Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 6

After enjoying being in a four way tie in the AFC South for a week, there has been a split in the division due to two surprising wins.  Houston's win over Atlanta was surprising not in the final result (hell even I got that pick right), but in how Houston got there.  Texans QB Deshaun Watson is one of I think 3 QBs in NFL history to finish a game with 5 TD passes, over 400 yards passing, 5 or fewer incompletions, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating.  Indy's win was just a plain old upset, going into Arrowhead stadium and knocking off the Chiefs.  Hats off to them.  As for the bottom half of the division, my beloved Jaguars lost due to a monster game by Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey and three Gardner Minshew fumbles.  Finally, the loathsome tacks were stifled at home by an outstanding Buffalo defense, losing 14-7, which is the second time this year they have been held to 7 points. 

As for me, I am on the verge of getting an untrained monkey to make my picks.  I can't do any worse.  The question now is where to find said monkey and how to convince him to help me with my picks.

Saints (4-1) at Jaguars (2-3)-In a matchup with two teams featuring two backup QBs in starting roles, two pretty decent offenses and statistically mediocre defenses, the Saints travel to Duuuuvalllll to face the Jaguars.  Thus far, the Saints have won most of their games in a tough stretch of their schedule, beating the Texans in a classic game, going to Seattle and beating the Seahawks, and edging Dallas.  Despite the loss of Brees for about 6 weeks, this is a team that knows how to win.  While Jacksonville has played respectably in most of their games, they have lost some winnable games (Houston and Carolina).  I think the trend continues another week, even though it's a winnable game for the Jaguars.  Saints 27 Jaguars 20.

Texans (3-2) at Chiefs (4-1)If both teams were healthy, this would be a bonanza for fans who like a lot of passing and big plays and scoring.  But Mahomes, while reportedly a full participant in practice, was gimpy during last week's loss to the Colts, and LT Eric Fisher will likely miss this game.  That is a bad development going u[ against the likes of Whitney Mercilus and J.J. Watt.  Full strength, I pick the Chiefs.  The Chiefs are far from full strength.  Texans 28 Chiefs 20.  

Tacks (2-3) at Broncos (1-4)-While the tacks have struggled on offense, Denver has struggled defensively.  When teams struggle offensively, often times to get back on track, they will look to establish the run.  The tacks can run the ball, if nothing else.  Denver can't stop the run.  I see Derrick Henry having a big game.  Tacks win 21-16.

Indy is off.

Last week:  1-3
Overall:  4-13

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2019, 05:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: After enjoying being in a four way tie in the AFC South for a week, there has been a split in the division due to two surprising wins.  Houston's win over Atlanta was surprising not in the final result (hell even I got that pick right), but in how Houston got there.  Texans QB Deshaun Watson is one of I think 3 QBs in NFL history to finish a game with 5 TD passes, over 400 yards passing, 5 or fewer incompletions, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating.  Indy's win was just a plain old upset, going into Arrowhead stadium and knocking off the Chiefs.  Hats off to them.  As for the bottom half of the division, my beloved Jaguars lost due to a monster game by Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey and three Gardner Minshew fumbles.  Finally, the loathsome tacks were stifled at home by an outstanding Buffalo defense, losing 14-7, which is the second time this year they have been held to 7 points. 

As for me, I am on the verge of getting an untrained monkey to make my picks.  I can't do any worse.  The question now is where to find said monkey and how to convince him to help me with my picks.

Saints (4-1) at Jaguars (2-3)-In a matchup with two teams featuring two backup QBs in starting roles, two pretty decent offenses and statistically mediocre defenses, the Saints travel to Duuuuvalllll to face the Jaguars.  Thus far, the Saints have won most of their games in a tough stretch of their schedule, beating the Texans in a classic game, going to Seattle and beating the Seahawks, and edging Dallas.  Despite the loss of Brees for about 6 weeks, this is a team that knows how to win.  While Jacksonville has played respectably in most of their games, they have lost some winnable games (Houston and Carolina).  I think the trend continues another week, even though it's a winnable game for the Jaguars.  Saints 27 Jaguars 20.

Texans (3-2) at Chiefs (4-1)If both teams were healthy, this would be a bonanza for fans who like a lot of passing and big plays and scoring.  But Mahomes, while reportedly a full participant in practice, was gimpy during last week's loss to the Colts, and LT Eric Fisher will likely miss this game.  That is a bad development going u[ against the likes of Whitney Mercilus and J.J. Watt.  Full strength, I pick the Chiefs.  The Chiefs are far from full strength.  Texans 28 Chiefs 20.   

Tacks (2-3) at Broncos (1-4)-While the tacks have struggled on offense, Denver has struggled defensively.  When teams struggle offensively, often times to get back on track, they will look to establish the run.  The tacks can run the ball, if nothing else.  Denver can't stop the run.  I see Derrick Henry having a big game.  Tacks win 21-16.

Indy is off.

It's been a surprising last few weeks in the NFL, I'm taking the surprises to continue in Jax. Jags 20-16.

I'll take the chiefs over the texans since they're at home. 31-27

tacks over the broncos, the broncos even made Fournette look like a good player. 23-17.

1-3 last week brings me down to 8-9 overall.

Jags over Saints
Chiefs Over Texans
Titans over Broncos

Last week 1-3
Overall 10-7
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

Jags
Chiefs
Broncos

Last week 1-3
Overall 7-10

9-8 overall

Jags
Chiefs
Broncos

7-10

'aints
chefs
tacks

6-7 overall

Saints over Jags
Chiefs over Texans
Titans over Broncos
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

9-8 thus far....

NO over Jax - I want to be wrong about this, really I do, but Payton will have watched the Panthers game plenty to know how to exploit our D. Unless Teddy gets pummeled by our pass rush, he does enough to get them the win, 21-17
KC over Hou - As Bullseye pointed out, KC is beat up. Watching Mahomes limp around the field Sunday night showed he can still sling it even when he's beat up. The team rallies to make his job easy, 31-20
Ten over Den - You would have to pay me a significant sum of money to watch this depressing display of alleged football. 7-6.

Saints
Chiefs
Titans

3-1 last week
11-6 overall
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

2-2 last week
9-8 overall

Saints over Jags
Chiefs over Texans
Broncos over Titans
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

2-2 again last week ...overall 8-9
So this week...
Jaguars over the 'aints - Minshew Magic is strong at home
chiefs get it together over 'horns - remember the chiefs are at home gang
brokoes do it against the tacks - man it's high at mile high , henry is a Flat lander
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

see 9-8 overall.     

Chiefs bounce back at home,and win.

titians beat denver

Jags win a must win game to keep from going on a loseing streak before they play 2 of the toughest teams. 0-4 bengals,and 0-4 jets will be super tough games for jags. they are deprete for wins.  

Rember i called the colts upset of the chiefs first here before anyone else did.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-10-2019, 06:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: After enjoying being in a four way tie in the AFC South for a week, there has been a split in the division due to two surprising wins.  Houston's win over Atlanta was surprising not in the final result (hell even I got that pick right), but in how Houston got there.  Texans QB Deshaun Watson is one of I think 3 QBs in NFL history to finish a game with 5 TD passes, over 400 yards passing, 5 or fewer incompletions, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating.  Indy's win was just a plain old upset, going into Arrowhead stadium and knocking off the Chiefs.  Hats off to them.  As for the bottom half of the division, my beloved Jaguars lost due to a monster game by Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey and three Gardner Minshew fumbles.  Finally, the loathsome tacks were stifled at home by an outstanding Buffalo defense, losing 14-7, which is the second time this year they have been held to 7 points. 

Indy is off.

It's been a surprising last few weeks in the NFL, I'm taking the surprises to continue in Jax. Jags 20-16.

I'll take the chiefs over the texans since they're at home. 31-27

tacks over the broncos, the broncos even made Fournette look like a good player. 23-17.

1-3 last week brings me down to 8-9 overall.

Saints
Chiefs
Donkeys over tacks.
7-8 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags
Chiefs
Broncos
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-10-2019, 05:18 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: see 9-8 overall.     

titians beat denver

Jags win a must win game to keep from going on a loseing streak before they play 2 of the toughest teams. 0-4 bengals,and 0-4 jets will be super tough games for jags. they are deprete for wins.  

Rember i called the colts upset of the chiefs first here before anyone else did.

I've seen the rest of your picks in FBTs pickem' too and they ain't all that hot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-11-2019, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote:

titians beat denver

I've seen the rest of your picks in FBTs pickem' too and they ain't all that hot.

I’m astounded

9-8 overall, 3-1 last week.

Jags over Saints. Much more of a pick 'em game than the pundits think, but like a lot y'all mentioned, Jags are at home. Low scoring affair on tap, and it sure would be nice to have Ramsey back for this one.

Texans over Chiefs. Man, the over under on this one has to be in the 70s.

Broncos over Tacks. Mile high!

(10-11-2019, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote:

titians beat denver

i do pretty good picking the teams,my proiblom is i don't undesrstand the confidence points thing ,and that kills me cause i drop a lot of points. even with winning records dropped points hurts you.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Saints chiefs Broncos

5-12

Jags- I’m hearing Kamara is playing, but what the hell go Jags
Chiefs
Broncos