Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Watch 2019

(11-11-2019, 11:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I love that when Ramsey was here he was the best CB in the league no question and pretty much a HOF already, now he is not a jag and he sucks, he is good, not great.

Never change guys.

I still think the same thing, he is a top 5 corner but not the best like he claims/acts.

Fowler is good, not great. I'd take him over Ngakoue but neither is a top 10  pass rusher.

Fowler committed multiple personal fouls in key situations, he got in trouble off the field, and he fought his own teammates.  

No, I would not take him over Ngakoue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-11-2019, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dawg. You need to let it go. Ramsey doesn't play for the Jags anymore so you don't have to go over every Rams box score. Oh, and the Rams defense is certainly not to blame for yesterdays game.

ah yes. Because that matters lol

It's fun watching us actually rob another team for picks.  I like to see how he is doing after he quit on our team and thought he was to good for our defense.  I always pay more attention to ex Jags players.  The loss of Fowler is the one that stings even if our dline is good.   He is one of the best defenders in the league right now .
Never change dude.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 12:47 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-11-2019, 11:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 11:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I love that when Ramsey was here he was the best CB in the league no question and pretty much a HOF already, now he is not a jag and he sucks, he is good, not great.

Never change guys.

I still think the same thing, he is a top 5 corner but not the best like he claims/acts.

Fowler is good, not great. I'd take him over Ngakoue but neither is a top 10  pass rusher.

Fowler committed multiple personal fouls in key situations, he got in trouble off the field, and he fought his own teammates.  

No, I would not take him over Ngakoue.

You got it backwards, that was Ngakoue looking for Fowler when Fowler did nothing to him.

Fowler was immature, so? He is done nothing wrong with the Rams... I wonder why...

Fowler is having a better season, I'd take him over Ngakoue.

(11-11-2019, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dawg. You need to let it go. Ramsey doesn't play for the Jags anymore so you don't have to go over every Rams box score. Oh, and the Rams defense is certainly not to blame for yesterdays game.

ah yes. Because that matters lol

It's fun watching us actually rob another team for picks.  I like to see how he is doing after he quit on our team and thought he was to good for our defense.  I always pay more attention to ex Jags players.  The loss of Fowler is the one that stings even if our dline is good.   He is one of the best defenders in the league right now .

Fowler isn't even a top 10 edge this year my man. He has 6 weeks with no sacks or QB hits. 

So no, he is not "one of the best defenders in the league right now"

Fowler>Yan is one of the most laughable things that these board posters have ever said and continue to ride despite having any real proof.

(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)Kane Wrote: Fowler>Yan is one of the most laughable things that these board posters have ever said and continue to ride despite having any real proof.

Except for Fowler having a better season LOL

(11-11-2019, 01:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)Kane Wrote: Fowler>Yan is one of the most laughable things that these board posters have ever said and continue to ride despite having any real proof.

Are you taking the fact that Yannick was playing on one leg for the first 4/5 games into consideration? 

He's not a better player than Yan, nor has he ever been.

(11-11-2019, 02:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Except for Fowler having a better season LOL

Are you taking the fact that Yannick was playing on one leg for the first 4/5 games into consideration? 

There is always a excuse lol. He was playing wasn't he?

Never change guys.

Ramsey was good, not great, when he was here.  Don't get it twisted. He was never a shutdown and isn't now.

Fowler is good, but he is a situational player.  Yan is an every down player.  Sorry Fowler is gone.  But definitely also glad we have Yan.

And, oh yes!  It pleases me that Peters is outplaying Ramsey and that we get those picks! Lol.  Keep on with your man crush, boys.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-11-2019, 02:33 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Never change guys.

Ramsey was good, not great, when he was here.  Don't get it twisted. He was never a shutdown and isn't now.

Fowler is good, but he is a situational player.  Yan is an every down player.  Sorry Fowler is gone.  But definitely also glad we have Yan.

And, oh yes!  It pleases me that Peters is outplaying Ramsey and that we get those picks! Lol.  Keep on with your man crush, boys.

It's revisionist history to say Jalen was never a shutdown corner. He's been crazy effective Vs the best WRs in the league throughout his career

(11-11-2019, 02:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: Are you taking the fact that Yannick was playing on one leg for the first 4/5 games into consideration? 

There is always a excuse lol. He was playing wasn't he?

Is it an excuse or is it adding context to better guage performance? He gutted through it and played but A) it was painfully obvious he was hurt , B) Calais said he was playing on one leg and C) Marrone said he played hurt for weeks.

Thinking Fowler is better than Yan is on the worst takes on this board. But saying Fowler is one of the best defenders in the league right now takes the cake.

(11-11-2019, 03:07 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Thinking Fowler is better than Yan is on the worst takes on this board. But saying Fowler is one of the best defenders in the league right now takes the cake.

It's a thread full of reaching and hyperbole from the usual suspects trying to defend past hot takes on Ramsey, Fowler and Ngakoue. 

Some folks just get obsessed with propping up their own past bull [BLEEP] posting. 

People unbound by a need to defend their herp-derp know that Ramsey is a top 5 talent at CB, Yan played hurt for 5 games, and Fowler is inconsistent and unpolished.

(11-11-2019, 02:47 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: There is always a excuse lol. He was playing wasn't he?

Is it an excuse or is it adding context to better guage performance? He gutted through it and played but A) it was painfully obvious he was hurt , B) Calais said he was playing on one leg and C) Marrone said he played hurt for weeks.

So is he healthy right now or you are gonna have that lame excuse all year? Because if he is healthy he should have no problem with finishing the season with much better numbers than Fowler. 

Also what's the excuse for Fowler clearly outplaying Yan in the playoffs in 2017?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 03:41 PM by jaglyn.)

All I know I care about is the Rams sucking so we can cash in on those picks

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 04:08 PM by Kane.)

(11-11-2019, 03:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Is it an excuse or is it adding context to better guage performance? He gutted through it and played but A) it was painfully obvious he was hurt , B) Calais said he was playing on one leg and C) Marrone said he played hurt for weeks.

So is he healthy right now or you are gonna have that lame excuse all year? Because if he is healthy he should have no problem with finishing the season with much better numbers than Fowler. 

Also what's the excuse for Fowler clearly outplaying Yan in the playoffs in 2017?

Yan gets double teamed every play and Fowler doesn't? Also Fowler is a role player and probably much more "fresh" than Yan.

Also Fowler was worth a 1 year deal for about 12 mil... Yan is worth probably double that per year.
Rams gonna let Fowler walk after this year too no doubt and he won't command much on the open market because everyone else knows much more than you do, fan boy.

(11-11-2019, 01:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Read: I look at the stat sheet at the end of a game and that tells the whole story cuz, I don't actually know football.

I wanted to keep Yan over Fowler for the record. Is Fowler better than Yan? Not sure but he has had a better season and has been a beast for LA and their 2nd best player behind AD. Hes made a number of game changing plays

Is Ramsey a top 5 corner? No Has he been? Yes, in 2017 he was

(11-11-2019, 03:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:47 PM)JackCity Wrote: Is it an excuse or is it adding context to better guage performance? He gutted through it and played but A) it was painfully obvious he was hurt , B) Calais said he was playing on one leg and C) Marrone said he played hurt for weeks.

He appears healthy now yes. He has still only has 10 less pressures and 2.5 less sacks despite the injury and the extra game missed.

According to a PFF report through week 8, Jalen Ramsey does not appear in the top 20 cornerbacks. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cornerback-...eek-8-2019

That does not necessarily pass my eye test. But it is not a stretch to say that according to the numbers Marcus Peter, Stephon Gilmore, Jason McCourty, Richard Sherman, Chris Harris, and Jaire Alexander are all producing better at the corner. That doesn't mean Ramsey stinks. It just means he's not Deion or Reavis or Champ Bailey or Ty Law or whomever the other greats were. It's ok to be good, really good. But shutdown? No. That's someone justifying their take. The numbers don't agree. And neither does the eye test.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 06:59 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/PFF_George/status/11...30208?s=09

I dunno , might just be me but I think he's been pretty shutdown in the past.

Im not disputing he hasn't played well this year. Just that your assertion that he was never shutdown is revisionist history