Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

We need to take BPA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 10:48 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-16-2019, 11:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Need to draft a real qb. Trade both #1s to move up to draft a tall, strong arm,  Justin Herbert.

Justin Herbert is extremely overrated. I'd be willing to bet Burrow has passed him as the #2 QB in the draft.

(10-16-2019, 10:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: LB class is very weak but i'd be surprised if he goes in the 2nd with his flaws too.

I'd rather have Cal Linebacker Evan Weaver. I don't know about his speed or athleticism, but the kid has great instincts and is all over the field. He's a play maker.

Agreed on Herbert. Didn't see anything last year and nothing out of him really this year that makes me think he's the best QB of his class next year. Burrow has looked awesome. Another QB I like so far is that Booke or Book kid up there with ND. I don't know where he'll fall in the draft. But he looks promising.

I wouldn't mind Jacob Eason if he's there in maybe RD3 but it's highly unlikely he makes it out of RD2. Arm talent alone he's up there with the rest of his class.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2019, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Justin Herbert is extremely overrated. I'd be willing to bet Burrow has passed him as the #2 QB in the draft.

I'd rather have Cal Linebacker Evan Weaver. I don't know about his speed or athleticism, but the kid has great instincts and is all over the field. He's a play maker.

Agreed on Herbert. Didn't see anything last year and nothing out of him really this year that makes me think he's the best QB of his class next year. Burrow has looked awesome. Another QB I like so far is that Booke or Book kid up there with ND. I don't know where he'll fall in the draft. But he looks promising.

I wouldn't mind Jacob Eason if he's there in maybe RD3 but it's highly unlikely he makes it out of RD2. Arm talent alone he's up there with the rest of his class.

I like Eason a lot, but if he stays in school, he could be a top 10 pick in 2021. I need to study up more on the Booke kid. I haven't really paid as much attention to the QB's this year, because we almost certainly won't draft one until at least 2021. I've mainly just been watching O-Linemen, TE's, CB's, Safeties and Linebackers. I'll have to check him out.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 10:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-17-2019, 12:38 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Need to draft a real qb. Trade both #1s to move up to draft a tall, strong arm,  Justin Herbert.

I’d rather trade back and pick up someone’s first next year. Have three in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence

Assuming Trevor continues to progress, the team that gets the 2021 First pick is not going to trade it.

Also, am I the only one that is not convinced Tua will be a good QB?  He's had good stats but my God, those WRs are usually 10 yards apart from their defenders.

(10-17-2019, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed on Herbert. Didn't see anything last year and nothing out of him really this year that makes me think he's the best QB of his class next year. Burrow has looked awesome. Another QB I like so far is that Booke or Book kid up there with ND. I don't know where he'll fall in the draft. But he looks promising.

I like Eason a lot, but if he stays in school, he could be a top 10 pick in 2021. I need to study up more on the Booke kid. I haven't really paid as much attention to the QB's this year, because we almost certainly won't draft one until at least 2021. I've mainly just been watching O-Linemen, TE's, CB's, Safeties and Linebackers. I'll have to check him out.

Book looked pretty decent against the Bulldogs. And his numbers shows he's got some promise. He would have to develop though. He's maybe 6'0 and a little over 200 pounds on a good day. And he's really not popping up on any draftboards in the MSM. May even end up going undrafted. But he's a kid I would like to see brought in for fun. Maybe a decent P.S guy. 

I'd like to see Andrew Thomas in teal next year, since we're talking O-Linemen now. The odds of us landing him are slim though. He'll probably be a top 5 pick.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-17-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:38 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d rather trade back and pick up someone’s first next year. Have three in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence

Assuming Trevor continues to progress, the team that gets the 2021 First pick is not going to trade it.

Also, am I the only one that is not convinced Tua will be a good QB?  He's had good stats but my God, those WRs are usually 10 yards apart from their defenders.

I have concerns with Tua's durability in the NFL. People were dubbing him as a left handed version of Seattle's Wilson but I have my doubts. 

Assuming Trevor Lawrence continues to progress he'll probably be a lock at No. 1 overall in 2021 but it also depends on which team holds that position because you just never know in the NFL. You could have a really good team eat [BLEEP] and lose out if they lost a QB that's solid and is still relatively young and they don't NEED Lawrence. 

Then it's a bidding war. We'll see. It's just too early to tell.

Great year for cornerbacks. He has 6 taken in the first round. Jags can see how Herndon progresses and possibly take one of these guys in round 1 along with the best offensive lineman available.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-17-2019, 11:00 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I like Eason a lot, but if he stays in school, he could be a top 10 pick in 2021. I need to study up more on the Booke kid. I haven't really paid as much attention to the QB's this year, because we almost certainly won't draft one until at least 2021. I've mainly just been watching O-Linemen, TE's, CB's, Safeties and Linebackers. I'll have to check him out.

Book looked pretty decent against the Bulldogs. And his numbers shows he's got some promise. He would have to develop though. He's maybe 6'0 and a little over 200 pounds on a good day. And he's really not popping up on any draftboards in the MSM. May even end up going undrafted. But he's a kid I would like to see brought in for fun. Maybe a decent P.S guy. 

I'd like to see Andrew Thomas in teal next year, since we're talking O-Linemen now. The odds of us landing him are slim though. He'll probably be a top 5 pick.

Agreed. Thomas is one of the better LT's I have seen coming out in a while, but I am also very high on Trey Adams of Washington. He was coming off a serious back injury in 2018, but he looks 100% now and has been pretty dominant for the Huskies. IMO, those two guys are the "cream of the crop" when it comes to LT prospects and then there is a pretty steep drop off.

(10-17-2019, 11:21 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Great year for cornerbacks. He has 6 taken in the first round. Jags can see how Herndon progresses and possibly take one of these guys in round 1 along with the best offensive lineman available.

That would be ideal.

(10-17-2019, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:38 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’d rather trade back and pick up someone’s first next year. Have three in 2021 and get Trevor Lawrence

I am also with you regarding your last statement. Not on the Tua bandwagon fully - sure, he has gaudy stats but I just don't think he will be the player that people think he will be in the NFL.

Lawrence, on the other hand, is the absolute TRUTH.

Your score is: 39478 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (DEN): Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A)
Round 1 Pick 22 (OAK): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 6: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (IND): Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (NYG): Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (DEN): Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (DAL): Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (IND): KJ Costello, QB, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9 (NYG): Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Julian Blackmon, CB, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9 (G.B.): AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10 (LAC): Noah Togiai, TE, Oregon State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
2022 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
+2021 Rams
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 06:50 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-18-2019, 01:17 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Your score is: 39478 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
2022 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
+2021 Rams

No trades made. Just made all picks for the hell of it. Here's my haul. My ultimate goal was to go BAP with the first three picks. Which I did. We landed an athletic and versatile DT, a damn good Safety and probably the best TE in a weak class in RD2.

After that I focused my attention on adding potential starters and much needed depth to the offensive line. Something that's been under looked for the last two years and needed it. I took the two whoopers from Georgia who I know for a fact can create running lanes inside and give time in the pocket. I took a solid OT that's on the rise for Missouri and most boards. 

The last three picks were spent on versatility and potential. Blackmon can play CB and FS. Victor has an interesting build coming out of Ohio St. Could be a fun guy to develop on the bench slowly at 6'4 195. Can stand to grow into that frame. And then Gladney at CB coming out of TCU is one of the more highly regarded coverman there. He's at a decent size for his position as well. Stands to make the team as the 5th - 6th CB with potential. 

10: R1P10

DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

15: R1P15

GRANT DELPIT
LSU

42: R2P10

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI

74: R3P10

SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA

116: R4P10

BEN CLEVELAND
GEORGIA

158: R5P14

OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI

188: R6P10

CB JULIAN BLACKMON
UTAH

206: R6P28

WR BINJIMEN VICTOR
OHIO STATE

223: R7P10

CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU

(10-17-2019, 03:00 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16: Grant Delpit, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 22 (OAK): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 23 (BALT): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1 (CINN): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (TENN): Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 15 (DAL): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 6: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (DEN): Nick Harris, OG/C, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (DET): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 17 (DET): Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Rodney Smith, RB, Minnesota (A+)

Go home Fanspeak, you're drunk

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
2022 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
+2021 Rams

How do you enable trading as an option? Is that through Draftspeak.

The Jags should have lots of startable options at positions of need with their first 4 picks in 2020.

I'd be looking for CB, run-stuffing NT, OG/C, FS, and Y/TE but that's all dependent on how the season plays out.
I think if they upgraded even three of those five spots in the 2020 draft they'd really help themselves a lot.

OT could creep into that list depending on how Robinson finishes out the season. Heard Lageman and Marrone on the radio saying his footwork is starting to improve now that he's been playing on the injured knee long enough to be confident in it. I hope that's true.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 02:52 AM by JaG4LyFe.)

No trades:

Your score is: 34662 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 6: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6: JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 6: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Scott Lashley, OT, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Erroll Thompson, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

(10-18-2019, 01:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
2022 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (NYG)
+2021 Rams

How do you enable trading as an option? Is that through Draftspeak.

Firstpick.com

I think we have so many spots where we could use someone, I'd just go BAP on each pick.

I would NOT draft a QB. That is just stupid. We have more good QBs on our team right now than any other time in team history.

Your score is: 35610 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (DAL): Trey Adams, OT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 11 (TENN): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 15 (DAL): Troy Dye, ILB, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (SEA): Jake Breeland, TE, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (SEA): Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 6: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (TENN): Kenny Willekes, DE, Michigan State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 6: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8 (PITT): Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A)
Round 5 Pick 6 (PITT): Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 15: Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 6: Josh Uche, OLB, Michigan (A-)

Why is Okudah in the 3rd? He’s top 10 in most mocks now

(10-20-2019, 12:49 PM)JNev Wrote: Why is Okudah in the 3rd? He’s top 10 in most mocks now

First pick big board is dinosaur

(10-20-2019, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think we have so many spots where we could use someone, I'd just go BAP on each pick.  

I would NOT draft a QB.  That is just stupid.  We have more good QBs on our team right now than any other time in team history.

We should always go after QB considering it's the most important position in the game.