Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Tank Bowl (Redskins Dolphins)

(10-11-2019, 12:43 PM)ferocious Wrote: If both teams are trying to lose, it would be really interesting to see which head coach is the better game planner.
As stated, I don't think the 'Skins are trying to lose. This game may be more entertaining than people realize, in a Three Stooge-ish kind of way.

I like the way ESPN did their commentary on the game.  

The winner of this game will be a battle of which team sucks the least.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM by ferocious.)

The Bengals play the Jets on 12/1 and the Dolphins on 12/22.
The Dolphins play the Redskins on 10/13, the Jets on 11/3, and the Jets again on 12/8.
The Jets play the Dolphins on 11/3, the Redskins on 11/17, the Bengals on 12/1, and the Dolphins again on 12/8.
The Redskins play the Dolphins on 10/13 and the Jets on 11/17.

Who has the easiest path to suckage?

If you are trying to lose and you win, should you be fired?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-09-2019, 06:22 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Dwayne Haskins = Byron Leftwich 2.0

I said the same thing pre draft lol.

(10-11-2019, 12:35 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who is Redskins tanking for?  They gonna trade Haskins and draft Tua?

I don't think the skins are tanking. They're just not good.

And I don't suspect they ever will be as long as Snyder is there. 

"A fish rots from the head down"

Best quote I've heard when talking about them skins

(10-09-2019, 06:22 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Dwayne Haskins = Byron Leftwich 2.0

I'd take Lefty over Haskins.

And I'm always weary of drafting those 1 year starters and sophmore/juniors leaving school early.

Too much development needed to invest a first round pick in anything but a sure thing in my opinion.
Way to many red flags.  Not only the 1 year starter but he had the best WR corps in college. Had the fastest receivers in college where the were always wide open and didnt have to throw in tight windows.  Wasnt a good deep ball thrower  and was bad under pressure.  On top of that was playing in Urban Meyer's scheme who makes every QB look good.  People didn't take all that into account,  they seen the 50 TDs and numbers and thought he would be good.  Of course there is a chance he could end up good like any QB, just a slim one.

I almost want to watch the tank bowl. I mean how do you not?
But my NFL viewing years have told me that’ll be hard to watch. We’ll see. Go Losers!

Anybody think they blew the two point conversion on porpoise?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 09:15 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

100% blew that 2 point conversion on purpose. A wr screen on a 2 point conv? LOL... and it was DROPPED... c'mon now. The owner made the call to the field and said to not blow this, probably offered 100k to drop that pigskin.

Also, looking like the Jets is going to be a much tougher one than anticipated.

(10-13-2019, 06:29 PM)ferocious Wrote: Anybody think they blew the two point conversion on porpoise?

Oh hell yeah! Nearly won that one by mistake.

(10-13-2019, 06:29 PM)ferocious Wrote: Anybody think they blew the two point conversion on porpoise?

I don't think the players did.

However... I think it's plausible that they went for two so that they wouldn't win.

But if they are really tanking, just leave in Rosen cuz he was sucking bad.

You'll find it hard pressed to convince anyone that players tank.
Management can... and I guess coaches could (if management is promising the axe wont fall on them)

But yeah, in the moment it reeked of "we dont really wanna win"