Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-26-2019, 01:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 11:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's not this difficult I promise. 

Nobody is saying they know definitively what happened, everyone is operating under what they "think" happened. 

The two things which I mentioned as "indefensible" are both things which are pretty easy to see for me i.e Marrone being undermined and Jalen "feeling disrespected" 

I've been consistent in saying both parties are to blame so I don't why you think I'm presenting a singular argument.

You are spitting into the wind here.

No argument that spportions blame anywhere but Ramsey is going to be entertained, no matter how factual or plausible it may be.

Of course, nobody from that side has offered any explanation whatsoever explaining why so many teams were so interested in acquiring Ramsey if his actions were so absolutely repugnant to all things football and offended all notions of common human decency.

With regard to the bold, this is also speculation.

Even during and after the game, everyone here was critical of Ramsey getting so worked up over the non-challenge. Nobody was cheering Jalen on for getting in coach's face or the sideline skirmish that carried on past that.

Are you saying that commenters who are not ready to fire Coughlin were in denial about Jalen's on-field talent?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Its a game of replacement for us. We keep the guys who want to stay, and the others we trade/let go. Belichek does this all the time, and we can too. Yeah we don't have Brady, but eventually we will get a good QB and when we do we will be in good shape.

We are a small market team, guys won't automatically want to play for us. The draft is the primary way we can improve, FA is generally not our thing. I completely support trying to draft our way into contention, buying our way hasn't worked out for us. At least we draft good enough now that we can get picks for our players.
The distinctions are numerous.

The Patriots have won SIX Super Bowls and lost THREE others just in the Belichick era.

They have no trouble attracting just about any free agent they want.

They accumulated talented as hell players during that time, including those deemed malcontents like COrey Dillon, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib and Darelle Revis.

They haven't had a long history of botching draft picks the way the Jaguars have.
We have none of that going for us.

Just two seasons agi we were <3 minutes away from reaching the Super Bowl.

Now we are rebuilding-AGAIN!

Shaking my head in dismay.

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(10-15-2019, 09:24 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The distinctions are numerous.

The Patriots have won SIX Super Bowls and lost THREE others just in the Belichick era.

They accumulated talented as hell players during that time, including those deemed malcontents like COrey Dillon, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib and Darelle Revis.

They haven't had a long history of botching draft picks the way the Jaguars have.

I seldom see you overreact.  We are not rebuilding just because Ramsey got shipped.  Good/great teams are not build around cornerbacks.

In the six months or so since the Ramsey trade...

We have traded away Calais Campbell, AJ Bouye, Nick Foles, Yannick Ngakoue is holding out, demanding a trade, and has repeatedly stated he doesn't want to play for the Jaguars again, we have cut Marcell Dareusand we are now shopping Fournette.

If Ngakoue is traded, the only two contributing players remaining from that 2017 defense will be Myles Jack and Abry Jones.

From that offense, Bortles, Fournette (if traded or cut), Yeldon, Parnell are currently gone, and it looks like Lee and Cole will also depart.

Anyone still think I overreacted?

Anyone still think we aren't rebuilding?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-18-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

(10-15-2019, 09:24 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I seldom see you overreact.  We are not rebuilding just because Ramsey got shipped.  Good/great teams are not build around cornerbacks.

We have traded away Calais Campbell, AJ Bouye, Nick Foles, Yannick Ngakoue is holding out, demanding a trade, and has repeatedly stated he doesn't want to play for the Jaguars again, we have cut Marcell Dareusand we are now shopping Fournette.

If Ngakoue is traded, the only two contributing players remaining from that 2017 defense will be Myles Jack and Abry Jones.

From that offense, Bortles, Fournette (if traded or cut), Yeldon, Parnell are currently gone, and it looks like Lee and Cole will also depart.

All those guys were here in 2018 and what happened?
Most of those guys were here last year and what happened?

Only Ramsey and CC would make a difference, Ramsey was being a [BLEEP], he is a diva and a cancer, it was a good move to trade him. Rams are gonna regret that trade soon enough. CC is getting old and we are not doing anything this season anyway, we have the same lame GM, HC and DC.

(04-18-2020, 11:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: In the six months or so since the Ramsey trade...

All those guys were here in 2018 and what happened?

Only Ramsey and CC would make a difference, Ramsey was being a [BLEEP], he is a diva and a cancer, it was a good move to trade him. Rams are gonna regret that trade soon enough. CC is getting old and we are not doing anything this season anyway, we have the same lame GM, HC and DC.

In 2018, we had an incredible slate of injuries along the OL.  By midseason, we were down to our FOURTH LT, an established bust who was on another team's roster the opening week of the season when we played them.  That made it impossible for this team to win consistently.  Even with that, the defense still finished in the top ten (though admittedly it wasn't as good as it had been in 2017.

But I find it odd that you'd think Dareus wouldn't make a difference considering four of the five games we allowed 195 yards rushing or more happened after he was injured vs Cincinnati in October and placed on IR. 

I know that when talented players try to get new contracts from their teams, fans tend to minimize their contributions and vilify them.  Nevertheless, I still find it somewhat odd you would suggest Ngakoue wouldn't make a difference on the team.  This is from the team's website:  https://www.jaguars.com/team/players-ros...k-ngakoue/ 

Quote:PRO (Games played/started - 63/62, 3/3)
• Led the league with six forced fumbles in 2017 en route to his first career Pro Bowl nod
• His 37.5 career sacks rank second in franchise history
• Of his 37.5 career sacks, 12 have been strip-sacks
• His 37.5 sacks are the most by a Jaguars player through 63 career games in franchise history
• His 14 forced fumbles are the fourth-most in the NFL since 2016
• Is the only player over the last decade in the NFL to post at least 37.5 sacks and 14 forced fumbles through 63 career games
• Is currently tied for the most multi-sack games in franchise history

All at just 25 years old.  Funny that the team has repeatedly expressed interest in bringing Ngakoue back, and has gone as far as to franchise him and demand a minimum if a first round pick in exchange for him.

I find it odd you would think we wouldn't miss AJ Bouye.  Did Bouye have a great year last year?  No.  Not many players did.  But now instead of one CB we need to replace, we have two starters we need to replace.  That affects our draft strategy now.  

Also falling into the odd category is your assertion that Gardner Minshew won't miss Fournette at all considering he was the team's leading receiver in terms of receptions last year, the team's leading rusher, and is experienced in blitz pickup.  Is Fournette an elite back?  No.  Was he the best possible use of the 4th overall pick in 2017?  No.  But if we go with a rookie RB this year, there is no guarantee he'll produce some 1600 combined rushing and receiving yards, to say nothing of blitz pickup, especially in this current environment-even if we hit on his replacement in the draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2020, 11:04 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-19-2020, 05:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:27 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: All those guys were here in 2018 and what happened?

In 2018, we had an incredible slate of injuries along the OL.  By midseason, we were down to our FOURTH LT, an established bust who was on another team's roster the opening week of the season when we played them.  That made it impossible for this team to win consistently.  Even with that, the defense still finished in the top ten (though admittedly it wasn't as good as it had been in 2017.

But I find it odd that you'd think Dareus wouldn't make a difference considering four of the five games we allowed 195 yards rushing or more happened after he was injured vs Cincinnati in October and placed on IR. 

I know that when talented players try to get new contracts from their teams, fans tend to minimize their contributions and vilify them.  Nevertheless, I still find it somewhat odd you would suggest Ngakoue wouldn't make a difference on the team.  This is from the team's website:  https://www.jaguars.com/team/players-ros...k-ngakoue/ 

Quote:PRO (Games played/started - 63/62, 3/3)
• Led the league with six forced fumbles in 2017 en route to his first career Pro Bowl nod
• His 37.5 career sacks rank second in franchise history
• Of his 37.5 career sacks, 12 have been strip-sacks
• His 37.5 sacks are the most by a Jaguars player through 63 career games in franchise history
• His 14 forced fumbles are the fourth-most in the NFL since 2016
• Is the only player over the last decade in the NFL to post at least 37.5 sacks and 14 forced fumbles through 63 career games
• Is currently tied for the most multi-sack games in franchise history

All at just 25 years old.  Funny that the team has repeatedly expressed interest in bringing Ngakoue back, and has gone as far as to franchise him and demand a minimum if a first round pick in exchange for him.

I find it odd you would think we wouldn't miss AJ Bouye.  Did Bouye have a great year last year?  No.  Not many players did.  But now instead of one CB we need to replace, we have two starters we need to replace.  That affects  our draft strategy now.  

Also falling into the odd category is your assertion that Gardner Minshew won't miss Fournette at all considering he was the team's leading receiver in terms of receptions last year, the team's leading rusher, and is experienced in blitz pickup.  Is Fournette an elite back?  No.  Was he the best possible use of the 4th overall pick in 2017?  No.  But if we go with a rookie RB this year, there is no guarantee he'll produce some 1600 combined rushing and receiving yards, to say nothing of blitz pickup, especially in this current environment-even if we hit on his replacement in the draft.

Dareus is getting old and has had problems with injuries... didn't someone say that even if we resigned him he wouldn't be available for the first few games? either way he is coming from and injury and getting old, who knows how effective he will be, it would be a big risk to give him big money.
I think you are the one giving too much credit to Ngakoue. Again, he was in there the last 2 seasons making lil difference. Again, go back and check his last year sacks, most of them vs garbage teams and/or backups. Not to mention he had awful plays vs the run. Allen is far superior and will be better giving here more time. Smoot had 6 sack in lil playing time and I have no doubt he can be better vs the run than Ngakoue.
Bouye was great in 2017, he was average the last 2 seasons.

Point is, even with those players the team has been garbage. 
I honestly don't see why you are worried, it is obvious that with or without those players this team is gonna suck this year, unless Minshew plays at truly deserving Pro bowl level this will be a bad season.
Need to remind you how bad Todd Wash is?

Giving too much credit to Fournette too, you might wanna go back and check threads from the start of the season when a lot of people realized and even posted videos that showed Fournette has no vision. 4.0 per carry is nothing special. 3 TD's last season. Catches? cool, too bad he couldn't make anyone miss a tackle.

One of the all time great trades for the Jags lol. Still can't believe Dave pulled that off https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1299...87456?s=19

(08-28-2020, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of the all time great trades for the Jags lol.  Still can't believe Dave pulled that off https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1299...87456?s=19

What a surprise! Rolleyes

So who traded Ramsey? Coughlin or Caldwell?
I guess that if The Rams sign him to an extension and they somehow win the SB it was Coughlin. If they have trouble resigning him or somehow they lose him, it was Caldwell being a genius like always  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Ramsey's back must be flaring up again, he unfollowed the Rams Twitter and changed his pic to black and silver.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2020, 11:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ramsey's back must be flaring up again, he unfollowed the Rams Twitter and changed his pic to black and silver.

lol I love it.

Where are all the people who keep crying because TC traded this loser?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 05:46 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-04-2020, 11:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ramsey's back must be flaring up again, he unfollowed the Rams Twitter and changed his pic to black and silver.

Wow, they gave up two first round picks and now they have to re-sign him.  Couple that with the decrease in the salary cap next season and the fact that the Rams have very little cap room even now.  

I wonder if Les Snead will get fired if they can't get him re-signed.

Ramsey has also unfollowed the Rams on Instagram, as well as removed the blue and gold in his "Jalen Ramsey" logo.

To the older posters, this may not seem like a big deal. But as a guy who's only 24 and has grown up through high school and college in this social media age, I can promise you it is significant.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Poor Jalen. /sarcasm

Funny thing is, the Jags will have one of the best cap situations next year. Would be embarrassing for the Rams if they are unable to re-sign him, but doubly so if the Jags decide to pursue him in free agency. That being said I’m done with him so I’d prefer that second scenario to not play out.

Dude is the poster boy for the spoiled, tantrum throwing, self over valuing and down right dishonest lying kook that he is. Sweet jalen would not have been able to cut it in the days of real football.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 09:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Shad also said that he wanted to make Jalen the highest paid corner. But the highest paid wasnt enough, he wanted like 4 more a year than the highest paid and he isnt even a top 3 corner.

(09-05-2020, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Dude is the poster boy for the spoiled, tantrum throwing, self over valuing and down right dishonest lying kook that he is. Sweet jalen would not have been able to cut it in the days of real football.

Yep, he rubbed off on a few guys like Yan.  Just glad we can start fresh.

(04-18-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

(10-15-2019, 09:24 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I seldom see you overreact.  We are not rebuilding just because Ramsey got shipped.  Good/great teams are not build around cornerbacks.

I still support the direction of the team. I forgot about that post, but I still agree with it. No point holding onto people who don't want to be here. Agree that we are rebuilding.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 10:21 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-15-2019, 08:49 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:44 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I get there was no good ending to this but just look how that D is falling to pieces. Malik, Poz, Telvin, Ramsey, Colvin, Gipson, Church all gone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Yannick go aswell. Hell get paid top money by someone. And if he wants to go we will just let him.
At this point we can afford to lose him. I wouldn't mind trading Yan for a 1st as well if we could get it. It will be better than the 3rd we will get when he signs a mega deal in the offseason with someone else.

(10-15-2019, 09:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:00 PM)Steve Wrote: The Los Angeles Rams now have every one of Jacksonville’s first round picks from 2014-2016
2014: Blake Bortles
2015: Dante Fowler
2016: Jalen Ramsey

Between the Rams and the Jaguars, which franchise made it to a Super Bowl?

Within the 25 year history of the Jaguars, the Jaguars made ZERO Super Bowls.

Within that same time frame, the Rams have been to THREE (3) Super Bowls, winning one, in part because they had the guts to pull the trigger on a trade for a talented player, in the effort to accumulate talent.

Yeah bullseye, you definitely overreacted on this one tho. The rams are going nowhere. I wish we had got a first for Yan, market for him was even weaker than expected.

(09-05-2020, 08:51 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Ramsey has also unfollowed the Rams on Instagram, as well as removed the blue and gold in his "Jalen Ramsey" logo.

To the older posters, this may not seem like a big deal. But as a guy who's only 24 and has grown up through high school and college in this social media age, I can promise you it is significant.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I think the Rams might just realize they are not really contenders anymore and they are debating if they want to hand out the mega-deal Ramsey wants at this point. Their cap was bad before Corona, now after it they are reallly gonna get hurt, especially if they give Ramsey what he wants.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If they let him walk, after giving up two first round picks and another pick to get him, Les Snead has to lose his job.  

That's why they will do everything they can do to keep him.  

The only way they let him walk is if the owner steps in and says Ramsey is gone, and Snead you are gone, too.

We all knew he would end up in Tennessee eventually. Just didn't expect it to be this soon.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-07-2020, 03:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We all knew he would end up in Tennessee eventually. Just didn't expect it to be this soon.

Or the Raiders, his girl that he cheated on his baby moma and Golden Tate sister with is in Vegas so he will probably go there

Jalen who? Did I miss something??
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!