Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Thread***

You think Boulware will fall to 4/5? I've heard he's a 3rd round area guy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 06:49 AM by Caldrac.)

I think it'll play out like this between tonight and over the weekend:

4: Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU

35: Dan Feeney - G - Indiana 

68: DeMarcus Walker - DE - FSU

110: Danny Isidora - G - Miami 

148: Jerod Evans - QB - Virginia Tech 

187: Rasul Douglas - CB - West Virginia 

222: Billy Brown - WR/TE - Shepherd 

RD7COMP: Ryan Glasgow - DT - Michigan 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM by SkeetBroball2.)

Saw a homeless guy wearing a Titans hoodie. Normally I'd throw him a dollar if I had one but.... NOT ON DRAFT DAY BUDDY. Take that garbage off!

Edit: I should bring him a Jags hoodie so he can be dressed properly.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 11:14 AM by NH3.)

Quote:I think it'll play out like this between tonight and over the weekend:

4: Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU
35: Dan Feeney - G - Indiana
68: DeMarcus Walker - DE - FSU
110: Danny Isidora - G - Miami
148: Jerod Evans - QB - Virginia Tech
187: Rasul Douglas - CB - West Virginia
222: Billy Brown - WR/TE - Shepherd
RD7COMP: Ryan Glasgow - DT - Michigan
I like these selections especially the guards while I also am intrigued by the potential of Jerod Evans. He seems to be one that leads by example.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Some last minute thoughts on what teams might do...

1. Browns - probably take Garrett... slight chance they Trubisky

2. 49ers.- looks like they pass on Solomon Thomas for scheme fit reasons. I'm thinking they take Jamal Adams, although it could easily be Lattimore or Hooker. There's an ever-so-slight chance they take Fournette... and an even slighter chance they go QB, although after watching Watson throw one off-target pass after another it won't be him. If they find a trade partner I can totally see them moving down with an eye on Reuben Foster.

3. The Bears probably take Solomon Thomas, but they could easily take one of those top three DBs (Adams, Hooker or Lattimore). I doubt they go QB, but if they do it will be Kizer.

4. Jaguars - everyone and their grandma has them taking Fournette, although it's interesting how the O-Man has been suggesting Trubisky as of late. I still think Jonathan Allen is possible, or if they actually fall... Jamal Adams or Solomon Thomas. There's also a very slim chance they take Hooker. I can see the Jaguars trading down if they get the right deal, and if they do look for them to take OJ Howard, Mahomes, Allen, Foster or maybe McCaffery. If they trade down further you might also include Lamp, Robinson, Hood and Watson.

5. Titans - if they stay put they're either taking Lattimore or Mike Williams, but they appear to be trying hard to trade down. The most likely trade would be with the Browns coming up for Trubisky. There's an ever-so-slight chance they take Howard.

6. Jets - the Jets really want Trubisky but I don't see them trading up for him. If he's gone they'll go a different direction, and for that matter, would absolutely love it if Lattimore fell into their laps. If both Trubsikly and Lattimore are gone they might look to trade down, but if they stay and pick, then maybe Hooker, Conley or Howard.

7. Chargers - they really, REALLY want Hooker to fall to them. If he's gone look for them to take Jonathan Allen.

8. Panthers - it's not secret they'd like to get Fournette here, but with him gone I see them going McCaffery. I feel the Saints really want McCaffery at #11, but I no longer see him falling that far. Jonathan Allen is possible as well.

9. Bengals - They're either taking OJ Howard, Barnett, Allen or McCaffery

10. Bills - Unless Trubisky falls this far in which case they don't hesitate to draft him, I can see them taking Marlon Humphrey or Mike Williams.

11. Saints - Unless McCaffery falls, I see the Saints taking Mahomes here ahead of the Cards and the crowd looking to trade up for him. Barnett is also a possibility.

12. Browns - the Browns really need their QB, but do they reach for Watson if both Trubisky and Mahomes are gone? I'm not so sure they do. I can see them going for a playmaker here like Mike Williams, OJ Howard or McCaffery.

13. Cards - I'm convinced they either go Foster or Mahomes

14. Eagles - Eagles are going Corey Davis, John Ross or Marlon Humphrey

15. Colts - I had them going Takkarist McKinley who is an ideal edge rusher for their 3-4, but now I see them getting that guy later and taking DT Malik McDowell here. There's an outside chance they go Reuben Foster if he falls this far.

16. Ravens - I see them taking Haasan Reddick or Takkarist McKinley as they get back to their defensive roots, or else they go WR with Corey Davis or John Ross.

17, Redskins - I see them taking McDowell if he falls, but if he's gone they either go Reddick or else go offense with Davis, Ross or Cook

18. Titans - Between CB and WR, whatever they did not do earlier they do now. ... if it's WR they're hoping for Davis.. if it's CB maybe Conley.

19. Bucs - they hope Barnett falls to them... if he's gone they take Taco

20. Broncos - the Broncos are drafting Ramczyk

I'll stop there.

'02

It'll be a long wait for me as the start of the draft is at 2.00 a.m where I live.

My favourite guys are S. Thomas, J. Adams, Lattimore and OJ Howard (I realize he's really unlikely at 4) and McCaffrey (although I wouldn't go RB at 4). I would love a trade down, especially if we manage to land Howard or get in a good range for a guy like Lamp.

This appears to be the most unpredictable draft of the last few years, Garrett should be a lock as the first pick but after him it's completey unknown.

Is this the year a safety or a CB finally goes top 3? And that no QB is selected in the top 4? 

The 49ers pick will be really interesting becuase of the dynamics it will create. Can't wait for tonight.

1010xl just said that McShay had just said that he is extremely confident that we are taking Fournette.  I agree with this.  I think we are leaking all of the Watson information to try to get a team to trade up to 2 to draft a quarterback, ensuring that Fournette drops to us at 4.

Also currently Mcshay and Kiper are mocking Trubisky at 1 overall.  That's a lot of smoke.  Schefter is also reporting that he's hearing Trubisky at 1 too.  This is starting to gain traction.....

They also said Bleecher report has us taking Watson

I hope they have plenty of staff and booze and outlets to purchase said booze at the draft party tonight. The last few years they have been struggling to meet demand at the event.

Haven't been downtown in a minute. Will be cool to see Dailys Place progress other than on the construction cams and be back in The Bank.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

All signs, experts, and rumors point to Fournette which leads me to believe it won't be him..

Quote:All signs, experts, and rumors point to Fournette which leads me to believe it won't be him..
Word is Coughlin wants Watson and to just be done with Blake, but Dave wants to give Blake one more chance and put more pieces around Blake. 

Its gonna come down to does Tom gets his way, I mean they hired the guy for a reason.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I like these selections especially the guards while I also am intrigued by the potential of Jerod Evans. He seems to be one that leads by example.

NH3...
Caldrac, and I have been on the same wave length this year as far as Evans. He will be the best QB in this draft.

Where'd you hear this? 

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 01:51 PM by irontrooper1983.)

...and in 6 hours time Bill Belichick will sit in his room with a beer looking at all those fools going crazy over draft picks, RB's going in the first, trades and stuff like that while knowing he just won a 5th SB with a sixth round QB (Tom Brady) a backfield made of an undrafted RB(L Blount) a 5th round RB (Dion Lewis) a 4th round RB (James White) and after trading some of his best guys (Collins, Chandler Jones) replacing them with unknown guys. Big Grin

The Draft is back baby! Time to get pumped about the new members of the Jacksonville Jaguars!! Speaking of coming back, it feels good man!! I can almost smell the football in the air!

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/857632984530386945

[tweet]857632984530386945[/tweet]

at this point i think its fournette or watson... its one of those 2

Quote:at this point i think its fournette or watson... its one of those 2

They aren't passing on Solomon Thomas if he is there. 

;

;

Referring to Solomon Thomas....I just watched highlight of his play, wow, that guy has a motor.

Would definitely be a good pick

Quote:at this point i think its fournette or watson... its one of those 2
I'm thinking not either of them. I'm thinking J Allen if they stay at four. In TC's mind he cannot have enough quality D-line players.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.