Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need to hire Jim Harbaugh in 2020

(10-22-2019, 06:42 PM)enigma Wrote: He is the epitome of MEDIOCRITY.

Pass.

What’s your NFL head coaching record?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-22-2019, 07:06 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 06:42 PM)enigma Wrote: He is the epitome of MEDIOCRITY.

Pass.

What’s your NFL head coaching record?

Why does it matter? Doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is mediocre.

You about to start some more ad hominems? Would certainly fall in line with your xenophobic undertone.

He's all flash and zero substance... to think otherwise is to not have actually watched this guy

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 07:28 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

(10-22-2019, 07:16 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's all flash and zero substance... to think otherwise is to not have actually watched this guy

Yeah, it’s not like he completely turned a failing franchise around, turned a “bust” into a great NFL starter, and led said Franchise to a super bowl appearance. He definitely didn’t do any of that. Get real.

(10-22-2019, 07:16 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 07:06 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: What’s your NFL head coaching record?

Why does it matter? Doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is mediocre.

You about to start some more ad hominems? Would certainly fall in line with your xenophobic undertone.

Have you been picked on your whole life or something? You’re awfully defensive/ accusing. 
What kind of man just implies random BS because he knows the rest of the board will believe it because they don’t like me? That’s what a girl does bro. That’s real twisted stuff. But hey, do you.

I think you’re totally wrong about Harbaugh and often disagree with your takes.

But the accusations against you of xenophobia are mystifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-22-2019, 07:34 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think you’re totally wrong about Harbaugh and often disagree with your takes.

But the accusations against you of xenophobia are mystifying.

It stems from a post he made about Tony Khan but I encourage everyone posting in this thread to please:

Leave the personal insults out of this discussion moving forward. 

Harbaughs 49ers run looks a lot less impressive when you see how freakishly talented that roster was and how good his coordinators were (Vic Fangio top 5 DC, Greg Roman top 10 OC).

+ He has been extremely unimpressive at Michigan given the resources and recruits he's had

(10-22-2019, 03:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colleg...-michigan/

Harbaugh is more than likely out at his alma mater after this year, if the Jaguars want any chance of sniffing a SB, he’s gonna be the guy.

Harbaugh will still be at Michigan next year

Cuz he's done soooooo well for Michigan

bwahahaha

This Kalamari guy is a hoot

(10-23-2019, 10:20 AM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 03:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colleg...-michigan/

Harbaugh is more than likely out at his alma mater after this year, if the Jaguars want any chance of sniffing a SB, he’s gonna be the guy.

Harbaugh will still be at Michigan next year

I don't know if that counts as positive or negative statement.
He's the 'Tyson Alualu at pick #10' of coaching - all the expectation whether warranted or not, and nothing but steady, adequate performance for his career.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 04:14 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

(10-23-2019, 01:28 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:20 AM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Harbaugh will still be at Michigan next year

I don't know if that counts as positive or negative statement.
He's the 'Tyson Alualu at pick #10' of coaching - all the expectation whether warranted or not, and nothing but steady, adequate performance for his career.

There was too much hype and too much buy in to the hype, but after the crap storm we had with RichRod and Hoke I’m not going to burn Harbaugh at the stake for 3 10 win seasons in his first 4 years. Do I wish he’d be able to win big games? Of course. Is it annoying we’ll have no shot against Ohio State again? Of course. 

Am I confident whoever we bring in after him would do better? No.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/10/...ur-plan-is

(10-23-2019, 04:09 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 01:28 PM)Mikey Wrote: I don't know if that counts as positive or negative statement.

There was too much hype and too much buy in to the hype, but after the crap storm we had with RichRod and Hoke I’m not going to burn Harbaugh at the stake for 3 10 win seasons in his first 4 years. Do I wish he’d be able to win big games? Of course. Is it annoying we’ll have no shot against Ohio State again? Of course. 

Oh, I am definitely against firing him at this point. As long as he keeps them competitive, I say let him guide the ship. My fear is that the boosters and AD will be less patient.

(10-23-2019, 04:09 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 01:28 PM)Mikey Wrote: I don't know if that counts as positive or negative statement.

+1

[Image: giphy.gif]

He would make a pretty good QB coach for Minshew.

This can't be serious.

John, not Jim, is the NFL caliber Harbaugh.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 02:36 PM by mikesez.)

Any of you guys remember how great Nick Saban was in Miami?
What about how well Steve Spurrier did with the Redskins?
Obviously great college coaches don't always have what it takes to succeed as an NFL coach.
Less obvious, but equally true, is that great NFL coaches may not succeed at the college level.
College has all the same gameplanning as the NFL, but with less practice time, with less mentally mature players, and oh by the way you have to recruit all of your players.
You say Jim Harbaugh has gotten a good share of top rated recruits - I say that no one knows who the top high school recruits are. They give those star ratings based on interest from Power 5 teams, the Power 5 teams don't budge based on the ratings. All it means when you get a 4-star or 5-star kid was that other teams were interested in the kid and he chose you. It has little to do with if the kid is any good.

If Jim Harbaugh is fired at Michigan, he absolutely will get another shot in the NFL. And I'd have no complaint about it being with the Jags.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Because Jim resembles Saban and Spurrier more than he does his brother John in coaching suitability, I'd say you're wrong for the right reasons.

As ho-hum as he's been at Michigan, he's a college ceiling coach. It's quite obvious. If he had his brother's NFL coaching talent, he'd never have had to leave the league to find footing. Probably has a lot to do with his prima donna mentality.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I mean 8-8 was his worst season and he went to 3 straight nfc championships with a superbowl appearance. That would make him the best coach in Jaguars history, if Michighan fires him he would atleast be worth kicking the tires on. Not my 1st choice but I think we could do a lot worse.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(12-16-2019, 09:43 PM)Adub28 Wrote: I mean 8-8 was his worst season and he went to 3 straight nfc championships with a superbowl appearance. That would make him the best coach in Jaguars history, if Michighan fires him he would atleast be worth kicking the tires on. Not my 1st choice but I think we could do a lot worse.

Michigan isn’t firing him

This thread has aged wonderfully. I’m a genius confirmed.