Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you start?
Minshew
Foles
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Foles vs Minshew (poll & merged threads)

No one wants Napoleon Dynamite and Uncle Rico lined up in the wildcat?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 07:38 PM by Jags.)

(09-30-2019, 07:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 04:51 PM)Jags Wrote: We found the guy who can’t grow a stache. 

Don’t be a poopy pants

It might not be a guy.  Just saying.

??? Is there something I’m not aware of? 

If not, it’s still a good point.  I just, in my head, think Bunny and Americus are the only girls here.  I’m sure that’s wrong just based off the number of people here.  

Even if he’s not a he and indeed a she, youd think there’d be, let’s see maybe, glee for our current QB.  Wouldn’t you agree, or is it just me?

The JagsFoles7 guy needs a nap and a refreshing Creme Soda to clear his head.

Minshew has shown all the foundational skills you would want in a young QB. Poise. Accuracy. Leadership. Awareness. And charisma, which this franchise desperately needs as well. Why would you short circuit his development and bench him under any circumstances? Finding "The Guy" at QB is what all franchises are trying to do. It looks like we found him. As much as we all like Foles, he was always a temporary stopgap until we found the longterm QB.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 09:40 PM by Eric1.)

(09-30-2019, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote: If Nick Foles was healed and ready to go for this Sunday. They'd likely play Nick.

And we are all riding high on emotion right now, but if you're honest with yourself you'll know that RIGHT NOW, the correct answer would be Foles. But... in reality Foles won't be ready this weekend. So when week 11 rolls around, if Minshew Magic Mania is still going strong, at that point you probably let Nick get his full healing in and ride the rook and deal with QB in the off season (Maybe you trade Foles.... IDK)

(PS I love the auto correct on Foles' nickname initials)

Not a chance. 

I'm going with the guy who has helped us get an inch away from being 3-1 right now. Not the guy who has been rehabbing an injury for a month. Minshew is red hot right now. Unless he cools way, way down and gets turnover happy, it's his team now and going forward imo.

Don’t worry....Minchew has just pulled a Dak Prescott when Romo got hurt. Dak won that city over and he became their guy. Minchew has caught fire, and Marrone would get boo’d out of this city if they didn’t play him the rest of the way.

There’s no looking back now. Heck, we’re 1 inch away from being 3-1. And who knows what would of happened if Minchew got all of training camp as the starter, and came out and beat KC.

This is Minchew’s team. The camera is on him constantly and our fans love him.

Same situation when Greg Jones hurt his knee and MJD rose to stardom. Man I’m just so happy we have a good solid QB. He can scramble, he can read defenses, and manipulate the defenses. That double fake screen TD pass to Oshshshsvahjdjjeee was a thing of beauty. He’s deadly accurate.

(09-30-2019, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think that this is all a bit premature right now.

With that being said as it currently stands, I would keep Foles on the sideline should he be back and healthy this week (I know that he's not going to be healthy for quite some time).  Stay with the "hot hand".

As far as contracts and salary cap stuff, I'm by no means an "expert" on such matters, but I would try to keep him for another season as the backup, even with his high salary unless he can be traded (doubtful).  He's going to be a hit on the salary cap either way (if he's released), and it gives the team the opportunity to draft a potential new future backup while having a VERY capable backup in place.

The bottom line is, like it or not the team has already "paid" for this season and the next for his services... at least if I understand how his contract works correctly.

If I am wrong about this, one of you "salary cap geeks" please correct me.

No, you got it. Foles would cost roughly $11M more against the cap to cut or trade than he would to keep. People don't seem to get that. Nick Foles is a Jaguar until February of 2021, assuming all goes well with Minshew.

(09-30-2019, 03:43 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Why not try Jawan Taylor or Richardson at left tackle and simply move Cam to right guard or tackle? The counter is that Cam has always played left tackle, and that Richardson and Taylor are set at their positions, but left tackle is most important to get right. If there's a better in-house option, that's one less premium pick to make next year.

This isn't Madden. Coaches don't just wake up in the morning and click "edit player". Flipping your tackles like that would be a disaster. If you ask an NFL offensive lineman (or really an OL at the college level or beyond), LT and RT are very similar positions that are very different to play, and moving from one to the other is a real challenge.

I wonder if Foles would opt to retire vs hanging on the team as a back up? He almost retired before heading to Philly.

(09-30-2019, 07:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It might not be a guy.  Just saying.

??? Is there something I’m not aware of? 

If not, it’s still a good point.  I just, in my head, think Bunny and Americus are the only girls here.  I’m sure that’s wrong just based off the number of people here.  

Even if he’s not a he and indeed a she, youd think there’d be, let’s see maybe, glee for our current QB.  Wouldn’t you agree, or is it just me?

I think Corriewf is a girl. If not I'd be surprised. He/she argues like a woman. Just sayin'.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 10:46 PM by Corriewf.)

(09-30-2019, 10:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 07:32 PM)Jags Wrote: ??? Is there something I’m not aware of? 

I think Corriewf is a girl. If not I'd be surprised. He/she argues like a woman. Just sayin'.

Ha! While I like to joke that I’m half lesbian... I’m a guy. Just been married a long time. 

I think I will take that argue like a woman as a compliment. My wife seems to win enough of them. Smile

*edit* wait are you calling me fat?!? What do mean by that?!? *eats ice cream*

(09-30-2019, 10:44 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I think Corriewf is a girl. If not I'd be surprised. He/she argues like a woman. Just sayin'.

Ha! While I like to joke that I’m half lesbian... I’m a guy. Just been married a long time. 

I think I will take that argue like a woman as a compliment. My wife seems to win enough of them. Smile

*edit* wait are you calling me fat?!? What do mean by that?!? *eats ice cream*

Laughing

(09-30-2019, 01:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: At this point I think it's Minshew's team

Yes, at THIS point it is Minshew’s team.  That’s because our Super Bowl MVP quarterback is injured.

(09-30-2019, 10:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I wonder if Foles would opt to retire vs hanging on the team as a back up? He almost retired before heading to Philly.

Uh, no!  He will not retire because he will never be the backup QB.

(09-30-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:25 PM)Corriewf Wrote: I wonder if Foles would opt to retire vs hanging on the team as a back up? He almost retired before heading to Philly.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/05/sport/sup...index.html

He came here with the thought of not being a back up. 

If your a Foles and a Jags fan, you’re in a tough spot. You either have to root for the Jags to lose too much under Minshew so Foles is the starter coming back...or you’re a true Jags fan and you hope Minshew balls out taking us to a winning record. 

If you’re a true Jags fan- you want the 23 year old to be the franchise QB and not the 30 year old. 

Time will tell. Either way a great problem to have.

I voted Foles but I am way in the minority. 

This thread will be very interesting to dig up about a week prior to Foles being eligible to play again.

Sigh. Why does it matter now? Foles was targeting a week 11 return, so we have 7 more weeks to let this play out.

[Image: df186ffb-8bc4-4b3f-8d1a-632da82506cc_text_hi.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 07:24 AM by RicoTx.)

(09-30-2019, 09:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Don’t worry....Minchew has just pulled a Dak Prescott when Romo got hurt. Dak won that city over and he became their guy. Minchew has caught fire, and Marrone would get boo’d out of this city if they didn’t play him the rest of the way.

There’s no looking back now. Heck, we’re 1 inch away from being 3-1. And who knows what would of happened if Minchew got all of training camp as the starter, and came out and beat KC.

This is Minchew’s team. The camera is on him constantly and our fans love him.

Same situation when Greg Jones hurt his knee and MJD rose to stardom. Man I’m just so happy we have a good solid QB. He can scramble, he can read defenses, and manipulate the defenses. That double fake screen TD pass to Oshshshsvahjdjjeee was a thing of beauty. He’s deadly accurate.

Who is Minchew?

(09-30-2019, 11:18 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 01:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: At this point I think it's Minshew's team

Yes, at THIS point it is Minshew’s team.  That’s because our Super Bowl MVP quarterback is injured.

"our"

(09-30-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote:

You mean, like he has been the majority of his career?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-30-2019, 06:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:23 PM)Kane Wrote: If Nick Foles was healed and ready to go for this Sunday. They'd likely play Nick.

And we are all riding high on emotion right now, but if you're honest with yourself you'll know that RIGHT NOW, the correct answer would be Foles. But... in reality Foles won't be ready this weekend. So when week 11 rolls around, if Minshew Magic Mania is still going strong, at that point you probably let Nick get his full healing in and ride the rook and deal with QB in the off season (Maybe you trade Foles.... IDK)

(PS I love the auto correct on Foles' nickname initials)

No, I'm pretty sure I'd still want Minshew. He's proven himself with this team through 3 3/4 games. Foles hasn't. Just as most everyone said at the end of the titans game that you don't score by taking the ball away from the guy with hot hands and give it to the guy who had negative yards. Same thing here in my opinion. The only reason they should feel even remotely pressured to put Foles in is because he was paid a boatload of money. But that doesn't guarantee wins. Minshew doesn't either but he's got the hot hands so.....

Man I love the dude and am all-in on Minshew Mania.

But it's only been 4 games. He's still a rookie... we have yet to see the lows (although we got a glimpse with 3 fumbles and 1 lost v Houston)
Foles is a vet. Foles has exp. And using your brain, you go with that, seeing as the "hot hand" has us at 2-2 and not 3-1 or better....
Using your heart, you obviously would ride the stache.

Personally I hope we never see Foles again on the field. I hope Minshew Mania turns into a real long cool story for all of us.
I'm just using the what if scenario of Foles being fully healthy right now... you go with him because it's the smart thing to do. And it's what the coaches would likely do, right now.

But when Foles actually comes back... week 11 or 12... shoot.... Might not be a possibility. If Minshew plays this well (or better?)... certainly at that time the hot hand stays, especially if we're in the playoff hunt.

The whole "hot hand" thing is way over played too. Like "changing the culture". And "half time adjustments"

(10-01-2019, 01:40 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Sigh. Why does it matter now? Foles was targeting a week 11 return, so we have 7 more weeks to let this play out.

[Image: df186ffb-8bc4-4b3f-8d1a-632da82506cc_text_hi.gif]

Just for fun.. don’t worry- the coaches are not here listening to our opinions. 

Just think of this as picking this weeks game scores. Throw yourself into the hypothetical situation. What do YOU do?

He'd lose $50M in salary and have to pay back $18.75M in signing bonus to do that. I don't see that happening.

(09-30-2019, 11:29 PM)JagsFoles7 Wrote: Uh, no!  He will not retire because he will never be the backup QB.

If Minshew keeps playing like he is, yeah, Foles will be the backup for 2020 then released or traded the next offseason.

(10-01-2019, 09:23 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 06:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: No, I'm pretty sure I'd still want Minshew. He's proven himself with this team through 3 3/4 games. Foles hasn't. Just as most everyone said at the end of the titans game that you don't score by taking the ball away from the guy with hot hands and give it to the guy who had negative yards. Same thing here in my opinion. The only reason they should feel even remotely pressured to put Foles in is because he was paid a boatload of money. But that doesn't guarantee wins. Minshew doesn't either but he's got the hot hands so.....

Man I love the dude and am all-in on Minshew Mania.

But it's only been 4 games. He's still a rookie... we have yet to see the lows (although we got a glimpse with 3 fumbles and 1 lost v Houston)
Foles is a vet. Foles has exp. And using your brain, you go with that, seeing as the "hot hand" has us at 2-2 and not 3-1 or better....
Using your heart, you obviously would ride the stache.

Personally I hope we never see Foles again on the field. I hope Minshew Mania turns into a real long cool story for all of us.
I'm just using the what if scenario of Foles being fully healthy right now... you go with him because it's the smart thing to do. And it's what the coaches would likely do, right now.

But when Foles actually comes back... week 11 or 12... shoot.... Might not be a possibility. If Minshew plays this well (or better?)... certainly at that time the hot hand stays, especially if we're in the playoff hunt.

The whole "hot hand" thing is way over played too. Like "changing the culture". And "half time adjustments"

Foles would die behind this line..

He already almost did.

Minshew is the better option with this crappy line.