Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(10-20-2019, 04:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think we have so many spots where we could use someone, I'd just go BAP on each pick.  

I would NOT draft a QB.  That is just stupid.  We have more good QBs on our team right now than any other time in team history.

We should always go after QB considering it's the most important position in the game.

We have 2 good ones and we usually dont carry more than 2 on the roster

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You don't pass on Patrick Mahomes just because you have Blake Bortles.

The next two draft classes will have a couple great QBs coming out.

I'd like to hold out until 2021 when Trevor Lawrence declares.

Jags 2020 draft.....

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
2. John Simpson, OG, Clemson
3. Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State

Your score is: 39872 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13: AJ Epenesa, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (CHI): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 6 (NYG): JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9 (CLE): Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 11 (T.B.): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CINN): Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8 (DEN): Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (A+)
Round 4 Pick 9 (CLE): Josh Metellus, FS/SS, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25 (BALT): TJ McCoy, C, Louisville (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26 (SEA): Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 23 (BALT): Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3 (DEN): Britain Covey, WR, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12 (DET): Nigel Warrior, FS/SS, Tennessee (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (ATL): Tremayne Anchrum, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30 (NYG): Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick (CHI)
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-17-2019, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need to take BPA

Yes, that.  Within reason, of course.  I would not draft a QB at all.

(10-29-2019, 05:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need to take BPA

Yes, that.  Within reason, of course.  I would not draft a QB at all.

Or a DE. We have tons of depth at DE now with Campbell, Ngakoue, Allen and Smoot.

After what happened in April, I will NEVER say "I won't draft a [position] at all"

I doubt we find a gift-wrapped pick like that again this year, but you never know. We can dream, right?

(10-30-2019, 10:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: After what happened in April, I will NEVER say "I won't draft a [position] at all"

I doubt we find a gift-wrapped pick like that again this year, but you never know.  We can dream, right?

I can. I would never draft a QB or a DE in the next draft, under any circumstances. Here's why. We have Foles until at least 2021, before we can even think about dumping his contract. His contract just has too much dead cap money if we get rid of him before that. On top of that, it's very early in Minshew's development to simply crown him as the future franchise QB. We need an insurance policy and Foles is it. Minshew looks like he has something special, but he needs more time and development before I can would make any assumptions. That gives us two solid QB's on our roster until at least, 2021 and I'm against carrying 3 QB's, so even if Burrow or Tua dropped to us, I wouldn't draft them. Instead, I'd look to trade down and accumulate even more draft picks, which would be a win for us. 

As for DE, I'm all for keeping Calais Campbell and re-signing or even franchising Yannick Ngakoue. Josh Allen is an absolute Beast and I love what Smoot has done since adding so much weight. Allen is a rookie, Ngakoue I would re-sign at all cost and Smoot is signed through 2020 and I would look to extend him as well, to a moderate contract. That gives us 3 really good DE's under the age of 25. Calais Campbell is the undisputed heart and soul of this defense now. He is still a disruptive player and probably the biggest leader on the defensive side of the football. He is signed through 2020. Next preseason, I would try and re-sign him to a 2-3 year deal. If not, we definitely have him through 2020. We are set at DE. I don't care if Chase Young falls to us, I'm not taking a DE. If Chase Young did fall to us, I'd basically sell that draft pick for a kings ransom and fill other needs. We are set at DE for the foreseeable future as far as I'm concerned. 

Every other position is fair game though. I take the BAP at any other position.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 12:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-30-2019, 11:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 10:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: After what happened in April, I will NEVER say "I won't draft a [position] at all"

I doubt we find a gift-wrapped pick like that again this year, but you never know.  We can dream, right?

I can. I would never draft a QB or a DE in the next draft, under any circumstances. Here's why. We have Foles until at least 2021, before we can even think about dumping his contract. His contract just has too much dead cap money if we get rid of him before that. On top of that, it's very early in Minshew's development to simply crown him as the future franchise QB. We need an insurance policy and Foles is it. Minshew looks like he has something special, but he needs more time and development before I can would make any assumptions. That gives us two solid QB's on our roster until at least, 2021 and I'm against carrying 3 QB's, so even if Burrow or Tua dropped to us, I wouldn't draft them. Instead, I'd look to trade down and accumulate even more draft picks, which would be a win for us. 

As for DE, I'm all for keeping Calais Campbell and re-signing or even franchising Yannick Ngakoue. Josh Allen is an absolute Beast and I love what Smoot has done since adding so much weight. Allen is a rookie, Ngakoue I would re-sign at all cost and Smoot is signed through 2020 and I would look to extend him as well, to a moderate contract. That gives us 3 really good DE's under the age of 25. Calais Campbell is the undisputed heart and soul of this defense now. He is still a disruptive player and probably the biggest leader on the defensive side of the football. He is signed through 2020. Next preseason, I would try and re-sign him to a 2-3 year deal. If not, we definitely have him through 2020. We are set at DE. I don't care if Chase Young falls to us, I'm not taking a DE. If Chase Young did fall to us, I'd basically sell that draft pick for a kings ransom and fill other needs. We are set at DE for the foreseeable future as far as I'm concerned. 

You can never have to many good pass rushers.  Campbell is getting older and Yannick is on the last year of his deal as well as Smoot.  Hopefully Yannick gets signed but you never know.  If pass rusher is at the top of their board you take him regardless of round.   QB is the only position you dont look at because we have 2 good ones and we usually only carry 2 on the roster anyway. If Young is sitting there when we pick which he wont be, it would be a no brainer to take him

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 04:07 PM by Kane.)

I wouldn't mind using a 3-5 rd pick on a DE really.

But 3 picks in first 2 rounds gotta be OL, DB, LB or DT I think

(10-30-2019, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 11:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can. I would never draft a QB or a DE in the next draft, under any circumstances. Here's why. We have Foles until at least 2021, before we can even think about dumping his contract. His contract just has too much dead cap money if we get rid of him before that. On top of that, it's very early in Minshew's development to simply crown him as the future franchise QB. We need an insurance policy and Foles is it. Minshew looks like he has something special, but he needs more time and development before I can would make any assumptions. That gives us two solid QB's on our roster until at least, 2021 and I'm against carrying 3 QB's, so even if Burrow or Tua dropped to us, I wouldn't draft them. Instead, I'd look to trade down and accumulate even more draft picks, which would be a win for us. 

You can never have to many good pass rushers.  Campbell is getting older and Yannick is on the last year of his deal as well as Smoot.  Hopefully Yannick gets signed but you never know.  If pass rusher is at the top of their board you take him regardless of round.   QB is the only position you dont look at because we have 2 good ones and we usually only carry 2 on the roster anyway.  If Young is sitting there when we pick which he wont be, it would be a no brainer to take him

I already said, I'm re-signing all 3. Problem solved. If I can't get Yannick re-signed, I franchise him for the next 2 seasons. So as it stands, Ngakoue and Allen are going nowhere. We've got them at least through 2021. Even if I somehow can't get a new deal with either Campbell or Smoot, both are signed through 2020, so I'm not worrying about drafting a DE until at least 2021. I'm not taking a DE in 2020, no matter what the circumstances are. We tons have immediate depth at that position with 4 of the top edge rushers in the league. Drafting a DE would mean I would have to get rid of one of our existing DE's and I'm not gonna do that. If Young is sitting there, teams will want to move up. It would be a no-brainer to trade that pick for a king's ransom and use those picks to fill needs where we have no decent players, like O-Line, TE and NT. If we have 100 good DE's, but we still suck in other positions, we're never gonna get any better.

(10-30-2019, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: I wouldn't mind using a 3-5 rd pick on a DE really.

With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Henry Ruggs, WR/KR, Alabama

I'd be happy with a combination of any of these guys in round 1.

(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: I wouldn't mind using a 3-5 rd pick on a DE really.

With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

My way-too-early-probably-not-accurate Fanspeak Mock 4 rounder

1: R1P18
CB KRISTIAN FULTON

2: R1P20
DL RAEKWON DAVIS

3: R2P18
TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM

4: R3P18
G NETANE MUTI

5: R4P18
WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

I waited on OL only because of the way the picks fell, getting Fulton that late is a steal (and a dream likely) Davis is good value there too imo.
and I don't think that TE is actually available that late in round 2... but to pair him with Oliver would be great imo.
Claypool is a big body WR to develop and move into the lineup when Conley moves on.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 04:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-30-2019, 04:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You can never have to many good pass rushers.  Campbell is getting older and Yannick is on the last year of his deal as well as Smoot.  Hopefully Yannick gets signed but you never know.  If pass rusher is at the top of their board you take him regardless of round.   QB is the only position you dont look at because we have 2 good ones and we usually only carry 2 on the roster anyway.  If Young is sitting there when we pick which he wont be, it would be a no brainer to take him

I already said, I'm re-signing all 3. Problem solved. If I can't get Yannick re-signed, I franchise him for the next 2 seasons. So as it stands, Ngakoue and Allen are going nowhere. We've got them at least through 2021. Even if I somehow can't get a new deal with either Campbell or Smoot, both are signed through 2020, so I'm not worrying about drafting a DE until at least 2021. I'm not taking a DE in 2020, no matter what the circumstances are. We tons have immediate depth at that position with 4 of the top edge rushers in the league. Drafting a DE would mean I would have to get rid of one of our existing DE's and I'm not gonna do that. If Young is sitting there, teams will want to move up. It would be a no-brainer to trade that pick for a king's ransom and use those picks to fill needs where we have no decent players, like O-Line, TE and NT. If we have 100 good DE's, but we still suck in other positions, we're never gonna get any better.
If Young is there you take him and trade Yann.  BPA. Then we have money to go get AJ Geen and another top FA with a nasty pass rush

(10-30-2019, 04:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

My way-too-early-probably-not-accurate Fanspeak Mock 4 rounder

CB KRISTIAN FULTON

DL RAEKWON DAVIS

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM

G NETANE MUTI

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

I waited on OL only because of the way the picks fell, getting Fulton that late is a steal (and a dream likely) Davis is good value there too imo.
and I don't think that TE is actually available that late in round 2... but to pair him with Oliver would be great imo.
Claypool is a big body WR to develop and move into the lineup when Conley moves on.

I like the value there and potential with Claypool. Landing the best TE potentially of next year's class in RD2 would be a good deal. You also addressed needs on defense going into next year at CB and DT. Don't know enough about Muti at G though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-30-2019, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I already said, I'm re-signing all 3. Problem solved. If I can't get Yannick re-signed, I franchise him for the next 2 seasons. So as it stands, Ngakoue and Allen are going nowhere. We've got them at least through 2021. Even if I somehow can't get a new deal with either Campbell or Smoot, both are signed through 2020, so I'm not worrying about drafting a DE until at least 2021. I'm not taking a DE in 2020, no matter what the circumstances are. We tons have immediate depth at that position with 4 of the top edge rushers in the league. Drafting a DE would mean I would have to get rid of one of our existing DE's and I'm not gonna do that. If Young is sitting there, teams will want to move up. It would be a no-brainer to trade that pick for a king's ransom and use those picks to fill needs where we have no decent players, like O-Line, TE and NT. If we have 100 good DE's, but we still suck in other positions, we're never gonna get any better.
If Young is there you take him and trade Yann.  BPA.  Then we have money to go get AJ Geen and another top FA with a nasty pass rush

No way! I keep the proven guy over the unproven rookie. What if you trade away Ngakoue and Young busts in the NFL? You traded away a proven NFL edge rusher and now you have to start all over at the position. As far as A.J. Green, no way. He is on the downside of his career. His body is breaking down. He only played 10 games in 2016, 9 games in 2018 and he has yet to start a game this season, but he's gonna command a big salary. Pass. Gimme TE Austin Hooper, LB Blake Martinez and DT Jordan Phillips in free agency.

(10-30-2019, 04:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:37 PM)Kane Wrote: My way-too-early-probably-not-accurate Fanspeak Mock 4 rounder

CB KRISTIAN FULTON

DL RAEKWON DAVIS

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM

G NETANE MUTI

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

I like the value there and potential with Claypool. Landing the best TE potentially of next year's class in RD2 would be a good deal. You also addressed needs on defense going into next year at CB and DT. Don't know enough about Muti at G though.

Love the Fulton pick and the Okwuegbunam pick in round 3, (even though he won't fall that far.) I'm not a fan of Davis at all. He's pretty decent against the run, but offers nothing in pass rush. The reason I liked Marcell Dareus, is that he was good against the run and he could collapse the pocket and get after the QB as well. Davis is a one trick pony and his one trick is nothing special. I had to look up Muti to even find out who he was. Claypool in the 4th would be good value.

Tons of DBs, WRs, DEs and O line in this draft. It's exciting to have multiple 1sts without a QB need.?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 09:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-30-2019, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Young is there you take him and trade Yann.  BPA.  Then we have money to go get AJ Geen and another top FA with a nasty pass rush

No way! I keep the proven guy over the unproven rookie. What if you trade away Ngakoue and Young busts in the NFL? You traded away a proven NFL edge rusher and now you have to start all over at the position. As far as A.J. Green, no way. He is on the downside of his career. His body is breaking down. He only played 10 games in 2016, 9 games in 2018 and he has yet to start a game this season, but he's gonna command a big salary. Pass. Gimme TE Austin Hooper, LB Blake Martinez and DT Jordan Phillips in free agency.

Young aint gonna be a bust.  Hes an elite talent like Allen and Bosa was last year.  Yannick is a really good player but he isnt on that elite level talent like a Bosa, Allen, or Young.  Green just needs to get out of Cinci, im sure he could play now if he wanted to but it would really be risking his career on that winless team at this point and hes about to be a FA.  Give me the elite talent on the rookie deal.  Not taking BPA and passing on elite level talent for need is how you lose your job in a couple years

(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No way! I keep the proven guy over the unproven rookie. What if you trade away Ngakoue and Young busts in the NFL? You traded away a proven NFL edge rusher and now you have to start all over at the position. As far as A.J. Green, no way. He is on the downside of his career. His body is breaking down. He only played 10 games in 2016, 9 games in 2018 and he has yet to start a game this season, but he's gonna command a big salary. Pass. Gimme TE Austin Hooper, LB Blake Martinez and DT Jordan Phillips in free agency.

Young aint gonna be a bust.  Hes an elite talent like Allen and Bosa was last year.  Yannick is a really good player but he isnt on that elite level talent like a Bosa, Allen, or Young.  Green just needs to get out of Cinci, im sure he could play now if he wanted to but it would really be risking his career on that winless team at this point and hes about to be a FA.  Give me the elite talent on the rookie deal.  Not taking BPA and passing on elite level talent for need is how you lose your job in a couple years

You lose your NFL job when you get rid of proven NFL talent, just to chose unproven rookies at the same position.