Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

(09-30-2019, 11:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: As most have said. You don't pull the hot hand out of the line up. As long as they're winning and rallying behind him there's no need to pull him out of there.

I will say this though. For the long term. If Minshew leads them to a play off berth there's a good chance they trade Foles next year during the draft or off season.

And I actually think there's a good number of teams who might be interested. Chicago, Minnesotta, Washington, Denver & Miami could be interested. A lot of question marks at QB for those teams. And a lot of potential coaching shake up's there too.

They just need to keep him healthy. I have seen enough of Robinson at LT. He's not the answer. Right now that position is numero uno on the list of priorities going into 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Why not try Jawan Taylor or Richardson at left tackle and simply move Cam to right guard or tackle? The counter is that Cam has always played left tackle, and that Richardson and Taylor are set at their positions, but left tackle is most important to get right. If there's a better in-house option, that's one less premium pick to make next year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he keeps playing the way he is, only way Foles sees the field again is due to injury.

I love the kid, finally some juice at the most important Offensive position!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Wow, you guys advocating for Minshew are insane. He’s played in every quarter this season and we are 2-2. Foles has won five playoff games, a Super Bowl MVP, a Pro Bowl MVP and has two jerseys hanging in the Pro Football Hall of Fame!

Of course, a healthy Saint Nick is the ONLY choice to quarterback the Jaguars!!!

(09-30-2019, 03:44 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Unless this team loses the next 6+ straight games, or Minshew gets injured later on in this season, there's absolutely no reason why Foles should take another snap as the QB for this team.

Trade Foles for whatever you can get in the off season.

Wow, maybe the most misinformed comment on the site. Minshew goes 1-5 the next six games and there’s, “no reason,” to go back to a Super Bowl MVP??  Bahaha..  Foles is starting as soon as he’s healthy because the coaches fortunately don’t listen to us fans.

(09-30-2019, 03:56 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:44 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Unless this team loses the next 6+ straight games, or Minshew gets injured later on in this season, there's absolutely no reason why Foles should take another snap as the QB for this team.

Wow, maybe the most misinformed comment on the site. Minshew goes 1-5 the next six games and there’s, “no reason,” to go back to a Super Bowl MVP??  Bahaha..  Foles is starting as soon as he’s healthy because the coaches fortunately don’t listen to us fans.

A resident Foles fanboy...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-30-2019, 03:56 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:

lol .... the 6+ straight games was little excessive by Eric1.  Plus, you have a big stake in the game considering your username of JagsFoles7.

(09-30-2019, 01:45 AM)Corriewf Wrote: Let’s start this conversation early and see how this ages as the weeks go by. 

Magical fairy heals Foles and the team doc gives him the clear to start next sunday, week 5. Do you start him? 

Right now as I see it, the team/fan base has major buy in. Minshew has the hot hand and the chemistry is all Minshew. Foles has yet to prove himself in Jacksonville under our system. Foles is more the unknown than Minshew in Jacksonville. However...Foles does have the ring. 

It’s just hard to look at Minshews stats and send him to the bench in my eyes.

Typical fan overreaction to a 2-2 quarterback, who has played in every quarter this season.  

Foles is the franchise quarterback for seversl reasons:  five playoff wins, Super Bowl MVP, Pro Bowl MVP, NFL record for most consecutive completions in a game, NFL record for most TD passes in a game, has two jerseys hanging in the Pro Football HOF.

(09-30-2019, 04:09 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 01:45 AM)Corriewf Wrote: Let’s start this conversation early and see how this ages as the weeks go by. 

Magical fairy heals Foles and the team doc gives him the clear to start next sunday, week 5. Do you start him? 

Right now as I see it, the team/fan base has major buy in. Minshew has the hot hand and the chemistry is all Minshew. Foles has yet to prove himself in Jacksonville under our system. Foles is more the unknown than Minshew in Jacksonville. However...Foles does have the ring. 

Typical fan overreaction to a 2-2 quarterback, who has played in every quarter this season.  

Foles is the franchise quarterback for seversl reasons:  five playoff wins, Super Bowl MVP, Pro Bowl MVP, NFL record for most consecutive completions in a game, NFL record for most TD passes in a game, has two jerseys hanging in the Pro Football HOF.

Things change for whatever reason.  I like Nick Foles and liked the signing, but at this point in the season it's hard to say that he's going to be the "franchise QB".  You don't pull the "hot hand" when he comes back healthy... assuming that Minshew is still a "hot hand".

Fan overreaction?  Not really.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Tori, it's ok. Nick got his money.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-30-2019, 08:30 AM)Corriewf Wrote: 1 guest voted Foles so far...Foles is that you?

I also think benching Minshew right now would be failing to truly test a potential franchise QB.

I am not gonna lie, I feel bad for Foles. At least the guy has a ring though..

No, it was Scott Milanovich, who knows a bit more about quarterbacking than fans who get over-hyped about a 2-2 record.

(09-30-2019, 01:48 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Minshew has the hot hand. It's worth noting that Foles did throw a touchdown on the play he was injured. But he definitely isn't going to give you the kind of pocket mobility that Minshew does. Ride the mustache as long as we can. At least Foles isn't a bad guy to have in the room. The attitude from the running game and the entire offense felt different today. They bailed out a very underwhelming defense. It isn't a bad problem to have. At least we know if Minshew goes down we have someone who is used to stepping in and finishing the deal.

Ride the mustache.....that’s what she said.

The NFL is about what have you done for me lately, not a resume of your past work. Foles is profoundly important to the continued development of Minshew. and, as the OP proposed, if both are healthy, we are one bad hit away from needing to call the backup into duty, as we are all aware.

Minshew has an offense that is producing, getting wins, and chemistry with the guys on the field. Foles is weeks away from that, and has little more than practice field time with the majority of the guys we see on Sunday. Eli Manning has two rings, too, but like fun I'd let him near these guys while Minshew continues to perform well.

Be happy that we have a fantastic insurance plan regardless of who is 1 and who is 2. I think you stay with Minshew today. Heck, I was really nervous after that low hit that we were going to need Dobbs to rally the team to victory, and confidence was not high for that to happen. Were it Foles coming off the bench, all the confidence in the world.

(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)rocdee Wrote: can you guys just let it play out for at least 4 more games or so? Stop crowning guys so early in the game.

We found the guy who can’t grow a stache. 

Don’t be a poopy pants

If this continues, I feel like this will be his team and we'll have to look to trade Foles (which could be beneficial with teams out there still looking for their QB). I just feel bad for him. Such a good guy, just moved here, had the horrible situation with their unborn child. Dang.... But Minshew mania is real now and if he continues, you can't just take him out for Foles. Even Foles I think would block that move (Just proving he's a great guy and leader).
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(09-30-2019, 05:16 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: If this continues, I feel like this will be his team and we'll have to look to trade Foles (which could be beneficial with teams out there still looking for their QB). I just feel bad for him. Such a good guy, just moved here, had the horrible situation with their unborn child. Dang.... But Minshew mania is real now and if he continues, you can't just take him out for Foles. Even Foles I think would block that move (Just proving he's a great guy and leader).

Depending on what we get for Ramsey and if we trade Foles, we’d have quite some ammo in next years draft.

(09-30-2019, 04:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:56 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote: Wow, maybe the most misinformed comment on the site. Minshew goes 1-5 the next six games and there’s, “no reason,” to go back to a Super Bowl MVP??  Bahaha..  Foles is starting as soon as he’s healthy because the coaches fortunately don’t listen to us fans.

lol .... the 6+ straight games was little excessive by Eric1.  Plus, you have a big stake in the game considering your username of JagsFoles7.

Feels like a shiny new alt that will be banhammered in a few hours.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Your tears taste delicious to me... mmmmm! 

I like Foles! I liked the signing of Foles! But we could be talking about a franchise 23 year old QB vs a 30 year old vet. The smart play would have been to have the rookie learn under Foles, but that didn’t happen. We have a rookie QB that has broken records held for a 100years with little to no learning curve. How can you say bench him to learn behind Foles? Only way you bench Minshew is if the raw talent is greater with Foles.

Minshew is a "gamer".

Reminds me of Jake Delhomme during his "prime" years.
(Character-wise)

I like it.

He's hot hand. Ride him and let him keep learning/developing.

As others have stated:
Keep both QBs until Foles' dead cap hit is lower.
Plus, if the Jags are in position to push for the playoffs, Foles has proven more than capable taking over at the end of a season and playoffs if he has to step in.

(09-30-2019, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote: If Nick Foles was healed and ready to go for this Sunday. They'd likely play Nick.

And we are all riding high on emotion right now, but if you're honest with yourself you'll know that RIGHT NOW, the correct answer would be Foles. But... in reality Foles won't be ready this weekend. So when week 11 rolls around, if Minshew Magic Mania is still going strong, at that point you probably let Nick get his full healing in and ride the rook and deal with QB in the off season (Maybe you trade Foles.... IDK)

(PS I love the auto correct on Foles' nickname initials)

No, I'm pretty sure I'd still want Minshew. He's proven himself with this team through 3 3/4 games. Foles hasn't. Just as most everyone said at the end of the titans game that you don't score by taking the ball away from the guy with hot hands and give it to the guy who had negative yards. Same thing here in my opinion. The only reason they should feel even remotely pressured to put Foles in is because he was paid a boatload of money. But that doesn't guarantee wins. Minshew doesn't either but he's got the hot hands so.....

(09-30-2019, 04:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)rocdee Wrote: can you guys just let it play out for at least 4 more games or so? Stop crowning guys so early in the game.

We found the guy who can’t grow a stache. 

Don’t be a poopy pants

It might not be a guy.  Just saying.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.