Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Turkey Invades Syria

Fox News reporting that Turkey has launched its invasion of Syria.

"The Kurds -- who have been longtime U.S. allies in the fight against ISIS in Syria -- requested air support from American forces in response to the strikes. But U.S. military officials tell Fox News that President Trump has ordered them to not get involved."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-syr...ry-assault

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We just keep on screwing over the Kurds.

Another campaign promise kept?

Let's see how it all plays out. In other news, AOC is upset about pulling the troops out.

Trump- faithfully carrying out the nation's foreign policy. Only in this case, as in so many others, that nation is Russia.

Sure, because we need a permanent presence or the Middle East could become tribal and violent.

Not my monkey, not my circus.

(10-09-2019, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Sure, because we need a permanent presence or the Middle East could become tribal and violent.

We broke it, we own it.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-09-2019, 12:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Another campaign promise kept?

Let's see how it all plays out. In other news, AOC is upset about pulling the troops out.

Trump could cure cancer and the Democrats would demand it back

ALSO Since when do the democrats care about the military???
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Keeping a bad promise is not a positive. This is a gift to Assad and Putin.

He also promised universal, cheap health care and a border wall. Still waiting on one, laughing at the other.

Hey...you left as little on your chin, there, sycophant.
- Bob Marley

For ONCE, I agree with something Trump did. We should not be protectors for the entire world. We should have never been in Syria to begin with or any other middle eastern country for that matter. The hatred they have for one another in that area of the world, is never ending. I'm a big believer in fixing issues within your own house. Never get involved in someone else's civil wars.

(10-09-2019, 01:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

He also promised universal, cheap health care and a border wall. Still waiting on one, laughing at the other.

Little bit nasty there huh? Has the sweet stinky gone dry? Buuuwwwaaa!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-09-2019, 01:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 01:04 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Sure, because we need a permanent presence or the Middle East could become tribal and violent.

We broke it, we own it.

Speak for yourself.

(10-09-2019, 01:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 01:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Keeping a bad promise is not a positive. This is a gift to Assad and Putin.

Little bit nasty there huh? Has the sweet stinky gone dry? Buuuwwwaaa!!

That's nasty? When did you become such a snowflake?

I'm using 99% pure THC oil courtesy of an official medical dispensary. The world seems to have moved past you.
- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019, 02:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Let's see how it all plays out. In other news, AOC Lindsey Graham is upset about pulling the troops out.

The campaign promise that every American soldier that died fighting this war would have died in vein?

Yep, check the box.  Promise complete.

You do understand the border wall is being built, right?

A leftist calling someone else sycophantic is hilarious to me.

The Kurds have been our primary soldiers on the ground in Syria in the fight against ISIS. They are also guarding thousands of ISIS prisoners.

They fought with us against global terrorism. They have lost thousands of young men and women fighting side by side with us in this war. And now we have abandoned them.

So why would anyone ever trust us again? And what's going to happen to all those ISIS prisoners when their Kurdish guards have to deploy to the border to fight the Turks? Let them go?

Nobody thinks this is a good move. Not even Trump's allies in Congress.

(10-09-2019, 03:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Kurds have been our primary soldiers on the ground in Syria in the fight against ISIS.  They are also guarding thousands of ISIS prisoners.  

They fought with us against global terrorism.   They have lost thousands of young men and women fighting side by side with us in this war.  And now we have abandoned them.  

So why would anyone ever trust us again?  And what's going to happen to all those ISIS prisoners when their Kurdish guards have to deploy to the border to fight the Turks?   Let them go?  

Nobody thinks this is a good move.  Not even Trump's allies in Congress.

We've been screwing the Kurds over since Desert Storm; don't fool yourself.... and they keep trusting us.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019, 04:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Here is what I think transpired.  Turkey PM called Trump and told him to get our troops out as Turkey was going to invade.  Trump tells US citizens we are pulling out as a campaign promise and will penalize Turkey if they invade Syria.  2 days later, Turkey invades Syria (making us look very weak and non-reliable).  Personally, I think Trump should have directly engaged our allies and informed them of Turkey's threat  and formed an alliance accordingly.  This is just way to strange that a country like the US just pulled out and let Turkey invade Syria.  Hopefully, there is something that we're all missing as more information comes to light; just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully CNN, FOX, and MSNBC can expand on the above events because I'm totally burned out on the topic of impeachment.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019, 04:27 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-09-2019, 01:06 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

We broke it, we own it.

Not really. Winston Churchill played a bigger role during his time shaping their landscape out in the Middle East for the years to come during modern times and those moves then are still unfolding today long after his death. There's always been a trickle down effect post any major War or Wars involving our Country and the E.U. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017...ast-legacy

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7526

It's not to say that our Government doesn't deserve some of the heat for it. But it's always been a mess over there. Europe, Asia, Africa & the Middle East have always had their up's and down's and periods of imperialism. People here give us so much [BLEEP] about our push to tighten up the Southern border but the borders across the Atlantic are just as equally tightened up on and they're just as hard to get into. 

I would like to see less involvement with foreign aid and policies in general. So we don't have to worry about what you just said. "We broke it, we own it". I understand that you want to have a relationship with every nation to ensure nobody is getting too wild and crazy or trying to hold the world hostage with military power, etc. But it shouldn't be at the expense of $50B from us tax payers, even if it's 1% of the budget. 

But this "We broke it, we own it" mantra is pretty silly when it's really a matter of "A collective group of elites in various branches across the US and several other Nations broke it for financial gain, they own it."
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The U.S. didn't have a large presence anyways. It would require a buildup and Congressional approval to keep Turkey away and Iran who is now firmly in Iraq and Syria. In any case, we haven't been as involved as a lot of people assume. Minimal air support and airdrops of supplies and sporadic security details have been about it. The Kurds were informed a year ago that we weren't in this. It's a fight they chose. If we were to stay, what is the end game? When is mission complete? We aren't built to be political pawns. It we're being honest, Iran and China are the main threats of focus with Iran quickly becoming a pest on the scale of Iraq's Hussein era.

Since we now have all these warmongers, maybe Trump should go to Congress with a plan for vote.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]