Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Turkey Invades Syria

(10-14-2019, 02:54 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The Kurds just made a deal with the Syrian Army.  Guess they didn't need us after all.

For those playing 4D chess along with DJT, this is really about radical Islam, Turkey, NATO and Europe.  Europe won't kick Turkey out of NATO, won't pay for defense, won't even take back their own citizens who joined ISIS.  There's also the matter of 3.6 million "migrants" currently held in Turkey.

El oh [BLEEP] el. That clown isn't even playing checkers. The closest he is to playing chess is as a pawn.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 11:33 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 02:54 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The Kurds just made a deal with the Syrian Army.  Guess they didn't need us after all.

For those playing 4D chess along with DJT, this is really about radical Islam, Turkey, NATO and Europe.  Europe won't kick Turkey out of NATO, won't pay for defense, won't even take back their own citizens who joined ISIS.  There's also the matter of 3.6 million "migrants" currently held in Turkey.

El oh [BLEEP] el. That clown isn't even playing checkers. The closest he is to playing chess is as a pawn.

whats with all the spelling out lol these days?

is that clever?

Anywho...
The clown isn't playing chess or checkers. He's playing a game of "I win".
He's got a 4, an 8, a ten, a jack and an ace. He wins.

Doesn't matter if you think the Dems got a full house, he wins.

Continue crying, it adds to his winning.
Can't wait for 2021 when it el oh el 4 more years

The Kurds did make some sort of deal with the Syrian army but the terms and time frame are not public yet.

It may be true that Europe wants turkey to stay in NATO but, so do we. Every player wants leverage over the country that controls the Bosphorus.

That's why I say that the thing that screws the Kurds over is that they don't have access to the sea by themselves, so long-term they can't offer us or Europeans anything that we want.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Ceasfire.... making Syria great again

Afghanistan next.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 03:48 PM by ferocious.)

This makes sense to me. If Sondland, the Ambassador to the EU, can be used as a pawn in the Ukraine, it makes a lot of sense for Woody Johnson, the Ambassador to Great Britain, to do the same in Afghanistan. After all, once we found Bin Laden, helping Johnson & Johnson protect their opium fields is the only reason we are still there. So, even though Johnson & Johnson didn't want Woody working for them directly, he can still assist his kin.

Win-Win.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-war-a...on/5358053

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-17-2019, 03:40 PM)ferocious Wrote: This makes sense to me. If Sondland, the Ambassador to the EU, can be used as a pawn in the Ukraine, it makes a lot of sense for Woody Johnson, the Ambassador to Great Britain, to do the same in Afghanistan. After all, once we found Bin Laden, helping Johnson & Johnson protect their opium fields is the only reason we are still there. So, even though Johnson & Johnson didn't want Woody working for them directly, he can still assist his kin.

Win-Win.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-war-a...on/5358053

...  nope, I'm not dreaming.  He actually typed this.  #TDS

(10-17-2019, 02:50 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Ceasfire....  making Syria great again

Welp. 

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1185074870671073280
I'll play you in ping pong. 

This skirmish between Turkey and Kurdish insurgent groups has been ongoing in some capacity since 1978 yet somehow some of you clowns blame it on Trump. Good Lawd the TDS has risen to freakish levels.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-18-2019, 09:03 AM)Jagwired Wrote: This skirmish between Turkey and Kurdish insurgent groups has been ongoing in some capacity since 1978 yet somehow some of you clowns blame it on Trump. Good Lawd the TDS has risen to freakish levels.

I don't blame the ongoing skirmish between Turkey & our Kurdish allies on Trump - but I do blame the current situation our allies have found themselves in on his rash decision-making and piss-poor deal that he lauded as an amazing accomplishment - yet there's shelling & continued destruction at the border. Trump hung our allies out to dry. I blame him for that, as it was his decision that set this in motion.

(10-18-2019, 09:34 AM)?Gabe Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:03 AM)Jagwired Wrote: This skirmish between Turkey and Kurdish insurgent groups has been ongoing in some capacity since 1978 yet somehow some of you clowns blame it on Trump. Good Lawd the TDS has risen to freakish levels.

I don't blame the ongoing skirmish between Turkey & our Kurdish allies on Trump - but I do blame the current situation our allies have found themselves in on his rash decision-making and piss-poor deal that he lauded as an amazing accomplishment - yet there's shelling & continued destruction at the border. Trump hung our allies out to dry. I blame him for that, as it was his decision that set this in motion.

Well that sure is convenient. Who do and will you blame for the past and future skirmish outbreaks on? You know, the ones that did and will continue to happen long before and after Trump?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 10:08 AM by Gabe. Edit Reason: Bolded, increased and underlined a missed point. )

(10-18-2019, 09:42 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:34 AM)?Gabe Wrote: I don't blame the ongoing skirmish between Turkey & our Kurdish allies on Trump - but I do blame the current situation our allies have found themselves in on his rash decision-making and piss-poor deal that he lauded as an amazing accomplishment - yet there's shelling & continued destruction at the border. Trump hung our allies out to dry. I blame him for that, as it was his decision that set this in motion.

Well that sure is convenient. Who do and will you blame for the past and future skirmish outbreaks on? You know, the ones that did and will continue to happen long before and after Trump?

Do me a favor. RE-READ.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 10:50 AM by mikesez.)

(10-18-2019, 09:42 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:34 AM)?Gabe Wrote: I don't blame the ongoing skirmish between Turkey & our Kurdish allies on Trump - but I do blame the current situation our allies have found themselves in on his rash decision-making and piss-poor deal that he lauded as an amazing accomplishment - yet there's shelling & continued destruction at the border. Trump hung our allies out to dry. I blame him for that, as it was his decision that set this in motion.

Jagwired, he's not saying that it's Trump's fault that Turks and Kurds are fighting.  You're correct that they have fought many times and will fight again at some point regardless. But he's just saying it's Trump's fault that they are fighting (and dying) at this particular place in Syria at this particular time.  And he's right.  You can't dispute that.

(10-18-2019, 10:49 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:42 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Well that sure is convenient. Who do and will you blame for the past and future skirmish outbreaks on? You know, the ones that did and will continue to happen long before and after Trump?

Jagwired, he's not saying that it's Trump's fault that Turks and Kurds are fighting.  You're correct that they have fought many times and will fight again at some point regardless.  But he's just saying it's Trump's fault that they are fighting (and dying) at this particular place in Syria at this particular time.  And he's right.  You can't dispute that.

I dispute that. We aren't responsible for what other people choose to do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-18-2019, 12:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:49 AM)mikesez Wrote: Jagwired, he's not saying that it's Trump's fault that Turks and Kurds are fighting.  You're correct that they have fought many times and will fight again at some point regardless.  But he's just saying it's Trump's fault that they are fighting (and dying) at this particular place in Syria at this particular time.  And he's right.  You can't dispute that.

And they're always going to kill eachother because they refuse to grow the eff up.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 01:21 PM by KodiakJag.)

I'm glad we're out of Syria, but I'm not a fan of how Trump decided to pull us out.  It looks bad for us now, but over time this will probably be a footnote as other events take front & center.

I'm more embarrassed by Trump's letter to Erdogan...nobody ever accused "The Donald" of being a highbrow intellectual, but at least he has a college education, right?

The callback referenced in the letter probably went something like this:

"Erdy, Donald here...didya get my letter?  You did what with it!?  Of course I knew what it said, because I spent 4 hours writing it!  No, I did not call you a fool, I only said to not BE a fool...see the difference?  I'm a fool?  No, you're a fool, Erdy...YOU'RE the fool!  Don't push me, little man!  What??  No, I'm not "the little man" regardless of what Horseface Daniels said!  She's a liar!  Oh yeah?  Well, at least my wife doesn't look like some stupid bird your country's named after!  Huh?  Alright, you just made a yuge mistake.  Yuge!"  <click>
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-18-2019, 01:19 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: I'm glad we're out of Syria, but I'm not a fan of how Trump decided to pull us out.  It looks bad for us now, but over time this will probably be a footnote as other events take front & center.

I'm more embarrassed by Trump's letter to Erdogan...nobody ever accused "The Donald" of being a highbrow intellectual, but at least he has a college education, right?

The callback referenced in the letter probably went something like this:

"Erdy, Donald here...didya get my letter?  You did what with it!?  Of course I knew what it said, because I spent 4 hours writing it!  No, I did not call you a fool, I only said to not BE a fool...see the difference?  I'm a fool?  No, you're a fool, Erdy...YOU'RE the fool!  Don't push me, little man!  What??  No, I'm not "the little man" regardless of what Horseface Daniels said!  She's a liar!  Oh yeah?  Well, at least my wife doesn't look like some stupid bird your country's named after!  Huh?  Alright, you just made a yuge mistake.  Yuge!"  <click>

That’s funny right there.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 03:35 PM by mikesez.)

(10-18-2019, 12:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:49 AM)mikesez Wrote: Jagwired, he's not saying that it's Trump's fault that Turks and Kurds are fighting.  You're correct that they have fought many times and will fight again at some point regardless.  But he's just saying it's Trump's fault that they are fighting (and dying) at this particular place in Syria at this particular time.  And he's right.  You can't dispute that.

"Responsible" is such a loaded term.
In the short term view, our withdrawal is the proximate and sufficient cause of their fighting.
In the long term retrospective view, they were going to fight again anyways.
In the long term prospective view, it's possible that if we, or some other neutral peacekeeper, hung around long enough they would learn not to fight.

You might not like the short term view here, or you might not thing it's interesting, but it's no less correct than the other two views.  It's just a matter of the time frame you choose to consider.

(10-18-2019, 12:45 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 12:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dispute that. We aren't responsible for what other people choose to do.

And they're always going to kill eachother because they refuse to grow the eff up.

The Romans would have said the same thing about my ancestors on both sides, yet for generations we have been considered peaceful and industrious individuals.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 04:06 PM by The Real Marty.)

No one is blaming the conflict between Turkey and the Kurds on Trump.  What people are blaming Trump for is deserting an ally who is facing a mortal enemy.  The Kurds were our ground troops in the fight against ISIS.  They lost tens of thousands of soldiers helping us defeat ISIS.  And now that the Turks want to invade Kurdish territory in Syria, we walked away with no warning at all.  We just left the Kurds on their own to face the Turks.   The Kurds have been guarding thousands of ISIS prisoners.   But now they have to have every man up to resist the Turks.  So who is guarding the ISIS prisoners now?  From all reports, they are escaping their jails.  Because the guards have gone to fight the Turks.  What an incredible [BLEEP]-up.  

But the worst thing is, this destroys our credibility as a partner in the fight against terrorism.  Why would anyone trust us after this?  Who is going to fight on our side now, if we desert our partners like this?  Next time, we'll have to use American troops, because no one is going to do for us what the Kurds did.  Not after what we did to the Kurds.  It's slimy what we did to them.  Embarrassing.  Immoral.  

We used them in the fight against ISIS, and then we sold them out to their enemies.

(10-18-2019, 04:04 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Kurds have been guarding thousands of ISIS prisoners.   But now they have to have every man up to resist the Turks.  So who is guarding the ISIS prisoners now?  From all reports, they are escaping their jails.  Because the guards have gone to fight the Turks.  What an incredible [BLEEP]-up. 

Wow, is this fake news really being reported? When pulling out, the United States relocated the ISIS prisoners in order to free up the guards so they could join the fight with no worries about the prisoners escaping. Whoever reported this fake news is failing to their job.
'02