laptop which is largely based on Unix.  My main reason is the operating system and most of the programs are open source which means that anyone can look at the source code, modify it for their needs and/or to improve it and share it with others.  Much of this very board (as well as the majority of web sites) runs on Linux.  Unix was pretty much "the birth" of modern computer operating systems for a lot of hardware in use by every day consumers.  Your modem from your ISP?  It's running some form of Unix/Linux.  Your "smart TV"?  Unix/Linux.

Android is also based on Unix, but much of it is not open source unless the device has been jail broken.  Android is not without flaws and one of the biggest things that I don't care for is how closely tied it is to Google.  The other thing wrong with the Android devices that I have purchased is the fact that it is not easy to delete the applications that you don't want or use (my experience has been with Samsung but I imagine other manufacturers are pretty much the same).

Apple, both the desktop OS and the mobile devices are also based on Unix, but the difference is that it's completely (almost) closed source both software wise and hardware wise.  Earlier versions of the IPhone could only be charged with an Apple Iphone charger as an example (I think this may have changed).  Also the earlier versions wouldn't allow an interface with the phone from a computer without having ITunes for uploading/downloading photos, music, etc. (again this may be different now... don't know).

The bottom line is any device/OS is fine and works well (except anything Micro$oft).  Now if you sport a man-bun, wear skinny jeans and have an IPhone, well.... not that there is anything wrong with that!

I’ll be honest, I’m not a computer guy.  So, the vast majority of this went over my head.  I will say, that yes, they still have the lightning connection.  So no mini usb to charge.  But when you go full on apple, it doesn’t really affect you.  

Man buns and skinny jeans have no business being on any man.  Doesn’t matter the operating system.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 12:12 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-05-2019, 07:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My first smartphone was Windows. Although it was older technology, to this day I think it was the smoothest, most intuitive phone I've ever had. Then I owned an Android for a few years. It was aight, but it never really grew on me. Now I have an iPhone 7 Plus and it's one of my most prized possessions. Once I started using Apple I never looked back. My entire family is now blue text field. You guys need to get over this dumb preconception of iPhone vs Android users.

It's based in fact.

iPhone users are normally not tech savvy and aren't fast adapters.

Android users are more techy and can use pretty much anything.

Plus Apple is about 3 years behind Android on everything - but when they come out with something that's been on Android for years - they and their fanboys all claim it's new and awesome

(10-15-2019, 12:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 07:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My first smartphone was Windows. Although it was older technology, to this day I think it was the smoothest, most intuitive phone I've ever had. Then I owned an Android for a few years. It was aight, but it never really grew on me. Now I have an iPhone 7 Plus and it's one of my most prized possessions. Once I started using Apple I never looked back. My entire family is now blue text field. You guys need to get over this dumb preconception of iPhone vs Android users.

It's based in fact.

Plus Apple is about 3 years behind Android on everything - but when they come out with something that's been on Android for years - they and their fanboys all claim it's new and awesome
I’ve got to say, the android users I know are on the techy/nerdy side.

(10-15-2019, 03:40 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 12:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's based in fact.

I’ve got to say, the android users I know are on the techy/nerdy side.

As an Android user I am "guilty as charged" regarding this.  In my "professional life" as well as some of my personal life I am very much a "geek/nerd/etc.".  The way that I look at mobile devices goes pretty much like this.

Android >> IPhone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windows.

What surprises a lot of people is that weekends for me (or any time off of work) I stay away from pretty much any "technology".  I rather enjoy time off basically driving a tractor, cutting down trees, splitting wood or shooting my guns out on my property.  In the evenings I sit out by a campfire with my wife and watch as the sky lights up with a bunch of stars that you don't see in any city.  My computers, television and phone/tablets are pretty much shut off the whole time.  I communicate with my friends face-to-face and when we do go out somewhere I pay in cash.

Getting back on-topic I actually clicked on the link from the OP (dangerous... I know).  It's not the phone that "turned this guy gay it's an app (allegedly).

From the article.
Quote:In a complaint published on Wednesday, Razumilov says he received 69 GayCoins on a cryptocurrency payment app he downloaded onto his iPhone in 2017.

The unknown sender of the coins reportedly wrote a message in English for Razumilov which he interpreted as "don't judge without trying".

Razumilov said in his complaint: "I thought, indeed, how can I judge something without trying it?"

And so, because of this message, he said he began having same-sex relationships.

I knew about bitcoins, but who knew that there exists something called GayCoins?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-05-2019, 06:27 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's okay to be an Apple user... not that there is anything wrong with that...

If I didn’t already know you drove a ford, I’d be thinking “here we go! Another SilveRAYdo” owner.  I had so much respect for you.  Now, you tell me you are an android guy.  Idk how to feel about this.

I use android and drive a Silverado. So what are you saying?

(10-15-2019, 12:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

It's based in fact.

Okay.

(10-15-2019, 05:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 06:27 PM)Jags Wrote: If I didn’t already know you drove a ford, I’d be thinking “here we go! Another SilveRAYdo” owner.  I had so much respect for you.  Now, you tell me you are an android guy.  Idk how to feel about this.

You're bi? (shrug)

(10-15-2019, 05:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

You’re stuck on the side of the road and can’t call for help?

(10-15-2019, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 05:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I use android and drive a Silverado. So what are you saying?

Big Grin  nah, 17 years old and has 225k miles and still going strong. Not me....the truck. That reads worse than it should. Lol

(10-15-2019, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 05:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I use android and drive a Silverado. So what are you saying?

Now that was funny right there.   Banana

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

At least you can watch the ads while you wait.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 07:17 PM by Jags.)

(10-15-2019, 04:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:40 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got to say, the android users I know are on the techy/nerdy side.

As an Android user I am "guilty as charged" regarding this.  In my "professional life" as well as some of my personal life I am very much a "geek/nerd/etc.".  The way that I look at mobile devices goes pretty much like this.

Android >> IPhone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Windows.

What surprises a lot of people is that weekends for me (or any time off of work) I stay away from pretty much any "technology".  I rather enjoy time off basically driving a tractor, cutting down trees, splitting wood or shooting my guns out on my property.  In the evenings I sit out by a campfire with my wife and watch as the sky lights up with a bunch of stars that you don't see in any city.  My computers, television and phone/tablets are pretty much shut off the whole time.  I communicate with my friends face-to-face and when we do go out somewhere I pay in cash.

Getting back on-topic I actually clicked on the link from the OP (dangerous... I know).  It's not the phone that "turned this guy gay it's an app (allegedly).

From the article.
Quote:In a complaint published on Wednesday, Razumilov says he received 69 GayCoins on a cryptocurrency payment app he downloaded onto his iPhone in 2017.

The unknown sender of the coins reportedly wrote a message in English for Razumilov which he interpreted as "don't judge without trying".

Razumilov said in his complaint: "I thought, indeed, how can I judge something without trying it?"

And so, because of this message, he said he began having same-sex relationships.

I knew about bitcoins, but who knew that there exists something called GayCoins?

I truly envy this lifestyle.   I really do.