Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade deadline thead

(10-27-2019, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/10/2...e-hopkins/

If they trade Hopkins, they should have their franchise taken away. Even the Texans aren't this dumb. That guy is the cornerstone of their offense. I bet they are just hanging up the phone on teams that are inquiring. It's not a surprise though. At this time of the year, teams are calling everyone about the availability of ever good/great player in the league. I bet the Jaguars have fielded at least a dozen calls about the availability of Ngakoue, even though he isn't going anywhere.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should trade for sheriff from the Redskins and move linder to center and trade for eagles second te.

(10-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: We should trade for sheriff from the Redskins and move linder to center and trade for eagles second te.

Linder dont play center?

Gimme AJ Green
Bengals 0-8, and should start a full rebuild

(10-27-2019, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/10/2...e-hopkins/

If they trade Hopkins, they should have their franchise taken away. Even the Texans aren't this dumb. That guy is the cornerstone of their offense. I bet they are just hanging up the phone on teams that are inquiring. It's not a surprise though. At this time of the year, teams are calling everyone about the availability of ever good/great player in the league. I bet the Jaguars have fielded at least a dozen calls about the availability of Ngakoue, even though he isn't going anywhere.

Man wouldn't that be nice if they traded him away though...

(10-27-2019, 10:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If they trade Hopkins, they should have their franchise taken away. Even the Texans aren't this dumb. That guy is the cornerstone of their offense. I bet they are just hanging up the phone on teams that are inquiring. It's not a surprise though. At this time of the year, teams are calling everyone about the availability of ever good/great player in the league. I bet the Jaguars have fielded at least a dozen calls about the availability of Ngakoue, even though he isn't going anywhere.

Man wouldn't that be nice if they traded him away though...

Definitely.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 09:39 AM by Jagulars.)

Keep an eye out for Halapoulivaati Vaitai. The OT for the Eagles. Both Foles and Defilippo have had time with him. Would be a cheaper trade option for a tackle. This will put Cam Robinson on a shorter leash than he already has.

(10-28-2019, 09:37 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Keep an eye out for Halapoulivaati Vaitai. The OT for the Eagles. Both Foles and Defilippo have had time with him. Would be a cheaper trade option for a tackle. This will put Cam Robinson on a shorter leash than he already has.

My personal belief is that Vaitai is a natural RT, who can play LT in a pinch, but he isn't nearly as good on that side. I believe  it would be a mistake to think he could just come in and automatically beat out Robinson for the LT spot. He could probably force Taylor out of his role at RT, but ultimately, we already have several guys who are limited to the right hand side of the O-Line already. I'd look to find someone who is more naturally suited to play on the left side.

(10-28-2019, 10:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:37 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Keep an eye out for Halapoulivaati Vaitai. The OT for the Eagles. Both Foles and Defilippo have had time with him. Would be a cheaper trade option for a tackle. This will put Cam Robinson on a shorter leash than he already has.

My personal belief is that Vaitai is a natural RT, who can play LT in a pinch, but he isn't nearly as good on that side. I believe  it would be a mistake to think he could just come in and automatically beat out Robinson for the LT spot. He could probably force Taylor out of his role at RT, but ultimately, we already have several guys who are limited to the right hand side of the O-Line already. I'd look to find someone who is more naturally suited to play on the left side.

From what they listed in this article, i'd send a 4 to Philly for him.  The guy is QUALITY depth, not a hint of locker room distraction, familiarity with Foles and Flip, and has insane versatility across the line.  What is not to like?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-poten...ne-rumors/

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Jets might be shopping Anderson. I'd make the trade. He's a great WR.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

It’s OJ Howard or bust for me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 05:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2019, 05:00 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s OJ Howard or bust for me.

Looks like Bucs wont give up Howard for anything less than a 1st.  I like Howard but not sure I would give up one of our 1sts for him. I'd offer a 2nd and a 4th would probably be my max

(10-28-2019, 05:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:00 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s OJ Howard or bust for me.

Looks like Bucs wont give up Howard for anything less than a 1st.  I like Howard but not sure I would give up one of our 1sts for him.  I'd offer a 2nd and a 4th would probably be my max

I look at it this way, is Howard better than any rookie who will be available in the draft? At this point, with Jacob Breeland being out for the season and possibly missing much of 2020 as well, I would say yes, O.J. Howard is better than any TE in the next draft. What is our biggest need? Arguably, I would say TE. If there was a really good TE in the draft, would I spend a first round pick on them? I would say, yes. With all that information, IMO, I would have no problem using the 2020 pick we acquired from the Rams, to trade for O.J. Howard. He would fill a huge need.

Eifert's a stiff. And getting stiifer.
T. Williams is hurt way too much.
Demaryius Thomas looked like a giraffe out there. Too old; achilles injury; TRADED BY BELICHICK IN THE DIVISION

Now OJ Howard or Austin Hooper on the other hand...
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Serious question- Why can't OJ Howard seem to get it going with Arians/Bucs offense? Bucs are claiming how valuable he is and want a 1st round pick, but seems to me either he is barely used or he just isn't that good.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 05:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2019, 05:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like Bucs wont give up Howard for anything less than a 1st.  I like Howard but not sure I would give up one of our 1sts for him.  I'd offer a 2nd and a 4th would probably be my max

I look at it this way, is Howard better than any rookie who will be available in the draft? At this point, with Jacob Breeland being out for the season and possibly missing much of 2020 as well, I would say yes, O.J. Howard is better than any TE in the next draft. What is our biggest need? Arguably, I would say TE. If there was a really good TE in the draft, would I spend a first round pick on them? I would say, yes. With all that information, IMO, I would have no problem using the 2020 pick we acquired from the Rams, to trade for O.J. Howard. He would fill a huge need.
To answer your question, do I think Howard will be better than any player that will be available with that 1st round pick?  No. I like Howard and would love to have him but not for a first, on top of that you would have to sign him to a nice size contract.

(10-28-2019, 05:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Serious question- Why can't OJ Howard seem to get it going with Arians/Bucs offense? Bucs are claiming how valuable he is and want a 1st round pick, but seems to me either he is barely used or he just isn't that good.

People said the same thing in Alabama.  That Alabama just wasnt using him right.  Makes you wonder

(10-28-2019, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I look at it this way, is Howard better than any rookie who will be available in the draft? At this point, with Jacob Breeland being out for the season and possibly missing much of 2020 as well, I would say yes, O.J. Howard is better than any TE in the next draft. What is our biggest need? Arguably, I would say TE. If there was a really good TE in the draft, would I spend a first round pick on them? I would say, yes. With all that information, IMO, I would have no problem using the 2020 pick we acquired from the Rams, to trade for O.J. Howard. He would fill a huge need.
To answer your question, do I think Howard will be better than any player that will be available with that 1st round pick?  No. I like Howard and would love to have him but not for a first, on top of that you would have to sign him to a nice size contract.

(10-28-2019, 05:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Serious question- Why can't OJ Howard seem to get it going with Arians/Bucs offense? Bucs are claiming how valuable he is and want a 1st round pick, but seems to me either he is barely used or he just isn't that good.

People said the same thing in Alabama.  That Alabama just wasnt using him right.  Makes you wonder
But you’re willing to trade a first for Dunbar? Hahaha

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 06:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-28-2019, 06:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To answer your question, do I think Howard will be better than any player that will be available with that 1st round pick?  No. I like Howard and would love to have him but not for a first, on top of that you would have to sign him to a nice size contract.

But you’re willing to trade a first for Dunbar? Hahaha
Dunbar is one of the best corners in the game but after the way Herdon is playing I would hold on to the 1st round pick to see what Herndon can do the rest of the year.  It was funny yesterday you post a negative post after Herndon gave up 2 early passes to Anderson.  Anderson ended up having 3 catches for 32 yards on the game and Herndon ended up having a career day to go along with 2 picks and you are no where to be found and always trying to dog on the man when he has played good. Ramsey gave up more yards on one play yesterday to Cinci's 3 WR than Herndon did to the Jets number 1 WR all game.  Good times

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 06:50 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-28-2019, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I look at it this way, is Howard better than any rookie who will be available in the draft? At this point, with Jacob Breeland being out for the season and possibly missing much of 2020 as well, I would say yes, O.J. Howard is better than any TE in the next draft. What is our biggest need? Arguably, I would say TE. If there was a really good TE in the draft, would I spend a first round pick on them? I would say, yes. With all that information, IMO, I would have no problem using the 2020 pick we acquired from the Rams, to trade for O.J. Howard. He would fill a huge need.

I'm not thinking about it in terms of any player in the first round. I'm thinking in terms of TE's only, because that is a definite "must" need for this team, IMO. If we don't find a pass catching TE in the offseason, I don't know if this offense can take a big enough step forward. The next draft looks pretty bad, when it comes to the TE position. Personally, I don't see much difference between guys who might go at the end of round 1 and the guys that might go in rounds 4 or 5, so if I can land a TE via free agency or trade that can really propel us forward, I might be willing to overpay a little.

I think he put up some pretty good NFL numbers considering he missed 2 games in 2017 and 6 games in 2018.

(10-28-2019, 06:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: To answer your question, do I think Howard will be better than any player that will be available with that 1st round pick?  No. I like Howard and would love to have him but not for a first, on top of that you would have to sign him to a nice size contract.

I'm not thinking about it in terms of any player in the first round. I'm thinking in terms of TE's only, because that is a definite "must" need for this team, IMO. If we don't find a pass catching TE in the offseason, I don't know if this offense can take a big enough step forward. The next draft looks pretty bad, when it comes to the TE position. Personally, I don't see much difference between guys who might go at the end of round 1 and the guys that might go in rounds 4 or 5, so if I can land a TE via free agency or trade that can really propel us forward, I might be willing to overpay a little.

I think he put up some pretty good NFL numbers considering he missed 2 games in 2017 and 6 games in 2018.

He hasn't been a scrub, but he hasn't really but up great numbers. Is he worth a first? I suppose Howard and Oliver could make a pretty good tandem.