Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade deadline thead

(10-25-2019, 03:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I would see if the Bengals are willing to deal Tyler Eifert or Carlos Dunlap.

I wouldn't give up too much for Eifert at all, no more than a 4th rounder. He has a crazy history of season ending injuries. I wouldn't trust him to last an entire season. The guy has a good skill set, but he's just not durable. As for Dunlap, he's pretty good, but inconsistent and not a need for us at this time. It would take a bigger deal to get him, (at least a 2nd rounder) and I want to save the higher picks for positions we actually need to address (O-Line, TE, CB, NT, LB, S.)

A 4th? 

More like a conditional 7th. 

He’s struggling to even make an impact and get on the field with his current team, even after being fully healthy so far this year. For comparisons sake, O’shaughnessy has more yards than Eifert right now. Eifert just may be done.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2019, 03:25 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 03:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wouldn't give up too much for Eifert at all, no more than a 4th rounder. He has a crazy history of season ending injuries. I wouldn't trust him to last an entire season. The guy has a good skill set, but he's just not durable. As for Dunlap, he's pretty good, but inconsistent and not a need for us at this time. It would take a bigger deal to get him, (at least a 2nd rounder) and I want to save the higher picks for positions we actually need to address (O-Line, TE, CB, NT, LB, S.)

A 4th? 

He’s struggling to even make an impact and get on the field with his current team, even after being fully healthy so far this year. For comparisons sake, O’shaughnessy has more yards than Eifert right now. Eifert just may be done.

I guarantee Cincinnati would laugh at that offer, even though he is a free agent in 2020. You can't compare O'Shaughnessy to Eifert. Dalton can't get Eifert the ball because the Bengals' O-Line play is so abysmal. They literally have scrubs all along that O-Line. It needs to totally be re-vamped. They have no running game to speak of and they also lost 2 of their top 3 WR's. Right now, the Bengals are as bad as I've ever seen any NFL team in the last 10 years. Unlike the Dolphins, the Bengals are actually trying to win games, but they lack the overall talent. You could put Travis Kelce on that team and he'd look like trash with the lack of talent around him.

Unless its a lineman or TE, I'm not interested in trading for them.

T. Williams is the only guy I'm interested in but he's definitely going to cost too much to acquire.

(10-25-2019, 05:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 03:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: A 4th? 

I guarantee Cincinnati would laugh at that offer, even though he is a free agent in 2020. You can't compare O'Shaughnessy to Eifert. Dalton can't get Eifert the ball because the Bengals' O-Line play is so abysmal. They literally have scrubs all along that O-Line. It needs to totally be re-vamped. They have no running game to speak of and they also lost 2 of their top 3 WR's. Right now, the Bengals are as bad as I've ever seen any NFL team in the last 10 years. Unlike the Dolphins, the Bengals are actually trying to win games, but they lack the overall talent. You could put Travis Kelce on that team and he'd look like trash with the lack of talent around him.

It’s not all on Dalton. Eifert isn’t even playing starter snaps. He’s only played 50% of snaps this season. Let’s not forget you would be getting him for a half season rental. I’m not giving up a 4th for that.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 07:25 PM by Cleatwood.)

(10-22-2019, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if the Skins would part ways with Dunbar?  I doubt it but I would give up one of our 1st for him
A first for Dunbar?! Good grief.

A potential top 20 pick for Dunbar is so bad.

(10-25-2019, 07:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if the Skins would part ways with Dunbar?  I doubt it but I would give up one of our 1st for him

He says we're perfectly fine at CB with Herndon and that CB is a low priority, yet he wants to give up a 1st for Dunbar lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 07:30 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-22-2019, 05:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars

It's been a rough 2019 for Thomas, who was excited to join the Patriots this year before ultimately being traded away to the New York Jets after Bill Belichick mistakenly believed Antonio Brown had his act together. Things haven't fared well for him in New York, but maybe the answer is to remove the pressure of him being a top-2 target. The Jaguars would love to have him in the mix as they attempt to chase the Colts and Houston Texans in the AFC South, and the fact D.J. Chark is having a breakout season means Thomas won't have to carry the wide receiver corps. If anything, he'd add immediate depth and veteran savvy to the room and could be an impact rotational piece alongside Dede Westbrook and Chris Conley. Injuries have been an issue for Marqise Lee, and that only serves to make any interest in Thomas more justifiable. At this point, a late-round pick could make this deal happen, but also give Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles (?), another weapon as they mount their rally in the second half of the season for either the division crown or an AFC Wild Card slot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-...VGDpYlAfq0
A ridiculous trade scenario.

(10-24-2019, 09:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 06:01 PM)Brett Wrote: LOLOL I stopped reading after "Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars"

Agreed. WR is not our problem.

If it were a problem, Demarius Thomas at this stage of his career with his injuries would not be a solution.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-22-2019, 05:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars

It's been a rough 2019 for Thomas, who was excited to join the Patriots this year before ultimately being traded away to the New York Jets after Bill Belichick mistakenly believed Antonio Brown had his act together. Things haven't fared well for him in New York, but maybe the answer is to remove the pressure of him being a top-2 target. The Jaguars would love to have him in the mix as they attempt to chase the Colts and Houston Texans in the AFC South, and the fact D.J. Chark is having a breakout season means Thomas won't have to carry the wide receiver corps. If anything, he'd add immediate depth and veteran savvy to the room and could be an impact rotational piece alongside Dede Westbrook and Chris Conley. Injuries have been an issue for Marqise Lee, and that only serves to make any interest in Thomas more justifiable. At this point, a late-round pick could make this deal happen, but also give Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles (?), another weapon as they mount their rally in the second half of the season for either the division crown or an AFC Wild Card slot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-...VGDpYlAfq0

Neither Minshew or Foles can throw the ball laying under 600 lbs. of defensive linemen.  We don't need more weapons, we need more protection!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-25-2019, 06:10 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 05:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guarantee Cincinnati would laugh at that offer, even though he is a free agent in 2020. You can't compare O'Shaughnessy to Eifert. Dalton can't get Eifert the ball because the Bengals' O-Line play is so abysmal. They literally have scrubs all along that O-Line. It needs to totally be re-vamped. They have no running game to speak of and they also lost 2 of their top 3 WR's. Right now, the Bengals are as bad as I've ever seen any NFL team in the last 10 years. Unlike the Dolphins, the Bengals are actually trying to win games, but they lack the overall talent. You could put Travis Kelce on that team and he'd look like trash with the lack of talent around him.

It’s not all on Dalton. Eifert isn’t even playing starter snaps. He’s only played 50% of snaps this season. Let’s not forget you would be getting him for a half season rental. I’m not giving up a 4th for that.

Personally if we were gonna trade for a TE, Eifert wouldn't really be on my radar. Austin Hooper would be my #1 option. Hunter Henry, Vance McDonald and O.J. Howard would be in the mix as well. Given where their teams are at and the contract status on a couple of those guys, they maybe could be had in a trade.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2019, 03:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-25-2019, 07:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Yes, Dunbar>Ramsey and no bagadge. You act like he isnt one of the best corners in the league. Plus dont quit on his team or fake injuries.

(10-26-2019, 03:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: A first for Dunbar?! Good grief.

Yes, Dunbar>Ramsey and no bagadge. You act like he isnt one of the best corners in the league. Plus dont quit on his team or fake injuries.
Your hatred for Ramsey has really jaded your mind. He hurt your feelings but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s still an elite corner.

Also, whatever happened to Herndon being good enough? Now we are kicking out Hayden from the nickel? Trading a potential top 20 pick for Dunbar is an atrocious move.

(10-26-2019, 03:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 03:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, Dunbar>Ramsey and no bagadge. You act like he isnt one of the best corners in the league. Plus dont quit on his team or fake injuries.
Your hatred for Ramsey has really jaded your mind. He hurt your feelings but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s still an elite corner.

Also, whatever happened to Herndon being good enough? Now we are kicking out Hayden from the nickel? Trading a potential top 20 pick for Dunbar is an atrocious move.

Ramsey is a good corner but I dont think hes elite.  I do think Herndon has a chance to be the answer but if you can get one of the best corners in the league a first round pick you do it.  I never said Herndon was one of the best in the league, Dunbar is.

I have never seen anyone just completely melt someone's brain like Ramsey has flgators. Wow.

(10-26-2019, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 03:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Your hatred for Ramsey has really jaded your mind. He hurt your feelings but it doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s still an elite corner.

Ramsey is a good corner but I dont think hes elite.  I do think Herndon has a chance to be the answer but if you can get one of the best corners in the league a first round pick you do it.  I never said Herndon was one of the best in the league, Dunbar is.
Dunbar is good but you’re delirious if you think he’s better than Ramsey. 

Again. He hurt your feelings and now you forget how good he is.

(10-26-2019, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey is a good corner but I dont think hes elite.  I do think Herndon has a chance to be the answer but if you can get one of the best corners in the league a first round pick you do it.  I never said Herndon was one of the best in the league, Dunbar is.

He also lets collegiate allegiances cloud his views more than anyone else here, and guess where Ramsey and Dunbar just happened to go lol.

(10-26-2019, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey is a good corner but I dont think hes elite.  I do think Herndon has a chance to be the answer but if you can get one of the best corners in the league a first round pick you do it.  I never said Herndon was one of the best in the league, Dunbar is.

Did this just for fun and it's not even close on their part.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jalen-ramsey/10639
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/quinton-dunbar/10073

I dont think the gap is that big but Dubar is definitely better and Washington doesnt have the pass rush us nor LA does to help. Is pff feelings hurt too for some reason?  They just dont have the teal glasses on like you and a few others and arent bias from him playing here

Dude you dont think any corner is better than Ramsey so its like talking to the wall with you when it comes to him.  The few Jags fans are the only ones that thinks hes so great and overrated him.   Hell even the majority of the Rams  fans hated the trade.  All the comments when he got traded on all the FB, twitter, and message board posts talked about how the Rams got shafted in that deal by us and how he wasnt worth it.

(10-26-2019, 09:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dunbar is good but you’re delirious if you think he’s better than Ramsey. 

Did this just for fun and it's not even close on their part.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jalen-ramsey/10639
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/quinton-dunbar/10073

I dont think the gap is that big but Dubar is definitely better and Washington doesnt have the pass rush us nor LA does to help. Is pff feelings hurt too for some reason?  They just dont have the teal glasses on like you and a few others and arent bias from him playing here

Dude you dont think any corner is better than Ramsey so its like talking to the wall with you when it comes to him.  The few Jags fans are the only ones that thinks hes so great and overrated him.   Hell even the majority of the Rams  fans hated the trade.  All the comments when he got traded on all the FB, twitter, and message board posts talked about how the Rams got shafted in that deal by us and how he wasnt worth it.
Lattimore, Heyward, PP, Chris Harris.... all are probably better than Ramsey but good try.

Does Dunbar continually matchup against the other teams best receiver or is that what Norman does? You can’t compare the two unless Dunbar is also matched up against WR1s each week.

According to NFL.com, the Bengals are asking for a 3rd round pick for TE Tyler Eifert. That is laughable.

(10-27-2019, 09:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: According to NFL.com, the Bengals are asking for a 3rd round pick for TE Tyler Eifert. That is laughable.

So prob a 4th like you said for a guy who is instantly our starter. I'd make the call at least.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato