Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No way! I keep the proven guy over the unproven rookie. What if you trade away Ngakoue and Young busts in the NFL? You traded away a proven NFL edge rusher and now you have to start all over at the position. As far as A.J. Green, no way. He is on the downside of his career. His body is breaking down. He only played 10 games in 2016, 9 games in 2018 and he has yet to start a game this season, but he's gonna command a big salary. Pass. Gimme TE Austin Hooper, LB Blake Martinez and DT Jordan Phillips in free agency.

Young aint gonna be a bust.  Hes an elite talent like Allen and Bosa was last year.  Yannick is a really good player but he isnt on that elite level talent like a Bosa, Allen, or Young.  Green just needs to get out of Cinci, im sure he could play now if he wanted to but it would really be risking his career on that winless team at this point and hes about to be a FA.  Give me the elite talent on the rookie deal.  Not taking BPA and passing on elite level talent for need is how you lose your job in a couple years
Except that Yan has already proven to be on that level despite his 3rd round draft status.

If Young were available, you take him and keep Yan and Allen. Oh no... We have too many pass rushers that keep disrupting the QB (49ers......)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 09:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-31-2019, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Young aint gonna be a bust.  Hes an elite talent like Allen and Bosa was last year.  Yannick is a really good player but he isnt on that elite level talent like a Bosa, Allen, or Young.  Green just needs to get out of Cinci, im sure he could play now if he wanted to but it would really be risking his career on that winless team at this point and hes about to be a FA.  Give me the elite talent on the rookie deal.  Not taking BPA and passing on elite level talent for need is how you lose your job in a couple years
Except that Yan has already proven to be on that level despite his 3rd round draft status.

If Young were available, you take him and keep Yan and Allen. Oh no... We have too many pass rushers that keep disrupting the QB (49ers......)

I'd be ok with keeping all 3 depending on what kind of contract Yan wants.  He isnt on Bosa's or Allen's level though sorry.  I dont care what round he was picked in. When it comes to Maryland players, your opinions are skewed

(10-28-2019, 02:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jags 2020 draft.....

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
2. John Simpson, OG, Clemson
3. Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State

I like targeting these positions early if things play out that way. 

I'd probably be looking at CB earlier, but that's just me.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 11:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-30-2019, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Young aint gonna be a bust.  Hes an elite talent like Allen and Bosa was last year.  Yannick is a really good player but he isnt on that elite level talent like a Bosa, Allen, or Young.  Green just needs to get out of Cinci, im sure he could play now if he wanted to but it would really be risking his career on that winless team at this point and hes about to be a FA.  Give me the elite talent on the rookie deal.  Not taking BPA and passing on elite level talent for need is how you lose your job in a couple years

What would you do with Campbell and Smoot? I REALLY don't wanna lose the leadership Campbell provides the entire defense, not to mention the fact that he still has the ability to just dominate games like he did against Tennessee. I also love that Smoot has the size to kick inside to 3 technique on certain downs, because he is so big. He shows so much versatility and has really taken advantage of his limited playing time off the bench. I wanna keep all 4 of these guys as long as possible. All 4 are proven NFL DE's.

(10-31-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 02:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jags 2020 draft.....

1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
2. John Simpson, OG, Clemson
3. Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State

I like targeting these positions early if things play out that way. 

It's just a guesstimate. You never know how the real draft is gonna play out. Those 4 picks were just done based on a mock that I did based on current draft positions. Those were the players that fell to us based on my mock. As far as CB, Okudah and Fulton were gone by our first selection, so I though Kinlaw represented the best value with that pick, since I see a huge dropoff at DT after him and Derrick Brown, who I had going #8. I had CB Paulson Adebo getting selected before our other first round pick, so at that time, I had the rest of the available CB's all rated pretty much the same. That's why I waited.

(10-31-2019, 11:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except that Yan has already proven to be on that level despite his 3rd round draft status.

What would you do with Campbell and Smoot? I REALLY don't wanna lose the leadership Campbell provides the entire defense, not to mention the fact that he still has the ability to just dominate games like he did against Tennessee. I also love that Smoot has the size to kick inside to 3 technique on certain downs, because he is so big. He shows so much versatility and has really taken advantage of his limited playing time off the bench. I wanna keep all 4 of these guys as long as possible. All 4 are proven NFL DE's.

(10-31-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I like targeting these positions early if things play out that way. 

It's just a guesstimate. You never know how the real draft is gonna play out. Those 4 picks were just done based on a mock that I did based on current draft positions. Those were the players that fell to us based on my mock. As far as CB, Okudah and Fulton were gone by our first selection, so I though Kinlaw represented the best value with that pick, since I see a huge dropoff at DT after him and Derrick Brown, who I had going #8. I had CB Paulson Adebo getting selected before our other first round pick, so at that time, I had the rest of the available CB's all rated pretty much the same. That's why I waited.

Smoot has played better this year but if you pass on a talent like Young because you have Smoot lol

(10-31-2019, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 11:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What would you do with Campbell and Smoot? I REALLY don't wanna lose the leadership Campbell provides the entire defense, not to mention the fact that he still has the ability to just dominate games like he did against Tennessee. I also love that Smoot has the size to kick inside to 3 technique on certain downs, because he is so big. He shows so much versatility and has really taken advantage of his limited playing time off the bench. I wanna keep all 4 of these guys as long as possible. All 4 are proven NFL DE's.

Smoot has played better this year but if you pass on a talent like Young because you have Smoot lol

If I spend a first round pick on a guy, I want him to be a full time starter. Ngakoue and Allen are our full-time starters at DE for the next 4-5 years, at least. I also plan on re-signing Campbell to a 2-3 year deal. Where would Young play? He's basically gonna be a part time/rotational player in this defense for a long time. I don't spend first rounders on part time players. Not when I have HUGE needs in several other areas that are holding us back. The only way it would make sense to draft Young, is if we switched to a 3-4 defense and I son't see that happening.

(10-30-2019, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like the value there and potential with Claypool. Landing the best TE potentially of next year's class in RD2 would be a good deal. You also addressed needs on defense going into next year at CB and DT. Don't know enough about Muti at G though.

Love the Fulton pick and the Okwuegbunam pick in round 3, (even though he won't fall that far.) I'm not a fan of Davis at all. He's pretty decent against the run, but offers nothing in pass rush. The reason I liked Marcell Dareus, is that he was good against the run and he could collapse the pocket and get after the QB as well. Davis is a one trick pony and his one trick is nothing special. I had to look up Muti to even find out who he was. Claypool in the 4th would be good value.

Okwue is actually round 2 (3rd pick) but I still don't think he lasts that late. Could be a late 1st rounder. Davis was the best NT left, with the Auburn guy and SCAR guy being taken already.

(10-31-2019, 12:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 12:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Smoot has played better this year but if you pass on a talent like Young because you have Smoot lol

If I spend a first round pick on a guy, I want him to be a full time starter. Ngakoue and Allen are our full-time starters at DE for the next 4-5 years, at least. I also plan on re-signing Campbell to a 2-3 year deal. Where would Young play? He's basically gonna be a part time/rotational player in this defense for a long time. I don't spend first rounders on part time players. Not when I have HUGE needs in several other areas that are holding us back. The only way it would make sense to draft Young, is if we switched to a 3-4 defense and I son't see that happening.
That's a problem I want to have. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Dee Ford, Thomas.... 49ers DLine wrecks and they give you no plays off.

(10-31-2019, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Love the Fulton pick and the Okwuegbunam pick in round 3, (even though he won't fall that far.) I'm not a fan of Davis at all. He's pretty decent against the run, but offers nothing in pass rush. The reason I liked Marcell Dareus, is that he was good against the run and he could collapse the pocket and get after the QB as well. Davis is a one trick pony and his one trick is nothing special. I had to look up Muti to even find out who he was. Claypool in the 4th would be good value.

Okwue is actually round 2 (3rd pick) but I still don't think he lasts that late. Could be a late 1st rounder. Davis was the best NT left, with the Auburn guy and SCAR guy being taken already.

I'd be shocked if Okwuegbunam made it passed the Patriots in round 1. I could even see them moving up a few spots to get him. IMO, he's not worth a first rounder though. Second, yes. First, no.

(10-31-2019, 01:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 12:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If I spend a first round pick on a guy, I want him to be a full time starter. Ngakoue and Allen are our full-time starters at DE for the next 4-5 years, at least. I also plan on re-signing Campbell to a 2-3 year deal. Where would Young play? He's basically gonna be a part time/rotational player in this defense for a long time. I don't spend first rounders on part time players. Not when I have HUGE needs in several other areas that are holding us back. The only way it would make sense to draft Young, is if we switched to a 3-4 defense and I son't see that happening.
That's a problem I want to have. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Dee Ford, Thomas.... 49ers DLine wrecks and they give you no plays off.

Buckner is a DT and that is HUGE though. He's one of the best interior D-Linemen in the NFL. Once Dareus is cut, we don't have that. It's gonna leave a giant hole. If we miss out on Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw, because we took another DE (a luxury pick,) I fear our run defense will suffer immensely. There is a giant drop off after those two guys.

(10-31-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I like targeting these positions early if things play out that way. 

I hear you.

I like Adebo too.  Would be cool if our latter first round pick found him still on the board. 

While I absolutely think we should add a quality guard prospect (or tackle that projects well at guard) I'm not totally convinced we'll add a defacto center.  
Marrone and DeFilippo have both raved about Linder lately and I think they'll want that continuity there for Minshew/Foles going into year two.  Got a feeling they hold off on that. Now, if a top center prospect is meant to challenge at either guard spot in the short term... that makes some sense.

(10-31-2019, 01:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That's a problem I want to have. Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Dee Ford, Thomas.... 49ers DLine wrecks and they give you no plays off.

Buckner is a DT and that is HUGE though. He's one of the best interior D-Linemen in the NFL. Once Dareus is cut, we don't have that. It's gonna leave a giant hole. If we miss out on Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw, because we took another DE (a luxury pick,) I fear our run defense will suffer immensely. There is a giant drop off after those two guys.
And what if Chase Young is like Campbell where he can play every position on the DLine?

My point is that if Chase Young is by far the best player left on your board, you take him. If his grade is equal to that of another player at a position of need, take the other player.

(10-31-2019, 01:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I hear you.

I like Adebo too.  Would be cool if our latter first round pick found him still on the board. 

While I absolutely think we should add a quality guard prospect (or tackle that projects well at guard) I'm not totally convinced we'll add a defacto center.  
Marrone and DeFilippo have both raved about Linder lately and I think they'll want that continuity there for Minshew/Foles going into year two.  Got a feeling they hold off on that. Now, if a top center prospect is meant to challenge at either guard spot in the short term... that makes some sense.

This is one of those strange years that Center Tyler Biadasz, is by FAR the best interior lineman in the draft. The next best guy IMO, is also a Center, Creed Humphrey of Oklahoma. He should either go at the top of the 2nd round or the late 1st. Both guys have only played Center in college. Given how bad our OG play has been this season, I believe we have to address it with the best personnel possible and those two guys are elite. With that said, if it were up to me, I'd see if one of the OT's (Andrew Thomas, Trey Adams or Tristan Wirfs) were still on the board. If they were, I'd draft one of those guys, move them to LT and kick Cam Robinson inside to LG, but I can't see the team doing that. It's just what I would do. 

I'd love to get Adebo in the first. Unfortunately, I see a major run on corners in round 1. I could see 4-5 corners going in round 1, given the uneven CB play from several teams in the NFL.

(10-31-2019, 02:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Buckner is a DT and that is HUGE though. He's one of the best interior D-Linemen in the NFL. Once Dareus is cut, we don't have that. It's gonna leave a giant hole. If we miss out on Derrick Brown and Javon Kinlaw, because we took another DE (a luxury pick,) I fear our run defense will suffer immensely. There is a giant drop off after those two guys.
And what if Chase Young is like Campbell where he can play every position on the DLine?

My point is that if Chase Young is by far the best player left on your board, you take him. If his grade is equal to that of another player at a position of need, take the other player.

That is the question, can he? We know Campbell can, so if you get rid of him to add Young and then Young busts, you got rid of a really good player for nothing. If we pass and he goes to another team and blows up, fine, but I'm trading out of that spot for a king's ransom. I'm really happy with the DE's we have and the picks we could get back for that pick could bring us a ton of good, young talent. Besides, I see NO way Young makes it out of the first 3 picks.

(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: I wouldn't mind using a 3-5 rd pick on a DE really.

But 3 picks in first 2 rounds gotta be OL, DB, LB or DT I think

With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
Henry Ruggs, WR/KR, Alabama

I'd be happy with a combination of any of these guys in round 1.

The mere fact that you don't have Chase Young on your list is very telling.  Hands down he's the best prospect in this class. With that said,  I agree with you that we need two of those players off your list with Young added.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-01-2019, 10:43 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

The mere fact that you don't have Chase Young on your list is very telling.  Hands down he's the best prospect in this class. With that said,  I agree with you that we need two of those players off your list with Young added.

Did you not read any of the above post? Dude, read the other posts before responding. This list was compiled, due to my reasoning why I wouldn't draft Young. If he were on the board, I'd trade down and acquire a king's ransom of picks to help in other areas. I'm not gonna repeat what I already explained. Just read the posts above and you'll get caught up.

(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: I wouldn't mind using a 3-5 rd pick on a DE really.

But 3 picks in first 2 rounds gotta be OL, DB, LB or DT I think

With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

I can't see drafting a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds- especially when there will be very good prospects at cornerback, defensive tackle and offensive line who will be available. Since it's highly unlikely that either of the Jaguars' picks will be in the top 15, it's doubtful Thomas, Brown or Okudah will be on the board. I'd like either Trey Adams or Biadasz with one of the 1st rounders and the best available corner with the 2nd. One guy you left out is Lamb, the injured corner from Virginia. He would also be a possibility at corner depending on how his rehab goes. He'd be a steal in the 2nd round if he lasts that long. An ideal 1st 3 rounds would be:

Kinlaw and Biadasz- round 1

Lamb- round 2

Hamler- round 3

(11-02-2019, 11:21 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: With Dareus gone, DT is a must and you know my feelings when it comes to the O-Line. I would lean towards these positions, but if a DB like Grant Delpit, Jeff Okudah or Kristian Fulton were still on the board, I'd be extremely happy. Right now, if the draft were held today, my targets would be......

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

I can't see drafting a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds- especially when there will be very good prospects at cornerback, defensive tackle and offensive line who will be available. Since it's highly unlikely that either of the Jaguars' picks will be in the top 15, it's doubtful Thomas, Brown or Okudah will be on the board. I'd like either Trey Adams or Biadasz with one of the 1st rounders and the best available corner with the 2nd. One guy you left out is Lamb, the injured corner from Virginia. He would also be a possibility at corner depending on how his rehab goes. He'd be a steal in the 2nd round if he lasts that long. An ideal 1st 3 rounds would be:

Lamb- round 2

Hamler- round 3

You mean Bryce Hall of Virginia? I'm not really a fan.

(11-02-2019, 11:21 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Lamb- round 2

Hamler- round 3
Sorry, O-Line, I meant Bryce Hall- not Lamb. Hall was rated a top 20 prospect prior to his injury.

(11-02-2019, 11:28 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 11:21 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I can't see drafting a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds- especially when there will be very good prospects at cornerback, defensive tackle and offensive line who will be available. Since it's highly unlikely that either of the Jaguars' picks will be in the top 15, it's doubtful Thomas, Brown or Okudah will be on the board. I'd like either Trey Adams or Biadasz with one of the 1st rounders and the best available corner with the 2nd. One guy you left out is Lamb, the injured corner from Virginia. He would also be a possibility at corner depending on how his rehab goes. He'd be a steal in the 2nd round if he lasts that long. An ideal 1st 3 rounds would be:

Lamb- round 2

Hamler- round 3
Sorry, O-Line, I meant Bryce Hall- not Lamb. Hall was rated a top 20 prospect prior to his injury.

I wasn't really impressed with him last season and I just didn't get to see enough of a body of work from him this season (due to his season ending injury), to risk spending a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd round pick on him. Now if he somehow falls to the 4th, I could be swayed. IMO, 1st-3rd round picks are reserved for guys I really believe can be good starters in the NFL.